Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:00 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,668,450 times

Advertisements

[quote=Kobber;32096718]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 5th 2013. Nothing exciting to report from my little corner of the world, so let’s get straight down to business.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? Yes, we've used our Fun Finder to go to Lake Powell, and also made a few visits to Happy Jack AZ.

Had a serious case of food poisoning? No.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? Yes, we were on the wrong floor of the parking garage.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? Yes, I'm often mistaken for someone who gives a crap.

Paid the same bill twice?

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? Yes.
If yes, what do you grow? Cilantro.

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. Brain cramp, there's an app for that.

Thought for the Day:

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. (Doug Larson) He-he, tell me about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 07:09 AM

2,618 posts, read 1,506,387 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 5th 2013. Nothing exciting to report from my little corner of the world, so let’s get straight down to business.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event.

Never sadly.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?

no

Had a serious case of food poisoning?

no

Forgotten where you left your parked car?

yes. Every day

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else?

Yes , And I have done it too

Not yet?

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? No
If yes, what do you grow?

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens.

Have you ever rode a horse before?

Thought for the Day:

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. (Doug Larson)

nice!

Today Is:

Melbourne Cup Day (Australia – “the race that stops the nation” –
Melbourne Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
Guy Fawkes Day (National Gunpowder Day)
Commercial TV Broadcast Day[/quote]

Old 11-05-2013, 07:16 AM

44,390 posts, read 20,116,836 times
Today’s Question:
When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Decades ago. I miss it. Tell us a little about that event.

Extra Credit Question:
Have you ever –
Had a vacation in an RV? No. I'd be interesting in giving it a try, with the right people accompanying me. Could be a lot of fun!
Had a serious case of food poisoning? I had food poisoning once and, though I felt like death, it wasn't a medically serious case. I didn't have to go to the hospital. Just had to ride it out.
Forgotten where you left your parked car? It's been quite a while since it last happened, but there have been a couple/few times I've forgotten where I parked and it took me several minutes to figure it out!
Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? Several times, yes.
Paid the same bill twice? Twice. Coincidentally, just yesterday I received a refund check from a medical care provider for a bill I paid twice.

Bonus Question:
Do you grow any of your own herbs? In the summertime, yes.
If yes, what do you grow? I usually plant some basil in my summer flower garden. I'd like to grow some herbs indoors, but I don't have any space for more plants in the house.

Just for fun:
I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. Do you like chicken soup? If so, have you ever made chicken soup from scratch?

Thought for the Day:
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. (Doug Larson) Haha - good one! And perhaps a good reason to add crumbled bacon to our green beans.

Today Is:
Melbourne Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) Happy Melbourne Cup Day, Kobber!
Guy Fawkes Day (National Gunpowder Day) I remember this from years past. Neat holiday.
Commercial TV Broadcast Day I'm glad we have this because I don't have cable. I only use an antenna to receive TV channels. I hate the thought of having to pay to watch TV, so I hope commercial broadcasts never go away.

Happy Tuesday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-05-2013 at 07:26 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,373,880 times
Default Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event......A very long time ago, went out to a place called the Crystal Palace, it was a long, long time ago.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?.......Yes I have

Had a serious case of food poisoning?.......yes I have

Forgotten where you left your parked car?.....Yes and I plead the 5th

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else?....Once, it was kinda strange.

Paid the same bill twice?.....yes

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs?.....no

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. ....i have no clue.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,324,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 5th 2013. Nothing exciting to report from my little corner of the world, so let’s get straight down to business.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event. To dance. . . it's been decades. Used to be an avid dancer but have married men who do not dance.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? Nope.

Had a serious case of food poisoning? Yes! A few months ago.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? I don't drive but sometimes I do forget where my husband parked.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? Yes!

Paid the same bill twice? Nope.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? This year I grew parsley, and I have a rosemary pot.
If yes, what do you grow?... above...

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. "Is there a celebrity or two that you've been told you look like?"

Thought for the Day:

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. (Doug Larson)... No truer words have ever been spoken.

Today Is:

Melbourne Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
Guy Fawkes Day (National Gunpowder Day)
Commercial TV Broadcast Day
I'm at work ultra-early, so here I am. Kinda' nice to be able to post mid-week. Have a good one!

Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,900,360 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event. - It's been a while... PS - Disco Still Sucks...

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? - I'm not sure where or what RV is... Rio Verde.... Real Vehicle? - Actually, no... Unless you call a commercial airliner an RV...

Had a serious case of food poisoning? - Everytime.. I eat food I cooked.. - Just kidding. I can't remember having any such problem.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? - Every time I park it.. - It's been weeks.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? - I was approached by a police officer who wanted to arrest me.. because I looked like that guy on City Data who always gets in trouble..

Paid the same bill twice? - I've never done that.. But I paid a guy named Bill twice for fixing my truck.. - Just kidding.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? - Hmm.. I think so..
If yes, what do you grow? - I don't know.. if I say yes and mention it, I might get arrested.. - I'm only kidding, again. I don't grow anything.

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. - Okay... How about this: When was the last time somebody asked you a question you couldn't answer? Or.. What are you having/or did you have, for Breakfast this morning? Oh wait, that's a Rainroosty question..

Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 AM

38,980 posts, read 22,984,673 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you went out for the main purpose of dancing - whether at a night club, disco, music fest, ballroom, church hall, school, etc? Tell us a little about that event. Back in the mid 80s at a dance club in L.A. with a group of friends.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV? No.

Had a serious case of food poisoning? I've had a mild case of it. Not very pleasant.

Forgotten where you left your parked car? Yes, in a multi-level parking garage. The security guard on duty was nice enough to have me ride with him in his golf cart and we went through each level until I spotted my car.

Been approached in public by someone who thinks you’re someone else? A few times.

Paid the same bill twice? No, but when I moved back here from Northern California, apparently the phone company had overcharged me (I didn't know it at the time; I just paid the bill) and I had a refund check for the difference sent to me at my current address.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? Yes.
If yes, what do you grow? Right now, basil and rosemary.

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens. What was your first job?

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Old 11-05-2013, 08:27 AM

24,532 posts, read 26,085,445 times
Today’s Question:

Main purpose, probably never.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?
Many times.

Nope

Yep, in a airport parking lot, thought it was stolen.

Nope

Nope

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs?
Yep

Chives, basil and parsley.

Just for fun:

I’m suffering from acute brain cramp and can’t think of a single question to put here. So, please suggest a question I can file away to use next time this happens.
If Sriracha (Rooster sauce) became unavailable, what would you use to spice up your food?

Sriracha lawsuit: Court denies Irwindale request to shutter Huy Fong Foods factory over smell.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,385,570 times
Today’s Question:

20 years ago-the purpose wasn't to dance, but to meet people, though
Wasn't an event, just going out to the clubs in Albany NY to try to socialize (kinda' hard when it's so noisy)

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?
No
Not that I know of
N/A (I've never had a car), but I usually get lost as to where my friend's car is when I'm out with them

Don't think so
Nope

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs?
No, I don't eat greens

Just for fun:

Sorry, can't tip my hand-I have too many Qs I have to come up with on my own
for Monday's QOTD, which is quite hard for me

Thanks for the Qs, Kobber
Hope all y'all are having a nice morning

Old 11-05-2013, 08:44 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,397,006 times
Today’s Question:

About 30 years ago, my brothers and our wives headed down to Gilley's at Houston but changed our minds and instead went to the local Cotton-Eyed Joe's for some two-stepping.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had a vacation in an RV?
If a popup camper is an RV, yes. We owned a Rockwood popup in the 1980s and 1990s and took it into New Mexico, Kentucky, Maryland, western Pennsylvania, Virginia, western New York and West Virginia.

No

Every time I go to Walmart.

Not that I can recall.

Not that I can recall.

Bonus Question:

Do you grow any of your own herbs? No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics