Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 07:16 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
jersey, I wanted you to know that you have touched the lives of many through this thread. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, and continuing to share it.
Thank you very much.

I hope someone else going through this can read and get some other points of view while trying to come to terms with one of the most emotion provoking things a parent can go through. The other thread got closed and that's sad. It could've been yet another point of view for others to consider.

I began this thread to help myself try to vent about the loss I felt and to try and get ideas for what seemed so impossible.

All of you have been great with helping me to accomplish this and continue to be there as a means of support and other sets of eyes seeing things I don't or simply didn't want to. I love that I have this still as a sounding board. And a venting place. There are times I want to pull my hair out!!! You all help me keep my hair still on my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 07:19 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
You all help me keep my hair still on my head.
We can't let you be a bald granny!

Old 06-30-2014, 10:15 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,532,052 times
Quote:
They only signed the order for it. They have to wait to be called for an appointment. Their next date in court is in about 2 months. That's a long time.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get results once it's taken?
If it's Labcorp that you use, about 5 business days after the samples are submitted.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
If it's Labcorp that you use, about 5 business days after the samples are submitted.
No idea yet. She has to wait on a call from the court to tell her when and where to go.

Thanks for the info.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
jersey, I wanted you to know that you have touched the lives of many through this thread. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, and continuing to share it.
I agree.

Jersey, I think it's wonderful how open and honest you have been as you have gone through all your trials and joys with us. It is a testament to how families should deal with unexpected and unplanned situations with grace, support, acceptance, and unconditional love. Your daughter and grandchild are blessed to have you as an example.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:47 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
No idea yet. She has to wait on a call from the court to tell her when and where to go.

Thanks for the info.
Are they going to wait until the hearing to reveal the paternity results? That seems like a long time to wait.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Are they going to wait until the hearing to reveal the paternity results? That seems like a long time to wait.
I think we get the results from the lab beforehand. Not entirely sure.

BostonMike? How does this work?

Old 06-30-2014, 06:27 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
I think we get the results from the lab beforehand. Not entirely sure.

BostonMike? How does this work?
Since he said the results took 5 days, and I'm sure he didn't end up in court 5 days after the blood was taken, I'm sure the results are released as soon as they are available. It gives the lawyers a chance to figure out their next move too.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:54 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
Question is, when (not if) the results come back confirming that he is the father, should your daughter resume the previously agreed upon visitation schedule, or should she just wait for court a couple of months later? I have a feeling that the attorney is going to say to just wait for court. I have a feeling that FOB and his family are going to start demanding access to the baby beforehand, once they know for certain that it's his child. But honestly, I couldn't blame your daughter for just saying that at this point, she's going to wait until they get in front of a judge, and follow whatever schedule the court determines is appropriate. Who could blame her for doing that? She bent over backwards to accommodate him, agreed to a visitation agreement that was in effect from literally the day she brought the baby home, only asked of him that he share the expense of "supplies" (which effectively would only mean help paying for diapers, since she had everything else, and was not requesting that he share the baby's living expenses). And the idiot let his parents push him into using his visitation time as an opportunity to corner her in her own home, with the baby in his arms, and accuse her of cuckolding him, because she went away for the weekend 13 months before the child was born! Let him wait for court at this point. She doesn't need this drama. And I have a feeling that if the baby is still exclusively breastfed at the point that they finally do get into court (which could be longer than two months, if she wants to draw it out - her lawyer can ask for it to be delayed for various reasons), that the judge is unlikely to order that the father be able to take the baby away for visitation yet. Probably he will simply uphold the current arrangement that the father be allowed to visit a few hours a week, to be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon time, until the baby is no longer exclusively breastfed.

Meanwhile, how is your daughter managing? Is the baby sleeping more at night yet? Is breastfeeding going smoothly at this point? Has she decided whether she can somehow manage to go back to school in September, at least part time? Maybe she could take night classes next semester, so that you and the family could watch the baby in the evening while she keeps working toward her degree, at least on a part time basis?

Old 06-30-2014, 08:59 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Sure she could do all that, but is it in the best interest of her child? Someday she is going to want to be able to say "I never denied your father access to you", whether he sticks around or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting