Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 08:26 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,254,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Ugh! I'm never eating fast-food EVER again! We had Wendy's last night. This morning I tried to go for a run. By the time I reached the end of Washington's Landing from Polish Hill I began to feel tremendous nausea and indigestion and had to power-walk the rest of the way back home via the 16th Street Bridge and Strip District.

Maybe jay5835 couldn't get through to me, but my body surely did. I'm going to try to eat healthier (and cook more!) from now on!
Good idea. Cook more and you'll be healthier and able to buy that house of yours sooner. Hope you feel better (and watch out for runners stomach - it can create 'interesting' situations!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 08:28 AM

6,789 posts, read 9,664,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
(and watch out for runners stomach - it can create 'interesting' situations!!)
You mean having to go poop on really short notice or have I missed something?

Old 06-05-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
8 Tips for Avoiding Runner’s Stomach | Fitness | Washingtonian

Every experienced runner has at least one story. mine involves a rainy cold winter Sydney night and an inner-city graveyard ...

On the food front, we ate at Grit and Grace last weekend. The food was very, very good and the 'dirt' dessert amazing. Highly recommended.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:14 PM

3,462 posts, read 4,668,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Been there, done that. You wouldn't know it to look at me now, but I used to be a serious runner. Had one memorable experience with my tummy during a run around Lake Merced in San Francisco when I was in college.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:26 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,963,981 times
I ate somewhere wonderful last night, San Lorenzo in Lawrenceville. First, we had two appetizers: an eggplant strata and a charcuterie and cheese board. Neither could have been any better, though I know someone would have preferred more salt in the eggplant.

Second, I had the most impressive Chicken Milanese I've ever eaten. Instead of a dry, breaded chicken cutlet, they served a perfectly cooked chicken breast half, boneless/skinless, over a bed of risotto and topped with a white wine sauce, melted mozzarella, and sugar snap peas. Absolutely wonderful.

My friend had the roasted half chicken, which he didn't like as much.

For dessert, there were three chocolate choices, and a limoncello cake. We both had the limoncello. It was good, though not spectacular the way the rest of the meal was.

Very highly recommended.

https://www.facebook.com/sanlorenzolvpgh?ref=stream

Old 06-28-2014, 03:00 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,930,586 times
I buy tv dinners to save money lol. I try to find those 10/$10 and get different types to see if I like them. also, sadly one of my favorite places to eat in this city has changed their quality of meat,bread,etc 3 times that its no longer imo, worth the price they ask.

ive never seen a place change their suppliers so often in a short time span before.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:12 AM

10,237 posts, read 16,916,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
I buy tv dinners to save money lol. I try to find those 10/$10 and get different types to see if I like them. also, sadly one of my favorite places to eat in this city has changed their quality of meat,bread,etc 3 times that its no longer imo, worth the price they ask.

ive never seen a place change their suppliers so often in a short time span before.
Hungry-Man | Eat Like A Man

Old 07-01-2014, 11:00 AM

423 posts, read 631,936 times
Korean-style fried chicken coming to Pittsburgh, Oakland.

Pennsylvasia: Korean-style chicken coming soon to Pittsburgh.

Our first one.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:04 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,611,162 times
My new favorite place is a little restaurant in Squirrel hill called Tan Lac Vien. Tan Lac Vien is a taste of Vietnam | Off the Bluff Off the Bluff On the left side of Murray ave going up the hill. Black awning. It is a tiny place and the decor/ambiance isn't that exciting but the food is wonderful. I took a freind there for dinner last night and we had the crab wontons, Vietnamese Iced coffee, and the entree was the Bun dac viet. The bill came to $41 for the two of us. The service is great and they do a good job of explaining the dishes and how they should be eaten.

The food is refreshingly not heavy but at the same time quite filling. Lots of vegetarian options as well.

http://tanlacvienpgh.com/index.html

Old 07-03-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
My new favorite place is a little restaurant in Squirrel hill called Tan Lac Vien. Tan Lac Vien is a taste of Vietnam | Off the Bluff Off the Bluff On the left side of Murray ave going up the hill. Black awning. It is a tiny place and the decor/ambiance isn't that exciting but the food is wonderful. I took a freind there for dinner last night and we had the crab wontons, Vietnamese Iced coffee, and the entree was the Bun dac viet. The bill came to $41 for the two of us. The service is great and they do a good job of explaining the dishes and how they should be eaten.

The food is refreshingly not heavy but at the same time quite filling. Lots of vegetarian options as well.

Home- TAN LAC VIEN- ???- Vietnamese Bistro
I agree. It's a great place. And BYOB too. We go there regularly. Along with Green Pepper, these are our two 'go to' places on that part of Murray, with Curry on Murray another respectable option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh