Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 09:56 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I'd like to tell that to my husband. We have or he has many large piles of brush to burn and screams everyday because so far I have not let him burn.
Our pasture has red cedar in it. I would not mind burning those off. I would feel really guilty if I started a fire that went into the neighbors pasture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 07:21 PM

A chance of snow next week? Alright, rocky! You rock!

Old 02-11-2015, 09:17 PM

653 posts, read 1,786,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
A chance of snow next week? Alright, rocky! You rock!
Redbird.. you, myself and other lovers of snow and cold MAY get our fix next week. First chance is from Monday evening thru Tuesday; this may be more of a sleet/freezing rain mixture but if the cold air is deep enough, maybe a "skiff" of snow may be in the offing. The following weekend (Feb. 15 or so) could be more interesting with a deeper arctic air mass that if it interacts with a possible storm system, may pose a threat for possibly several inches of that beautiful white stuff. Still, lots to sort out with timing and strength of the system.. if it does indeed materialize.

I am now very confident (75% chance) that starting next Monday and lasting through at least the first week of March.. a period of moderately below normal temps. and at least two to three episodes of winter precip. will occur somewhere within the state. This period though will be punctuated by brief warm up's well into the 50's that won't last more than a couple of days, especially across the northeastern half of the state.

So starts the grand finale to our winter! Stay warm and safe friends! And you especially Redbird!

Old 02-12-2015, 06:14 AM

I won't put my mukluks away judt yet!

Old 02-13-2015, 01:12 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
Redbird.. you, myself and other lovers of snow and cold MAY get our fix next week. First chance is from Monday evening thru Tuesday; this may be more of a sleet/freezing rain mixture but if the cold air is deep enough, maybe a "skiff" of snow may be in the offing. The following weekend (Feb. 15 or so) could be more interesting with a deeper arctic air mass that if it interacts with a possible storm system, may pose a threat for possibly several inches of that beautiful white stuff. Still, lots to sort out with timing and strength of the system.. if it does indeed materialize.

I am now very confident (75% chance) that starting next Monday and lasting through at least the first week of March.. a period of moderately below normal temps. and at least two to three episodes of winter precip. will occur somewhere within the state. This period though will be punctuated by brief warm up's well into the 50's that won't last more than a couple of days, especially across the northeastern half of the state.

So starts the grand finale to our winter! Stay warm and safe friends! And you especially Redbird!
Time for another slow boil pot roast for dinner! There are good things about cold weather.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:44 PM

143 posts, read 193,013 times
Yuck, not a fan of the cold weather and snow.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Time for another slow boil pot roast for dinner! There are good things about cold weather.
You got that right. I love crock pot meals! Makes the house smell good all day.

OK winters are nothing compared to the northern and northeastern states. And they are expecting more snow.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahomagirl74 View Post
Yuck, not a fan of the cold weather and snow.
Don't worry, pretty soon we will be having a heat wave with all the skeeters and ticks, and bugs. I am pleased as punch because I am retired. Yee haw!

Old 02-25-2015, 02:32 PM

I've come to see snow storm as rather peaceful. Go shopping before, make sure the four legged family has food, and stay warm and do something interesting. Me, I'm a serial stitcher so I got out all my yarn and the new package of needles. This one goes in the window of the storm door which is TOO BIG so it has to be perfect.

The I realized that sometime after I'd been to the store and before trash got put together the cell phone went into hiding. Still looking....

Old 02-25-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
You got that right. I love crock pot meals! Makes the house smell good all day.

OK winters are nothing compared to the northern and northeastern states. And they are expecting more snow.
You couldn't pay me to move to a place like Minnesota or anywhere you get multiple feet of snow and it shuts down stuff like your power. Coming from socal, however, this weather doesn't feel too 'mild'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma