Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,225,965 times

Advertisements

Tornadoes hit Moore and Sand Springs which unfortunately damage and 1 death has been reported.

http://www.weather.com/storms/severe...-texas-impacts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 09:44 AM

653 posts, read 1,793,482 times
A brief post of which I'll add more when time permits, I'm seeing some potential changes in the upcoming weather pattern that may put us in a rather volatile period for active weather commencing around the following weekend and may last for a period of a few weeks. All modes of severe weather can be expected including tornadoes and damaging hail most anywhere in the state with the exception of the central and western OK. panhandle. Obviously, not every day will you need to reside in your storm shelters, but all the long range models are hinting that April could be pretty rambunctious with every 4 to 7 days during that period featuring some weather that may be a good alternative to a cup of coffee . More to come soon.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:38 PM

7,900 posts, read 11,463,735 times
Ricky does this include north central Texas as well? Specifically DFW area?

Old 03-29-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Ricky does this include north central Texas as well? Specifically DFW area?
As of the latest data, Dallas looks to be on the western side of where storminess could be a concern. Long range models differ considerably with strength and timing of systems. One model has Easter Sunday being thundery down the I-35 corridor from OKC to DFW while others have us dry and cool for Easter. I'm also now watching a trend of a large high pressure area developing over Mexico which may infuse dry air in the mid levels of the atmosphere starting around the following week. This would throw a monkey wrench into my aforementioned prediction for a stormy month to come for the southern plains. This would instead put the active weather further east, say from Tulsa to Longview TX on east. Not sure yet if I'm buying into those model solutions yet.

Either way, most of the country north of I-20 from TX. northward and at least from I-35 on east still will have some episodes of severe weather starting early the following week. In the shorter term, Tuesday and Wednesday this week could feature some thunderstorms across our region but nothing I see stands out as being anything extraordinary.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:19 AM

Thanks. Where do you find these models? Are they available on the internet to all or are they limited proprietary models?

Old 03-30-2015, 02:03 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,324,769 times
Do you see the Stillwater/Cushing area with a lot of storms?

Old 03-30-2015, 03:15 PM

34,263 posts, read 20,591,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
In the shorter term, Tuesday and Wednesday this week could feature some thunderstorms across our region but nothing I see stands out as being anything extraordinary.
Love the stormy weather! Thanks, rocky! A cool down for Easter, too.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Thanks. Where do you find these models? Are they available on the internet to all or are they limited proprietary models?
This is one of the best free sites on the net. Having a basic meteorology background would be helpful. Any questions, PM me or post under this thread. Mind you, I'm not on here everyday, but I'll check back as often as I can. Thanks for the interest.

COD Meteorology -- Numerical Model Data

Old 04-01-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
This is one of the best free sites on the net. Having a basic meteorology background would be helpful. Any questions, PM me or post under this thread. Mind you, I'm not on here everyday, but I'll check back as often as I can. Thanks for the interest.

COD Meteorology -- Numerical Model Data
Thanks I'm a chemical engineer where flows of liquids and gas phases are studied but am amateur weather enthusiast. Thanks for the link. Let me play around with it to see how I access local DFW weather per models. I use weather underground for the private weather stations located near my specific neighborhood. I don't know which model they use for forecasts but I see the forecast change pretty frequently on WU.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:53 AM

241 posts, read 224,827 times
Moore is always hit........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma