Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 06:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times

Advertisements

Cat is out of the bag dad the time to deal with her is past
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 07:00 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
It is really odd. Unless the daughter killed the mother (OP) (jk) the mother could have come on and said there would be no more posting due to privacy issues or some such. The thread has not been removed because of privacy and it is still here for all to see, if that were the case or has it been locked.

Can anyone be that busy after the length of this thread ? I doubt it. Either it was a con job, someone fell ill or something extreme happened. JMO. What will make me angry is if someone was just someone trolling.......
I am throwing out possibilities, not accusations.

I have had email relationships with people on boards, gotten sick or had surgery and had my dh send an email, just a fyi as to why I had disappeared. I found out later there was much speculation on the board about what had happened. Had I died ? Fell too ill to post ? Moved to a mountain top in Nepal ? Just a courtesy.

On a board I posted on for several years, a lady who was elderly but very spry and active came on the board and got very involved. She lived alone but had friends and had a rich life of doing things with them. She suddenly quit posting. It took us about 4-6 weeks to finally realize she hadn't posted in a while and then we started trying to find someone that could be contacted about her outside of the board. Finally, one of the posters got a message to her neice and we found out, eventually, that she had had a stroke and was in a nursing home/rehab and unable to access a computer and was there about 4 months. We started sending her cards and little messages and she finally was able to come on the board for a bit. She told us how much the cards meant to her. About 2 months later, after she tried to come back home, she had another stroke and passed away. She was well missed. Loved the movies and was a great critic.

I am not suggesting Jersey be tracked down but, I wish I could know if she and her family are well.

Just saying. You like to know what happened to people and hope it wasn't anything bad, because you got to know them over a period of time and liked and/or admired them. That is part of the let down over at the People Search board. Someone spends a lot of time tracking down a lost relative, etc, and the OP just disappears after getting solid info. No word how it turned out, anything....One researcher who helped a lot of people quit the research because of it.

Don't everybody act shocked, I have seen some real smelly threads on these boards. I have seen many threads that I wondered if they were written to be provocative just to get the thread/post counts up.

I don't think this was one of them but, I threw out several possibilities, as I said. Think whatever you want. I will unhook my subscription to this thread because I don't really much care anymore. They have my best wishes.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:41 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
I really hope this thread is never removed for privacy concerns. It gives a very realistic view of what happens when a middle class family is faced with a very young adult daughter, who is still utterly dependent upon her parents, gets pregnant. After all is said and done, the parents, who kept silent and allowed the daughter come to her own decision about what she should do, while simultaneously warning her that if she chose to have the baby, she would have to support it, wound up in middle age with a new baby to support, and a daughter whose schooling, and road to financial independence, took a detour, with significantly prolonged dependency.

Of course, they also wound up with a delightful baby in the house. In addition, they got drama, battles, heartache. And even though Jersey hasn't been back to post, you know that the drama that goes along with teen parents and an adversarial relationship, doesn't end. Custody, support, decisions for the child - it will probably go on as long as both families are involved.

That's why I hope this post is never taken down.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:47 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
I completely agree and OP is to be praised for her candor.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:40 PM

4 posts, read 11,476 times
My 15 yr old is pregnant and I can't afford to support her anymore. How do I kick her out of my house?

Old 01-22-2015, 03:44 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra.louis View Post
My 15 yr old is pregnant and I can't afford to support her anymore. How do I kick her out of my house?
I suggest you begin a new thread of your own. To attach your problem to this thread seems a bit insulting to the Original Poster. Different situation in some ways and very different parenting.

Oh--btw--I believe in most states kicking out a child under the age of 18 is considered child abandonment.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:24 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
A young working couple, in school and pregnant needs your support. Besides, they are looking to the future, and you will be grandparents.

Congratulations.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:13 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,396,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
A young working couple, in school and pregnant needs your support. Besides, they are looking to the future, and you will be grandparents.

Congratulations.
The baby has been born...healthy and happy.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:56 AM

659 posts, read 1,173,574 times
<<<crickets>>>

would love an update when convenient for the OP

Old 03-24-2015, 04:16 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,396,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
I think maybe the OP no longer needs the thread. Her frustrations and worries were vented, the situation had a happy ended and that's it.
I agree with this. I would love an update, but I assume no news is good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting