Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 01:36 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,490,296 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 19th 2013. My thoughts go out to everyone caught up in those dreadful tornadoes in the Midwest. A suburb of Sydney that I used to live in suffered a mini-tornado yesterday which did a fair amount of damage – I can’t imagine the type of tornadoes you guys have to deal with.

On to more cheerful issues, like the all-important questions of the day.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)?

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor

Worked in fast food

Won a goldfish at the fairground

Entered an art competition

Been called as a witness in court

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)?

Just for fun:

This question was suggested by Kiwikate (thanks Kk! )
Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing?

Thought for the Day:

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. (Frank A. Clark)

Today Is:

A couple of extra-weird ones today:
World Toilet Day
National Blow Bagpipes Day
National Carbonated Beverage Day
Play Monopoly Day
Equal Opportunity Day
International Men's Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 01:44 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,460,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 19th 2013. My thoughts go out to everyone caught up in those dreadful tornadoes in the Midwest. A suburb of Sydney that I used to live in suffered a mini-tornado yesterday which did a fair amount of damage – I can’t imagine the type of tornadoes you guys have to deal with.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)?
This past summer at the lake in Ontario.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor - sure have

Worked in fast food - never

Won a goldfish at the fairground - a gold fish? Didn't even know you could win those at the fair

Entered an art competition - not drawing but poetry

Been called as a witness in court - no and hope I never am

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)?
Riding gloves and gloves for winter

Just for fun:

The southern accent luv it!

Thought for the Day:

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. (Frank A. Clark)

Today Is:

World Toilet Day
Play Monopoly Day
Equal Opportunity Day
International Men's Day <-----oh boy, my dad is going to have a hay day with that one! Not sure if I should reveal it LoL
Happy Tuesday all! Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Old 11-19-2013, 02:29 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,660,452 times

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)? I was in the FL Keys fishing.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor Yes, mine.

Worked in fast food No.

Won a goldfish at the fairground No.

Entered an art competition Yes, and won.

Been called as a witness in court No

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)? White for handling photo paper.

Just for fun:

Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing? Arkansas delta pure southern.

Thought for the Day:

Today Is:

World Toilet Day
Play Monopoly Day
Equal Opportunity Day
International Men's Day

Old 11-19-2013, 02:45 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,888,293 times
Quote:
Today’s Question:

Canoe on our neighborhood lake enjoying supper with my family . I love eating on the water.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor

Nope

Worked in fast food

Yes, and I LOVED it, but I knew it wasn't going to be my career. I can still cook a hand-tossed pizza.

Won a goldfish at the fairground

My child won several, one of them lived six years.

Entered an art competition

Art? I can't do no stinkin' art.

Been called as a witness in court

Nope

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc

I only own gloves that prevent blisters and/or keep my hands warm.

Just for fun:

South Ca-olynah . GO TIGERS!!!!!
Poiple and ohnge

Old 11-19-2013, 02:48 AM

30,554 posts, read 16,247,641 times
Quote:

Today’s Question:

a few yrs ago-returning from Isle au Haut to Stonington, Maine

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor yup

Worked in fast food no but maybe someday.

Won a goldfish at the fairground my sister used-not me.

Entered an art competition photography-local bank puts out a calendar every year. didn't get picked.

Been called as a witness in court yes.

Bonus Question:

4 gardening from just cotton to really thick for prickery stuff like nettles. gloves for driving in winter (steering wheels get really really cold) mittens for winter walking and/or shoveling.

Just for fun:

Texas/Oklahoma.

Thought for the Day:

right now, no obstacles sounds so nice.

Today Is:

World Toilet Day
Play Monopoly Day
Equal Opportunity Day
International Men's Day
Aren't they all pretty weird? Just some more so than others.

Thanks, Kobber.
Have a great day, everyone

Old 11-19-2013, 02:57 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,008,081 times
Today’s Question:

That would be last Apr. I took the ferry from Alaska to Washington. Rode one ferry from Whitter to Juneau and one ferry from Juneau to Bellingham,WA. Counting the 4 day layover in Juneau it took about 9 days total. I do not think we ever got more than about 20 miles from shore.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever - Many times

Ridden on a tractor Yes

Worked in fast food Sort of. Delivered pizza for 8 years

Won a goldfish at the fairground Nope

Entered an art competition Nope. With my lack of artistic ability I would take last place.

Been called as a witness in court So far there has been no need in court for my vast knowledge of stinky cheese

Bonus Question:

I have some work gloves. Also have a few pair of winter gloves

Just for fun:

Accents are not high on my list of things I find appealing

Old 11-19-2013, 03:08 AM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
Good morning everyone

Today’s Question:

About a month ago, when visiting my hometown.
It was a private yacht and we sailed few hours on a Baltic sea.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor - No.

Worked in fast food - No.

Won a goldfish at the fairground - Lol!! No.

Entered an art competition - if music is an art, then yes
Photo contests on C-D

Been called as a witness in court - No.

Bonus Question:

Gardening, latex, mittens, leather/fur, winter, driving - gloves. Moisturizing gloves.
I also have few long and short dress gloves.

Just for fun:

My own. Yep, I have pretty strong accent

Thought for the Day:

Probably true

Today Is:

World Toilet Day
National Carbonated Beverage Day Carbonated water!!
Play Monopoly Day
Equal Opportunity Day
International Men's Day

Last edited by elnina; 11-19-2013 at 03:55 AM..

Old 11-19-2013, 03:14 AM

21,555 posts, read 8,736,124 times
Today’s Question:

It was probably the time DH and I went on a dinner cruise in Hawaii. That would have been 1986 or 1987.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor No

Worked in fast food No

Won a goldfish at the fairground No

Entered an art competition No

Been called as a witness in court Yes
A man with a long criminal record tried to break into my apartment in the middle of the night. I was called as a witness when he was arraigned. Police caught him in the building and his tools were dropped in the hallway. But no one actually saw him trying to jimmy the door open, so he got off.

Bonus Question:

I have kitchen gloves, garden gloves (in both rubber and fabric), ski gloves, knit gloves, suede gloves and leather dress gloves.

Just for fun:

I've always been fond of Texas accents. Maybe it's because my first boyfriend was from Houston.

Thanks, Kobber!

Old 11-19-2013, 03:53 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,093,006 times

When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)? A cruise....on the ocean. 4 years ago.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor ha ha ha I'm a farmer's daughter...was raised driving a tractor...learned to drive one at about 8 years old.

Worked in fast food yes years ago

Won a goldfish at the fairground yes but it soon died.

Entered an art competition I draw charcoal portraits...I entered one portrait of my grandson in the IL State Fair...I didn't win a ribbon but it was selected to hang in the gallery.

Been called as a witness in court No

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)? Warm Canadian wooly knitted gloves, fingerless motorcycle gloves, rubber gloves, garden gloves, leather driving gloves (4 or 5 pair), mittens for snowballs, stretch winter gloves, white cotton evening gloves

Just for fun:

Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing? Southern but I like Australian really well.

Thought for the Day:

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. (Frank A. Clark) Amen

Today Is:

World Toilet Day Ha ha ha
National Blow Bagpipes Day ahhhh yes
National Carbonated Beverage Day clap clap
Play Monopoly Day come on over and let's play
Equal Opportunity Day clap clap clap
International Men's Day clap clap

Thanks Kobber....thanks for the ????s. To everyone, have a great day.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 AM

126,290 posts, read 19,074,632 times
Today’s Questions – Tuesday, November 19th 2013.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)?This summer I was with friends on a sailing boat for a Sunday outing

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractorAs a child I sat many times on the side on a tractor

Worked in fast foodNope

Won a goldfish at the fairgroundNope

Entered an art competitionNope

Been called as a witness in courtNope

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)?I have a few Norwegian wool gloves,gardening gloves,special gloves for exercising,vinyl gloves

Just for fun:

Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing? Hard to say it is a tie between Italian and French

Thank you Kobber for the questions and have a good day all

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics