Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 04:40 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,774,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Jersey,

How did the paternity test go? Did they give you an idea of how long it will be for results>
They only signed the order for it. They have to wait to be called for an appointment. Their next date in court is in about 2 months. That's a long time.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get results once it's taken?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 07:29 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,407,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
They only signed the order for it. They have to wait to be called for an appointment. Their next date in court is in about 2 months. That's a long time.

Wow! Two months...that's so long. Since it's so long, will he still stay away until it's done.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:55 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,766,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

I disagree.
You are of course welcome to any opinion you like but it is one in which the child when old enough to understand will likely be very hurt and angry that her mother drove her father away, denying her the chance to know him, because he hurt her feelings and she didn't want to "deal" with him.

Oh, and its legality is questionable at best.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:56 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,766,452 times
Quote:

Wow! And the lawyer still wants there to be no contact between baby and fob for the entire duration?

Old 06-28-2014, 09:21 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,177,703 times
Quote:
I have been researching. It depends on which laboratory is used. It can very by days, weeks and up to two months in NJ. If you can find out which laboratory will be used, you'll have an accurate time period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Wow! Two months...that's so long. Since it's so long, will he still stay away until it's done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Wow! And the lawyer still wants there to be no contact between baby and fob for the entire duration?
Two months is the court date. The lawyer only said no contact until they have the paternity test results.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:37 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,619,584 times
Has he made any attempt to see the baby since the no contact order? Is he still providing supplies?

Old 06-28-2014, 10:44 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,141,861 times
So, she may be considered an adult legally but it is clear she and the child's father are not yet adults.

Beyond that, by giving her birth control pills, you all but gave her a green light to be sexually active. It is therefore YOUR responsibility for her getting pregnant!

What on earth did you expect?

So now, you and your husband find it inconvenient to deal with the results of your lack of morality and parental guidance and - oh sob-sob - don't know what to do.

An abortion will serve your sick agenda just fine. But, have you even bothered to consider what it will do to her - or the father?

Of course not.

All you can think about is yourselves.

Have a good life.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,180,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
So, she may be considered an adult legally but it is clear she and the child's father are not yet adults.

Beyond that, by giving her birth control pills, you all but gave her a green light to be sexually active. It is therefore YOUR responsibility for her getting pregnant!

What on earth did you expect?

So now, you and your husband find it inconvenient to deal with the results of your lack of morality and parental guidance and - oh sob-sob - don't know what to do.

An abortion will serve your sick agenda just fine. But, have you even bothered to consider what it will do to her - or the father?

Of course not.

All you can think about is yourselves.

Have a good life.
I've been active on CD for many years and this has got to be the most ridiculous post I've ever seen on any forum. Because the parents wanted to protect their daughter from unwanted pregnancy and put her on birth control but she chose not to take it, it is the parents' fault the girl got pregnant???

Even the most moral and responsible- even perfect- parents can have teens who screw up and it is not a reflection on the morality of the parents. Incredibly reasoning. I bet you are one of those nuts who thinks if you teach kids sex education they will run right out and try it.

Did you by any chance get mixed up and think you were responding to the thread recently closed. That girl is newly pregnant and this girl has a month old kid.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:07 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,141,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I've been active on CD for many years and this has got to be the most ridiculous post I've ever seen on any forum. Because the parents wanted to protect their daughter from unwanted pregnancy and put her on birth control but she chose not to take it, it is the parents' fault the girl got pregnant???

Even the most moral and responsible- even perfect- parents can have teens who screw up and it is not a reflection on the morality of the parents. Incredibly reasoning. I bet you are one of those nuts who thinks if you teach kids sex education they will run right out and try it.

Did you by any chance get mixed up and think you were responding to the thread recently closed. That girl is newly pregnant and this girl has a month old kid.
I thought I was responding to the post where the girl was pregnant and the parents were thinking of talking her into getting an abortion. She lived with them and the father lived with his parents.

As to your reaction to my post, that's your right.

I said what I said and do not apologize for it.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:31 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,497,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post

-snip-

the results of your lack of morality...
So..the "lack of morality" of the (now) grandparents, along with them providing birth control to their (adult) daughter, is what caused her to become pregnant?

I think there's some misinformation going on somewhere, because I'm pretty certain that's not how it works.

Maybe a basic biology class would help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting