Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 10:23 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,341,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
We are making the rounds of the forumites. Saw Karibear yesterday afternoon. What a cool horse she has and her dogs are sweeties.

Called Redbird to see if we could buy him and Uncle Don dinner but they weren't home. Or refused to take our call ... either one.

Having lunch with Synopsis in Dallas today. Will report back later.
My dogs are spoiled beyond rotten! And they spent hours chewing on those bones, too. Didn't even want to come in for dinner.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:11 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,578,280 times
Quote:
Called Redbird to see if we could buy him and Uncle Don dinner but they weren't home. Or refused to take our call ... either one.
We would have answered the call, but we were on the road as well.

Yesterday was another medical appt day. Don had a dental appt in the morning, then we wound up going to OKC to get Don's glasses. Afterwards we took his orchids in to TLC in Edmond. That is Don's favorite store.

Then we went to eat chinese in Shawnee. On the way home Don got sick. I think it was the sushi.

I never eat sushi. I like the frog legs, egg rolls and all the other stir fried fattening food too much.

Say some prayers for Don, we go to the cancer clinic for test results. I hate going there.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

Say some prayers for Don, we go to the cancer clinic for test results. I hate going there.
He's got them - plus all my fingers and toes crossed, as well.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:06 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,802,904 times
Quote:
We are making the rounds of the forumites. Saw Karibear yesterday afternoon. What a cool horse she has and her dogs are sweeties.

Having lunch with Synopsis in Dallas today. Will report back later.
If y'all are passing through Mustang, give us a ring. I'll dm you our phone number (it's changed since the last time I gave it to you).

Old 09-25-2008, 01:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,470,167 times
Your both in my Prayers.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:51 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,558,231 times
Uncle Don ... your test results better be good or I will come and whup your A$$ personally. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed, like Karibear.

OK .... I hate Synopsis.

Well, nor really but he introduced us to this restaurant called ALi Baba where they serve the most UNBELIEVABLE food. The bastid.

I ate myself in a coma. Goodpasture can't move and is taking a nap and his class starts tonight.

OK ... I am off to write the people at Ali Baba and BEG them to open a restaurant in Tulsa or OKC ....

(btw ... I love Synopsis ..... he is a really sweet and cool guy).

Old 09-25-2008, 05:38 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,578,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
My dogs are spoiled beyond rotten! And they spent hours chewing on those bones, too. Didn't even want to come in for dinner.
Were those some of GP's goat bones?!?? He said he was gittin' tired o' that ol durn billy goat!

Don survived the fickle finger of fate. That makes 9 months being cancer-free. Don said the doctor said all he needs is an invitation to a bar-b-que. He's getting tired of my cooking and Mickey D's. I ate gizzards tonight. They reminded me of goat.

Thank you for the well wishes. Those irish are hard to get rid of, ain't they?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:07 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,979,763 times
Quote:
We would have answered the call, but we were on the road as well.

Yesterday was another medical appt day. Don had a dental appt in the morning, then we wound up going to OKC to get Don's glasses. Afterwards we took his orchids in to TLC in Edmond. That is Don's favorite store.

Then we went to eat chinese in Shawnee. On the way home Don got sick. I think it was the sushi.

I never eat sushi. I like the frog legs, egg rolls and all the other stir fried fattening food too much.

Prayers on the way Redbird. Think positive and I'll be thinking of you and Don.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Were those some of GP's goat bones?!?? He said he was gittin' tired o' that ol durn billy goat!

Don survived the fickle finger of fate. That makes 9 months being cancer-free. Don said the doctor said all he needs is an invitation to a bar-b-que. He's getting tired of my cooking and Mickey D's. I ate gizzards tonight. They reminded me of goat.

Thank you for the well wishes. Those irish are hard to get rid of, ain't they?
Tell Don I said congratulations, and to keep it up.

No goat bones, big honkin' beef soup bones. I still had 2 in the freezer today, so I gave the small one to Paddy, and cracked the other one in half for Xena and Tommy. He's still working on it, at least 6 hours later - I had to drag him inside in the middle of the afternoon so he could get a drink!

Irish have looong memories. They never forget a friend or an enemy.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:11 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,979,763 times
Quote:
Uncle Don ... your test results better be good or I will come and whup your A$$ personally. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed, like Karibear.

OK .... I hate Synopsis.

Well, nor really but he introduced us to this restaurant called ALi Baba where they serve the most UNBELIEVABLE food. The bastid.

I ate myself in a coma. Goodpasture can't move and is taking a nap and his class starts tonight.

OK ... I am off to write the people at Ali Baba and BEG them to open a restaurant in Tulsa or OKC ....

(btw ... I love Synopsis ..... he is a really sweet and cool guy).
You're very sweet Schousse, and both you and GP are very generous folks. I would have eaten myself into a coma too if I didn't have to go back to work. That is one of the best restaurants in which I've ever eaten, especially for the price.

I really enjoyed our lunch today as well. Ali Baba is really one fantastic restaurant and it's not expensive either. The best quality beef, lamb, chicken, vegetables, hummus, and about a million other things in a buffet that costs about 10 bucks! And to boot, Shousse and GP bought me lunch!

If any of you ever come down to the DFW area, you have to stop by Ali Baba's their buffet is served from 11-3 every day except Saturday. It's a must visit place and I DO hope they open such a place in OkC or Tulsa.

http://www.alibabacafe.com/

Schousse, you and Greg are excellent company. I felt like I was visiting with old friends and really look forward to the next time we can get together.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma