Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 01:37 PM

7,529 posts, read 10,266,897 times

Advertisements

Trail along the waterfront shaping up: Nonprofit riverfront group closer to gaining land it needs to build a S. Phila. trail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 01:39 PM

We all know we need more jobs in the city. Here's a significant opportunity: At Shale Insight conference, Phila. energy-hub idea takes hold

Old 09-17-2015, 01:51 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
We all know we need more jobs in the city. Here's a significant opportunity: At Shale Insight conference, Phila. energy-hub idea takes hold
An energy hub would be a good thing.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:39 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,655,636 times
I can see the "No Phracking Way!" bumperstickers now

Old 09-18-2015, 11:27 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,524,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
I can see the "No Phracking Way!" bumperstickers now
lol oh yeah. This will not be an easy fight.. Nor should it be. Safety for the public should be issue #1. I am all for it though, I can't lie.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:59 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,769,524 times
Have anybody seen the light masts on North Broad Street?
I have not seen it personally. But per the articles and pictures I read and saw online, they kind of look tacky during daylights.
The intention is great and they look awesome at night. But during daylight, they look cheap. Even though the design is intended to be that of minimalist.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:23 PM

A small piece of the Market East puzzle falls into place: Parking Authority brings light to dank garage

Old 09-25-2015, 04:25 PM

Proposed make over of the Camden waterfront: Plans for vast new development on Camden waterfront

Old 09-25-2015, 07:12 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,283,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Proposed make over of the Camden waterfront: Plans for vast new development on Camden waterfront
I suggested something like this in a Philly and Tourist thread...... i was bombarded as a outsider.... and the Ridicules idea of Developments where Parking lots are. Between the Ben Franklin and Aquarium. Oh the Heat and BUT IT'S STILL CAMDEN Rants and another state.....

One of my post then....
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
I'd say spare us personal issues with Camden. Again read Travel tourist feedback sights. They post comments like .... can see the Philly Skyline, Great Aquarium...... It is a Oasis and, Park on the Camden shore. But there is just Parking lots to the north toward the Ben Franklin.

Gentrification spreads from Downtowns outward mostly. A lot of parts of Brooklyn were not too nice too not too long ago. Harlem? But many parts have changed. Besides.... the Shore north of the Aquarium is not central Camden. High-rise living begs for VIEWS... like of a Skyline, waterway, and a majestic Bridge.

Apparently for you? Camden may as well be on Mars. Surely parts of even Center City, were not so attractive? Till some new developments or restoring existing housing in gentrification.... came.

As for Ferry or over the Bridge? Camden exist. But does not mean.... just as the Aquarium sight redid a part? So too could be a start of other parts of the Jersey side of the Delaware... from Philly. One New High-Rise luxury living with Views? Could start more. Or if not it won't go further.
After all. It is part of Philly's Metro. We will see if it actually gets built? New Yorkers moving down. Might have no need to Shun the NJ/Camden side? Or really do not want to live in a Row Home on the Philly side... I say by 2035. The NJ side of the Delaware... will have Mid-Rise and higher living along the Riverfront.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:34 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,020,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

Camden has been the crime capital of the US. Until that is under control Camden will continue to sit there festering like an open wound. People continue to flee. The city will not turn around until crime is under control. You are not the first person to have pipe dreams of being a real estate magnate in Camden. Maybe your grandchildren can do that. Right now black people don't want to live there, white people don't want to live there, & Puerto Ricans don't want to live there.
Two skyscrapers on Camden waterfront? Philly developer eyes 2018 opening

My optimism: 1
Your hateful negativity: 0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia