Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2020, 06:10 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,072,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
The Kane in Glen Hazel is pretty cut off - the residents didnt seem to get out much, and there is nothing nearby (public housing and the cemetery).

Is St Barnabas in Gibsonia negligent?
Is the nursing home in Beaver Co negligent?

Or are they simply dealing with elderly folks with serious pre-existing health conditions?

The better questions are the supply of gloves, sanitizer, and use of them, the changes to standard routines to minimize spread, and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 06:20 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,583,735 times
I've dropped off care packages at St. Barnabus. They are following proper procedure with gloves, masks, and sanitizer. It's impossible to totally prevent the virus from spreading.

Old 04-11-2020, 06:22 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,324,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I am told by a higher education professional that many colleges and universities will not survive this event. A lot of higher ed layoffs are going to be permanent. He said Duquesne, Point Park, Robert Morris and La Roche could be some of the casualties locally, not even talking about state schools either
Every cloud has a silver lining.....

Old 04-11-2020, 07:13 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,288,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
The better questions are the supply of gloves, sanitizer, and use of them, the changes to standard routines to minimize spread, and so on.
Are you saying they’re not doing that?

Old 04-11-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Are you saying they’re not doing that?
that is what i am guessing, yes. those care facilities aren't always the spotless, professional, saintly places TV shows and commercials make they appear to be.

Old 04-11-2020, 09:44 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,288,019 times
Quote:
that is what i am guessing, yes. those care facilities aren't always the spotless, professional, saintly places TV shows and commercials make they appear to be.
So you’re assuming people are going to put themselves at risk by not doing those things?

Who says they are?

Do you realize that masks aren’t fullproof in not getting and passing on the virus?

Do you realize how many people touch things even with gloves?

How are you going to sanitize everything 24/7?

Old 04-12-2020, 07:19 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,695,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Every cloud has a silver lining.....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune...nrollment/amp/

CMU would be affected. They need the international students.

https://www.gwhatchet.com/2020/03/19...e-to-pandemic/

Old 04-12-2020, 07:50 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,696,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Oh no, all those CMU admission slots will have to go to American students, what a shame. If only we could continue the massive amounts of brain drain that are so beneficial for our country.

Old 04-12-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
So you’re assuming people are going to put themselves at risk by not doing those things?
I assume there are those that do not feel they will be caught up in all this, and have a lackadaisical attitude with warnings. And whether it is true or not, there WILL be those opportunists that will sue for damages based on these assumptions.

Who says they are?
I do, albeit based on a "guess".

Do you realize that masks aren’t fullproof in not getting and passing on the virus?
Yep.

Do you realize how many people touch things even with gloves?
Yep. I AM one of the people urging not to underestimate the seriousness of this, who said we are NOT over-reacting.

How are you going to sanitize everything 24/7?
Doesn't matter. You stated nothing specific to running a nursing home, or other similar facilities, that could have been implemented much earlier - limited social interaction, required masks by visitors, and who knows whatever else. Someone and their creative lawyer will probably find ground for a suit.

Old 04-12-2020, 09:58 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,583,735 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter. You stated nothing specific to running a nursing home, or other similar facilities, that could have been implemented much earlier - limited social interaction, required masks by visitors, and who knows whatever else. Someone and their creative lawyer will probably find ground for a suit.
That will definitely happen at some date. I was very careful when I was at St. Barnabus, gloves, mask, 6 feet distancing, all the right moves. Who's to say another visitor or even a worker didn't follow protocol? I haven't checked but I willing to guess that I will no longer be able to drop off food there since the recent deaths. Crazy times, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh