Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,929,800 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event. Probably 35 years ago or more! Sad to think about because I love to dance.

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? Didn't travel in it, but I stayed with my brother and his wife in their RV at Ohope Beach, New Zealand a few years ago.

Had a serious case of food poisoning? Nope, thank goodness.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? Oh yes, many times.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? Probably, but many years ago.

Paid the same bill twice? Don't think so.

Do you grow any of your own herbs? Not for many years, but then, I grew parsley, chives, rosemary, thyme, mint.

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. Which US regional or international accent do you find the most appealing?

Today Is:

Melbourne Cup Day (Australia – “the race that stops the nation” –
Melbourne Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) Always a big deal when I lived in NZ.
Guy Fawkes Day (National Gunpowder Day) "Penny for the Guy"? Used to love GFD as a kid.

Thanks Kobber. Happy Tuesday everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 08:50 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,852,687 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event.
I haven't been dancing in many many years, and I don't recall when the last time was....probably the 80's.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? no

Had a serious case of food poisoning? yes

Forgotten where you left your parked car? all the time

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? yes

Paid the same bill twice? yes

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? no
If yes, what do you grow?

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens.
I have no clue either

Thought for the Day:

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. (Doug Larson)

Today Is:

Melbourne Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
Guy Fawkes Day (National Gunpowder Day)
Commercial TV Broadcast Day

Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,453,046 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event.
Gosh, it's been a long time. It was back in the 70s and I was learning to line dance.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? No

Had a serious case of food poisoning? No-knock on wood.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? Yeah, it happens a lot.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else?
Yes. It was in an airport and the person thought I was Hayley Mills.

Paid the same bill twice? Yes. I have a credit with the water department. Duh.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? Yes
If yes, what do you grow? I grow mint and I don't know why. I don't like mint.

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens.
How many pairs of shoes do you own? (as opposed to renting)

Thought for the Day:

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. (Doug Larson) That is soooo true.

Today Is:

Melbourne Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
Guy Fawkes Day (National Gunpowder Day)
Commercial TV Broadcast Day

Old 11-05-2013, 09:36 AM

44,753 posts, read 62,117,125 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event. It's been quite a long time, probably at the OK Corral where someone pulled out a six gun and said 'dance pardner". I obliged, a sight to see if you can imagine.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? No, tents & motels only..

Had a serious case of food poisoning? No, just Montezumas revenge.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? Yes, a few times in those multiple level lots..

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? Yes, George Washington stopped me one day and thought I was Jefferson, it was a foggy day at the Potomac..

Paid the same bill twice? Yes, just last week. I paid a clerk for something the wife bought not knowing she had already paid for it. She got the refund.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? No, don't know any.

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. vvv
Do you have any bus tokens?
How many?
When did you last use tokens.?

Tuesday a wonderful day to do something, anything, as long as it's something, enjoy...

Old 11-05-2013, 10:30 AM

51 posts, read 70,973 times
Today’s Question:

It was never the main purpose.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? Nope.

Had a serious case of food poisoning? No.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? Yes, but I found it very quickly.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? I don't think so.

Paid the same bill twice? No.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? No.

Just for fun:

How many cellphones have you ever owned.

Last edited by skepo; 11-05-2013 at 10:38 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 02:54 PM

27,497 posts, read 27,526,788 times
Yes Ive gone oon 'vacations' in an rv.
Yes I remember getting food poisoning a few times, it seemed almost every time we ( the crew from work and I) ate at a certain restaurant chain the southern AZ.
Happy Tuesday everyone....

Old 11-05-2013, 04:40 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,677,613 times
When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event. man it's been ages - too long. I used to go dancing all the time - night clubs. Fun times

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? don't think so but i'd like to

Had a serious case of food poisoning? yes

Forgotten where you left your parked car?

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? yes - sometimes someone famous

Paid the same bill twice? don't think so

Do you grow any of your own herbs? grow your own! Yes, but that was years ago

Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,779,074 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 5th 2013. Nothing exciting to report from my little corner of the world, so let’s get straight down to business. Good Tuesday evening! I answered these questions this morning but for some reason known only to computer geeks the post reply would not function, so here we go again.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event. High school prom theme Up a Lazy River with riverboat decorations. Fun was had by all and the next day a full day of fun on the beach.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? no

Had a serious case of food poisoning? no

Forgotten where you left your parked car? only once when we had just bought it. I was looking for the wrong car.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? People come up to me in retail stores all the time to ask where items are.

Paid the same bill twice? I paid one that I did not know hubby had already paid, got a refund!

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? No but I get fresh rosemary, oregano and chives from my nephew

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. Have you ever been so frustrated with a computer or website that you hit the computer with a heavy object?

Old 11-05-2013, 06:42 PM
bjh

60,510 posts, read 30,661,663 times
Today’s Question:
Long ago in a galaxy far away.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? No, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Had a serious case of food poisoning? Happily, no.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? Yes

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? Yep

Paid the same bill twice? Nope

Bonus Question:
Do you grow any of your own herbs? Not at this time
If yes, what do you grow? Grew dill years ago. Could pluck it and chew on it. It was good.

Just for fun:

Saving my questions for Thursday.

Thanks, Kobber.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics