Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2021, 06:18 AM

387 posts, read 269,699 times

Advertisements

People who make blanket statements that it has nothing to do with the pandemic should not be taken seriously just as people who say the defund the police movement had nothing to do with it should also not be taken seriously. There are a number of circumstances that go into whether a murder rate goes up or down, it’s never just one thing. Murder rates were up across the country in urban, rural, Biden voting, trump voting, areas that changed their policing laws and those that didn’t. It’s impossible to just attribute only to Krasner’s policies even if I think some of them are misguided.

Old 09-28-2021, 08:47 AM

1,036 posts, read 453,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
I don’t understand the argument that this helps Trump. The polls haven’t show this at all. I think most people understand he’s stoked the divisions that have led to these incidents occurring.
I know, but people who make blanket statements...it's impossible to blame only to Trump for creating divisions even if I think some of his policies are misguided.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
People who make blanket statements that it has nothing to do with the pandemic should not be taken seriously just as people who say the defund the police movement had nothing to do with it should also not be taken seriously. There are a number of circumstances that go into whether a murder rate goes up or down, it’s never just one thing. Murder rates were up across the country in urban, rural, Biden voting, trump voting, areas that changed their policing laws and those that didn’t. It’s impossible to just attribute only to Krasner’s policies even if I think some of them are misguided.
Locally, Krasner is a huge problem in the skyrocketing homicides here. The only cause of this huge increase since last year?

Of course last year with the election, the Floyd Effect, politicians standing up for and supporting criminals, allowing an all out verbal and violent war on police departments, didn't help.

Where are all the white protesters now? Why isn't Krasner out supporting anti-police rioting by white people today? Where is BLM now? The police brutality issue is over? Do we want to hear the top DA talk about law enforcement or neurotoxins and nutritious meals in schools?

Murder rates went up across the country from the Floyd Effect, way worse than the Ferguson Effect some 6 years ago. The country waged war on police departments over George Floyd and local, national, and other assorted cretins manipulated Floyd and other criminals for an election.

The Floyd Effect will take years to subside and cost 10,000s of black lives.

There are a number of circumstances that go into whether a murder rate goes up or down; having a DA enforce the law is a great starting point, an effective Police Commissioner and not one used for progressive cred by a South Philly pol with greater ambitions than Philly, would really bring the murder rate down.

Giving the criminals the upper hand is never a good idea.

Philly 9/27: 407

No worries, Krasner is not being blamed...he'll get a landslide victory in November. Hopefully, in his 2nd term, he'll be able to tackle that neurotoxin problem in the schools.

2020: F the police....2021: call the police...lol.

Last edited by MPK21; 09-28-2021 at 09:33 AM..

Old 09-28-2021, 07:47 PM

14,314 posts, read 9,193,898 times
If Mayor Jim Kenney has ambitions that stretch beyond 215 City Hall, I'm hard pressed to discern them.

One of the things I've noticed about him is that he hates one of the most important parts of any mayor's job: Politicking among the people.

That won't serve him well if he seeks statewide office. And I've seen no evidence he's interested in that.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:46 AM

1,705 posts, read 983,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
If Mayor Jim Kenney has ambitions that stretch beyond 215 City Hall, I'm hard pressed to discern them.

One of the things I've noticed about him is that he hates one of the most important parts of any mayor's job: Politicking among the people.

That won't serve him well if he seeks statewide office. And I've seen no evidence he's interested in that.
The only time I've seen him politicking among the people is at the Race Street Cafe.

Old 09-29-2021, 09:34 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,771,004 times
Another woman killed last night

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-triple...reet/11059592/

Old 09-29-2021, 10:18 AM

2,239 posts, read 1,136,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Possibly hit 600 by the end of the year. Housing value is plummeting in those neighborhoods, people are moving out en masse. Perfect time if you're a developer or real estate broker to starting purchasing property, I know I am.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

Let's make that ''had'' ambitions that stretch beyond 215 City Hall...perhaps he'll retire to the South Jersey Irish Riviera known as North Wildwood, plenty of bars and 24-7 fun there...surprised you weren't aware that Jimmy had higher ambitions, what else could explain his Lunacy-in-Office as Mayor?

From a 8/12/21 Inquirer headline:

''Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney says he won’t run for Pa. governor or U.S. Senate
Kenney had discussed the possibility of running for higher office with potential backers. His political fortune and support have since taken a series of blows.''

Perhaps Jimmy realized his tryout to be a progressive failed and cost him political fortune and support but he certainly thought he could go beyond the confines Philly City Hall...after all, ego, ineptness, and alcohol are a toxic recipe for delusions of grandeur.

Kenney's hiring an unqualified and overpaid a black female known as Police Commissioner Outlaw was perhaps his saddest attempts to appeal to the white progressive crowd, not so much the black democratic vote. Outlaw openly manipulates the ''being black and female..and the ocassional, as needed, being a mother of 2 black sons'' propaganda with plenty of words for interviews related to social issues ie ''Driving While Black'' etc and yet, for example, when she actually does turn-up at a shooting scene, otherwise known as doing her actual job, can only muster the limited response ''I don't even know what to say anymore''...hmm. I'm now convinced that Outlaw is, at a minimum, an expert at the occasional ''stop the violence'' balloon launches. Another one manipulating social causes at the expense of lives. Please export her back to white azz Portland Oregon ASAP.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
yes, 3 women shot; 1 killed, 2 in critical condition.

Old 09-29-2021, 12:49 PM

2,239 posts, read 1,136,860 times
Quote:
An older man got into an argument with one of the women at a nearby club, presumably the driver. He then followed them out of the parking lot and opened fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia