Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2021, 09:01 AM

1,465 posts, read 626,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnnah View Post

Please explain the 'ghetto thug culture'? I've checked the thread history, and not once did you use it to describe the white suspects who shot at a white victim in the South Philly Air BNB shooting.
You know ghetto thug culture when you see it ... we all know what it is, don't play coy.

Why don't you post the story of the South Philly Air BNB attempted shooting?

Anyway, there are obviously a few times a year when white people commit murder or attempted murder in Philadelphia. Tell me, what demographic is responsible for (I'll take a guess) 90% of all murders and attempted murders?

Note: You must have missed my post about the white junkie breaking into all the cars in the suburbs.

Old 03-13-2021, 09:12 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,314,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Does anybody remember when, for an area it's size, NE Philly (at one time referred to as 'The Lily-White Northeast') was one of the safest areas in the country? This was back in the 1970s and '80s. Things started to change in the '90s.

https://6abc.com/24-year-old-woman-s...lice/10412134/

This is becoming a regular occurrence up there.
8800 Frankford? Near the Dining Car? Damn!

Old 03-13-2021, 02:06 PM

843 posts, read 700,925 times
I'm hoping the mod doest kill the last 2 pages as off topic as that I think discussing/dispelling racial steriotypes is very important for those out there who arent actually exposed daily to inner city, and suburban cultures.

You immediately tag me as "conservative (ie-Trumpster) when I point out how policies by white people have ruined the cohesive black family unit during a time that racism was so entwined in our country (60's) I take no offense, but if this is your go-to everytime someone points out real problems then we will never have a solution.

First, I'm the most moderate person out there, yes I'm white, married to a black woman for nearly 30 years with several children so I have a vested interest in racial harmony. Honestly my biggest enemy is antifa type anarchists (nearly all white), in my view this group hijacked legitimate protests over AA matters to heighten their (antifa) agenda, antifa has no horse in the race when it comes to police/black issues, they should stay out of all of these issues.

Secondly, most of the heroin addicts (who bring on drug culture for easy money) are white, Kensington is filled with white people hooked on heroin, much of which is sold by AA dealers and does bring violence as a result, and this violence is generally isolated to drug areas.

The issue is (and whats been a problem) is that flash mobs, crimes of violence in CC is oftentimes caused by large gangs of (primarily) AA teens, this cant be ignored, our cities future depends on this.

You can villanize me as conservative, but honestly the white groups in Seattle/Portland are my worst enemies, but as that they are not as prevalent here I'm going to sound off of the groups that are wrecking our city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnnah View Post

Please explain the 'ghetto thug culture'? I've checked the thread history, and not once did you use it to describe the white suspects who shot at a white victim in the South Philly Air BNB shooting.

Old 03-14-2021, 03:48 PM

9,413 posts, read 9,403,912 times
This nonsense needs to stop...

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...-20210312.html

Old 03-14-2021, 03:57 PM

1,465 posts, read 626,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Didn't open for me. Is this the one where the black guy went level 5 on the Asian dude?

Old 03-14-2021, 04:53 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,771,004 times
Quote:
Old News

Old 03-15-2021, 07:06 AM

9,413 posts, read 9,403,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Didn't open for me. Is this the one where the black guy went level 5 on the Asian dude?
"A 27-year-old Tacony man who was illegally riding a dirt bike on South Broad Street this week and violently attacked an SUV driver has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault, illegal gun possession, ATV violations, and other offenses, authorities said Friday."

"In an assault captured on video and spread on social media, Gregory Stevens was with a larger group of ATV riders traveling north on Broad Street near Washington Avenue on Tuesday evening when he abruptly braked and an SUV struck his bike from behind."

"Stevens fell to the ground, authorities said, and when the 25-year-old SUV driver got out of his vehicle to see if the rider was OK, Stevens repeatedly punched him. The SUV driver got back into his vehicle and locked his doors, but Stevens threw bricks and cinder blocks at the SUV, breaking its windows, while other riders in the group threw garbage at the SUV, police said."

I knew the day would when this problem would reach this level, and not its not just kids having fun, that is the angle I used to hear some use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Old News
Dirt bike riding is old news, but this level of violence associated with it on Broad Street is new.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:53 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,771,004 times
Quote:
"A 27-year-old Tacony man who was illegally riding a dirt bike on South Broad Street this week and violently attacked an SUV driver has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault, illegal gun possession, ATV violations, and other offenses, authorities said Friday."

"In an assault captured on video and spread on social media, Gregory Stevens was with a larger group of ATV riders traveling north on Broad Street near Washington Avenue on Tuesday evening when he abruptly braked and an SUV struck his bike from behind."

"Stevens fell to the ground, authorities said, and when the 25-year-old SUV driver got out of his vehicle to see if the rider was OK, Stevens repeatedly punched him. The SUV driver got back into his vehicle and locked his doors, but Stevens threw bricks and cinder blocks at the SUV, breaking its windows, while other riders in the group threw garbage at the SUV, police said."

I knew the day would when this problem would reach this level, and not its not just kids having fun, that is the angle I used to hear some use.

Dirt bike riding is old news, but this level of violence associated with it on Broad Street is new.
The story on broad street was last tuesday. It was old news by saturday since he has been arrested

Old 03-15-2021, 08:37 AM

1,705 posts, read 983,565 times
The cops have NO IDEA (and seemingly no inclination) how to stop this issue.

It's not just dirt bikes/ATVs. The younger kids on regular bikes are just as big of a problem.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:57 AM

10,633 posts, read 12,191,469 times
"Old news" is subjective, of course. And, news is supposed to be "new" -- or it wouldn't be "news." I get that, also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia