Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,389,036 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)?
Either when I was 15 (cruise on the boat The Mount Katahdin in Belfast Harbor) or when I was 22 (rowboat in Biscay Lake), in Maine.
Can't recall if I actually went in the boat when I was 22 or not, though-know we visited my grandparents' cottage there then.
So it was one or the other occasion-1988 or 1995.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor
Not on the tractor itself, but on the flatbed hay hauling part pulled behind the tractor (which my grandfather drove).
Worked in fast food
Never
Won a goldfish at the fairground
Never
Entered an art competition
Back in junior high school
Been called as a witness in court
Sort of. I testified in an office, not in open court, because I was just a child at the time.
I saw a kid who was playing in a parking lot and who jumped on a car and damaged it, which is what I was asked about. I was paid $10.20 for my time.

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)?
Just winter gloves, don't know how to describe them-black & thick, dunno' what they're made of because I didn't get them new, they came from an ex who gave me his.

Just for fun:

This question was suggested by Kiwikate (thanks Kk! )
Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing?
The wide range of British (and surrounding areas) regional accents. I watch a lot of UK tv.

Today Is:

A couple of extra-weird ones today:
World Toilet Day- I'm a big fan of indoor plumbing, am not the sort of person who can go camping

Thanks for the Qs, Kobber.
Hope everyone's having a pleasant afternoon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 10:15 AM

7,343 posts, read 2,750,400 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)?
1978 in Alaska on a lake in a paddle boat with the two older kids who were then 5 and 3.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor Yes

Worked in fast food No

Won a goldfish at the fairground No

Entered an art competition Ha Ha Ha - NO!

Been called as a witness in court Yes, many times

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)? I have a pair of leather work gloves and I think there may be some rubber/latex gloves in there somewhere. I also have three baseball gloves.

Just for fun:

Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing? Probably Irish and Scottish.

Hope you all have a terrific day.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 AM

5,917 posts, read 3,813,920 times
Today’s Question:

It was a little over two years ago, I was visiting my hometown which is on the coast of NC and a dear friend who has a boat took me out several times to go to Cape Lookout for fun and sun.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor yes, many times

Worked in fast food Yes

Won a goldfish at the fairground no

Entered an art competition no

Been called as a witness in court yes

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)?
black leather and garden gloves

Just for fun:

I like most accents but I think the Scottish accent is really cool

Thought for the Day:

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. (Frank A. Clark)

Today Is:

World Toilet Day
National Blow Bagpipes Day
National Carbonated Beverage Day
Play Monopoly Day
Equal Opportunity Day
International Men's Day

Old 11-19-2013, 01:13 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,048,976 times
Today’s Question:

It was a few years ago. I was out on a ski boat with some friends water skiing and tubing at Possum Kingdom Lake, which is about 80 miles northeast of Abilene, Texas.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor Yes

Worked in fast food Yes (Pizza restaurant when I was in college...it was very hard work!)

Won a goldfish at the fairground No

Entered an art competition No

Been called as a witness in court No

Bonus Question:

Just the usual winter gloves to keep your hands warm.

Just for fun:

I've always really liked the Australian accent. To me, it's just a really cool accent that's very unique.

Thought for the Day:

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. (Frank A. Clark)

...That's a good one!

Old 11-19-2013, 03:09 PM

44,400 posts, read 20,131,487 times
Today’s Question:
When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? March 2013. Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)? I was on a Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Epic.

Extra Credit Question:
Have you ever -
Ridden on a tractor Yes, a few times.
Worked in fast food No.
Won a goldfish at the fairground Haha - Yes. I won several of them when I was little. They never lasted very long.
Entered an art competition No, but I hope to enter some photographs in the county fair next year.
Been called as a witness in court No, but because I'm a paralegal I've attended many trials.

Bonus Question:
What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)? Three pairs of garden gloves, one pair of knitted winter gloves and one pair of leather dressy gloves.

Just for fun:
Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing? Upper Midwest, as that's where I've lived all my life. I like the sound of it better than accents from other US regions.

Thought for the Day:
If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. (Frank A. Clark) Good point.

Today Is:
World Toilet Day A must-have!
National Blow Bagpipes Day Haha. I like bagpipe music only in small doses. Bagpipes usually make me sad, though. Ever since 9/11, they make me think of all the funerals of the first responders.
National Carbonated Beverage Day I don't drink them very often anymore.
Play Monopoly Day I liked it when I was a kid. Now, not so much because it takes too darned long to play a game!
Equal Opportunity Day Yay!
International Men's Day Yay for men! And for women, too!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,771,256 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)? It has been several years ago but it was in the Florida Keys and I was helping Nomad keep bait in the water.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor yes and drove it also

Worked in fast food does feeding a family of 5 hungry people count?

Won a goldfish at the fairground Not a gold fish but I won a small doll once

Entered an art competition yes and won

Been called as a witness in court Never been to court but have given several depositions.

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)? gardening, latex, and white cotton for handling photos

Just for fun:

Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing? I don't care what kind a accent you have as long as I can understand you!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:46 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,519,845 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you were on the water in a boat of any kind? Please tell us a little about it (river, lake, ocean… what type of boat… what were you doing there, etc)? It has been a very long time. It was on a local lake. My ex-husband worked for the state and they owned a boat and he was supposed to take some of his time off work to go check out a stream that emptied into the lake. He brought myself and our kids and that was like 17 or 18 years ago.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor No.

Worked in fast food No.

Won a goldfish at the fairground I have at a carnival.

Entered an art competition Yes.

Been called as a witness in court Yes.

Bonus Question:

What kinds of gloves do you own (gardening, woolly, leather, golfing, fingerless, mittens, rubber/latex, football, baseball, etc. etc)? I have some real light ones for colder weather and some warmer ones for winter.

Just for fun:

Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing? Scottish.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:53 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,056,789 times
Today’s Question:

Earlier this year, I took a ferry into Catalina Island, just off the coast of Long Beach in Southern CaliFUNia

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Ridden on a tractor : Nope

Worked in fast food : Yes, Jack in the Box in the late 1990's

Won a goldfish at the fairground : Nope

Entered an art competition : Nope

Been called as a witness in court : Nope (thank GOD!)

Bonus Question:

I just bought some rubber gloves for a major cleaning project that's ahead ...

Just for fun:

I think they all are nice in their own way ... Not sure of one that stands out the most as appealing ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics