Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 01:09 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,495,198 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 5th 2013. Nothing exciting to report from my little corner of the world, so let’s get straight down to business.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?

Had a serious case of food poisoning?

Forgotten where you left your parked car?

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else?

Paid the same bill twice?

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs?
If yes, what do you grow?

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens.

Thought for the Day:

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. (Doug Larson)

Today Is:

Melbourne Cup Day (Australia – “the race that stops the nation” –
Melbourne Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
Guy Fawkes Day (National Gunpowder Day)
Commercial TV Broadcast Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 01:16 AM

21,598 posts, read 8,767,056 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event.
It's been so long, I don't remember. Probably it was in the early 80s when I was married to my first husband. My present husband doesn't dance.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? No

Had a serious case of food poisoning? Not serious, but I've had symptoms of what I suspect was food poisoning. It wasn't pleasant.
Forgotten where you left your parked car? Yes, I have done that. I remember wandering up and down the floors of a multi-level parking garage, growing ever more anxious and desperate. It was like being in an episode of "The Twilight Zone."
Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? Lots of times. People say "You look just like so-and-so." I must have a common face!

Paid the same bill twice? Yes, but got a refund.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? Well, sort of.
If yes, what do you grow? I bought a potted chive plant once when I needed them for a recipe but couldn't find fresh chives at the grocery store. The poor plant struggled along for a while and then died.

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens.
If you could travel to any country in the world that you haven't visited before, what country would you choose, and why?

Thanks, Kobber!

Last edited by Bayarea4; 11-05-2013 at 01:25 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 01:19 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,959,371 times
Default Today’s Questions – Tuesday, November 5th 2013.
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 5th 2013. Nothing exciting to report from my little corner of the world, so let’s get straight down to business.

Today’s Question:

I think it was a New Year's dance at a club way back in the early 80's. I did dance at my daughter's wedding in 2006..

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?

Bonus Question:

I've grown Basil and Rosemary.

Just for fun:

What color is red?

Thought for the Day:

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. (Doug Larson)

Today Is:

Thanks Kobber!

Last edited by SATX56; 11-05-2013 at 01:33 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 01:47 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,167,668 times
~ It's Kobberday again! I have a DiGiorno rising crust pizza and I'm going to bake it and eat it today! It has pepperonis.

~ Never in my life.

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?

~ Yep.

~ Yep. Once from jarred B&B mushrooms and once from the barbeque ribs at a Chili's restaurant.

~ Oh sure, back in the day! One time I found it at a beach a few miles away.
Another time I was drinking in a little bar with the Steppenwolf guys and I got lucky with a beautiful girl and next thing I know it was the next day and my underwear was out on my car in front of the house. (That stuff is from when I was younger and living in Jacksonville Beach, Florida)

~ A bunch of times. People come up to me that I've never seen before and tell me how it's good to see me again.

~ I'm not sure.

Do you grow any of your own herbs? ~ Yes.
If yes, what do you grow? ~ Marijuana, way, way long time ago, when I was a young'un.

~ How big of a container do you think you would need to hold all the pee you have peed in your life?

**** Thanks, Kobber! Everybody have a nice day with happy treats and everybody wang chung tonight. ****

Last edited by rainroosty; 11-05-2013 at 03:00 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 01:50 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,916,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Today’s Question:

I dance like a scarecrow - end of story.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?
No

Yes

Not yet

No

I hope not

Bonus Question:

Of course

Just the usual parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme

Just for fun:

Do you hope there is intelligent life on other planets?

I close with
"Penny for the guy" - not many will get this one
Poip

Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 AM

30,654 posts, read 16,313,181 times
Quote:

Today’s Question:

Never. Never ever. Hippo has no co-ordination. Hippo has no sense of rhythm. Ergo, Hippo does not dance, or, more accurately, try to dance.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?
no. maybe some day.....

yup. not pretty.

yes. scary.

yea. When I lived in Binghamton, NY on 3 different occasions people thought I was Cathy.

nope.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? silly question-herbs come in little boxes.

Just for fun:

Not sure if this has been asked but: The car fairy is going to bring you a new or vintage/antique car. What's it going to be?

Thought for the Day:

Today Is:

Thanks, Kobber
Have a great day, everyone

Old 11-05-2013, 02:16 AM

11,395 posts, read 9,317,843 times
Hello all,

Quote:

Today’s Question:

Never.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? - No

Had a serious case of food poisoning? - Yes

Forgotten where you left your parked car? - Yes, but found it in 20 minutes. Garage I was not familiar with.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? - A couple of times.

Paid the same bill twice? - Not that I recall.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? - No.
If yes, what do you grow? -

Just for fun:

I'm a little sleep deprived but here is five I thought of right away. I think some of these have been used in the past but maybe not in a while.

Have you ever drove over 100 MPH? What was the fastest? Details?
Last time you ate at a restaurant?
What was the last concert you attended?
When was the last time you had a meaningful conversation on the phone that lasted more than 30 minutes?
Phone or text?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 11-05-2013, 02:43 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,759,137 times

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event. Not much to tell. The senior prom.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? No

Had a serious case of food poisoning? Yes, hospital for 2 weeks in downtown Detroit. Egg Salad.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? Yes

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? Yes. Old school mate who had developed dementia early in life.

Paid the same bill twice? Yes, the utility bill.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? No

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. At this time of the day I'm in the same boat.

Thought for the Day:

Today Is:

Old 11-05-2013, 02:53 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,515,635 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event. The last time I went out was in my early 30's, before I got married, which was 29 years ago. A friend and I that were both single would go out some Friday or Saturday nights, mostly to dance and listen to good music.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? Yes, once.

Had a serious case of food poisoning? No, thank goodness.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? Yes.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? Yes.

Paid the same bill twice? No.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? No.

Just for fun:

What was the first car you owned?

Old 11-05-2013, 03:28 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,017,589 times
Today’s Question:

It would have been way back in high school. When I showed up there were nine guys and only one girl there. A few minutes later the girl's boyfriend showed up and they departed. That just left the now ten of us guys. Since it was in the school gym we found a basketball and shot some hoops instead. No other girls ever showed up.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?
I have slept in a camp trailer. Would not say I took a vacation in one.

Not even close

As often as I leave my car in airport parking lots for extended periods of time I worry about this. However I always park in the same part of the parkng lot so I do not forget where I parked.

My parents could forget where they parked the car in the garage at home. Once while I was in college I flew to Spokane WA where my parents met me. We walked out to the parking lot but their truck was nowhere to be seen. Knowing how my parents could lose the truck in a one car garage I wandered around for a while but never spotted their white Chevy PU. My dad tossed me the keys and said to come get him if I ever found the truck. There were no Chevy keys on the ring. Just a Ford key. They had bought the truck just that morning. We were standing right next to the truck. My dad got me good with that one.

Has happened once or twice.

Have not

Bonus Question:

Do science projects growing in the back of the fridge count as herbs?

Just for fun:

Has your home heating system ever failed during a winter weekend? Did you place a weekend service call or tough it out til Monday to call the repairman?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics