Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2022, 02:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,311,702 times

Advertisements

Pittsburgh police investigating after man arrives at local hospital with gunshot wound

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/pitt...outputType=amp

Old 07-13-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
How so and how many guns are enough? If "too many guns" were a problem, gun stores would be the most dangerous places in the U.S.A. Moreover, you reside in a state that has Constitutional carry. Do you put on your bullet proof vest before you leave your place? Sure must be dangerous in West Virginia. You'd be much safer in a place like the south side of Chicago - where guns are completely banned and don't have nearly the same rights as a woman.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:07 AM

1,171 posts, read 541,371 times
Pittsburgh police detective denied religious COVID-19 vaccine exemption said hundreds of first responders also denied could lose their jobs

https://www.wtae.com/article/pittsbu...nied/40606201#

"PITTSBURGH —Pittsburgh police Detective Amy Dice said she understands the magnitude of speaking publicly, and the risk to her job, but she is worried the risk to the community is greater if she doesn't.

"I'm doing it for the good of the city to protect the citizens who are going to be left abandoned," Dice said.

Dice said she is one of hundreds of Pittsburgh city employees who received a denial letter in response to her request for a religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine.

The letter came with progressive discipline. The discipline has since been put on hold while the city and the Fraternal Order of Police negotiate, but the follow-up letter states that the exemption denial stands."

Old 07-14-2022, 06:10 AM

6,360 posts, read 5,078,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
Pittsburgh police detective denied religious COVID-19 vaccine exemption said hundreds of first responders also denied could lose their jobs

https://www.wtae.com/article/pittsbu...nied/40606201#

"PITTSBURGH —Pittsburgh police Detective Amy Dice said she understands the magnitude of speaking publicly, and the risk to her job, but she is worried the risk to the community is greater if she doesn't.

Dice said she is one of hundreds of Pittsburgh city employees who received a denial letter in response to her request for a religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine.

The letter came with progressive discipline...."
i saw her on the news yesterday. i dont know how i feel about this.

first - 'religious exemption'? has that EVER been explained, by ANYONE?
secondly, if this isnt some ploy, and they truly have a religious exemption, wouldnt reason tell them that their higher power would be OK with vaccination, based on the larger picture - the health of the entire community, their retaining their job and therefore protecting the community.....

i am not attacking her/their choice, but just....explain your position before we make the City look like the villains (that they are anymore, usually, but lets be fair here).

Old 07-14-2022, 06:39 AM

437 posts, read 189,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
'religious exemption'? has that EVER been explained, by ANYONE?
Sure. The vaccine manufacturers used aborted fetal tissue to develop the vaccines. Some vaccines (perhaps all, I'm not sure) are made by growing viruses in fetal embryo cells. The cells originally came from tissue from babies that were aborted back in the '60s.

The First Amendment contains this RIGHT: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Virtually all leftists who worship Moloch ignore the words that are in bold. I realize that Congress isn't making a law to compel vaccinations, however, the issue does come back to religious freedom.

The city government are most definitely the villains if they are compelling vaccinations. It's authoritarian and leftists love authoritarians but what happened to "my body, my choice?"

Old 07-14-2022, 06:51 AM

1,171 posts, read 541,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
Sure. The vaccine manufacturers used aborted fetal tissue to develop the vaccines. Some vaccines (perhaps all, I'm not sure) are made by growing viruses in fetal embryo cells. The cells originally came from tissue from babies that were aborted back in the '60s.

The First Amendment contains this RIGHT: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Virtually all leftists who worship Moloch ignore the words that are in bold. I realize that Congress isn't making a law to compel vaccinations, however, the issue does come back to religious freedom.

The city government are most definitely the villains if they are compelling vaccinations. It's authoritarian and leftists love authoritarians but what happened to "my body, my choice?"
also a convenient way to defund/defang the police without proper legislation

Old 07-14-2022, 01:18 PM

Man dies after being found shot inside vehicle in Pittsburgh

https://www.wtae.com/article/man-die...urgh/40610110#

Old 07-14-2022, 03:51 PM

1,916 posts, read 750,358 times
Southside:

'After careful consideration, the owners of Foxtail/Skybar have decided to pause operations at the venue until further notice. The climate for operating a night time economy business in the South Side has regressed to the point of being unstable and has led to a customer base that is problematic.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oes-viral.html

Old 07-14-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Southside:

'After careful consideration, the owners of Foxtail/Skybar have decided to pause operations at the venue until further notice. The climate for operating a night time economy business in the South Side has regressed to the point of being unstable and has led to a customer base that is problematic.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oes-viral.html
They must not believe Big Ed and the community leaders have a plan to stop the criminals

Old 07-15-2022, 06:46 AM

437 posts, read 189,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They must not believe Big Ed and the community leaders have a plan to stop the criminals

Gainey did say that "we are all in this together" which is just another way of saying "I stand with..."
https://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...s/202207120106

Next step, put a flag in the Twitter bio and problem solved. Worked well for the weirdos on social media when they say the stand with Ukraine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh