Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:16 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,868,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
^^Not to mention that on paper, she is not currently employed. If this nanny situation doesn't work out, she will have a hard time finding an apartment to rent without established employment.
Generally they just require more money up front if you are renting without a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 07:19 AM

852 posts, read 1,366,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Generally they just require more money up front if you are renting without a job.
Not where I live. Pay stubs are part of the credit check process.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Not where I live. Pay stubs are part of the credit check process.

Trust me if you have excellent credit and don't currently have a job you can still rent.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Trust me if you have excellent credit and don't currently have a job you can still rent.
Are you familiar with txtqueen and everything that she has posted on these threads? Excellent credit? Context is everything, dear. Must you really pick at every little thing I post? It's getting tiresome.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Are you familiar with txtqueen and everything that she has posted on these threads? Excellent credit? Context is everything, dear. Must you really pick at every little thing I post? It's getting tiresome.

I can't help it if i don't agree with you

Old 12-10-2010, 09:22 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,814,083 times
Quote:
^^Not to mention that on paper, she is not currently employed. If this nanny situation doesn't work out, she will have a hard time finding an apartment to rent without established employment.
She is employed by Bed Bath and Beyond, but only the employment at Bed Bath and Beyond will count toward any kind of credit check or employment history. Her nanny work won't count, because if no one's paying income taxes on it, or social security tax, then it is illegal employment.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
She is employed by Bed Bath and Beyond, but only the employment at Bed Bath and Beyond will count toward any kind of credit check or employment history. Her nanny work won't count, because if no one's paying income taxes on it, or social security tax, then it is illegal employment.

I don't think the apartment complex is going to ask for their tax id number

Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I can't help it if i don't agree with you
Well, all I can surmise is that if you feel the need to pick at everything I post, you must feel really threatened by what I'm saying. Wonder why that might be?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Well, all I can surmise is that if you feel the need to pick at everything I post, you must feel really threatened by what I'm saying. Wonder why that might be?

Don't feel special as i pick at many other peoples posts as well...ask around PM is known for being blunt and vigorous disagreements over many subjects

Old 12-10-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Exactly, and with the current legislation holding landlords more responsible for the condition of their properties (in my area this is a topic of much discussion, and we're on the tail end of the trend), landlords are far more careful to whom they rent. She wouldn't qualify for section 8 because of the other job, and she wouldn't likely get her credit approved because she is not currently employed full-time on paper.

I think these things look far different to 40 something eyes than they do to 20 something eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting