Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2019, 08:21 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,032,890 times

Advertisements

"Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV), based in Washington state, announced in September its intention to split into two separate companies – and it now appears one of the newly-created, publicly-traded entities will be headquartered in the Triangle."

"In a September press release, the company said it would split into two new firms – Fortive, an industrial technology company with a “differentiated portfolio of growth-oriented businesses” and NewCo, a global industrial company “focused on growth opportunities in the rapidly evolving transportation and mobility markets.”

NewCo, expected to have $2.8 billion in revenue, is the entity planned for the Triangle."

They supposedly have a location picked out for this new HQ which I would imagine is in RTP.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle..._news_headline

Old 10-28-2019, 09:53 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Some more details about the Nexus Plaza, which is going in the old N&O space downtown. Pretty good density and the perfect height, I like it. Hoping for some good ground level retail. The article hints at a restaurant and grocery store which sounds good to me.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...opment-in.html

It's awesome. My prediction of a short and broad skyline for Raleigh continues that will be more human-scaled and understated is the perfect expression of Raleigh is all about.

Let Charlotte be the tall NC metropolis, and let Raleigh reflect the brainy, intellectual nucleus of NC.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
It's awesome. My prediction of a short and broad skyline for Raleigh continues that will be more human-scaled and understated is the perfect expression of Raleigh is all about.

Let Charlotte be the tall NC metropolis, and let Raleigh reflect the brainy, intellectual nucleus of NC.
Why can't you help yourself??

Old 10-29-2019, 08:39 AM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post

What will the Wilmington downtown be in your mind? It is beginning to look like a 2 mile long bridge to bridge distinct skyline filled with steeples and historic buildings on one end and modern waterfront hotels, residential, and office and institutional on the other end with the 1940's era Battleship overlooking it.

I've had trouble thinking about another downtown, even riverfront downtown that looks like it.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:08 AM

4,586 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Quote:
PITTSBORO – Developers showcased on Tuesday morning a 136-acre development worth $350 million just north of Pittsboro that they say will serve as the “commercial gateway” to the massive Chatham Park development.

Named “Mosaic,” the project is the brainchild of Eco Group, which is a collaboration between business owners Kirk Bradley of Sanford-based Lee-Moore Capital Company and John Fugo of Durham-based Montgomery Carolina LLC. Construction began in August.

In addition to a hotel and residential units, the complex will include what the developers call “technical and creative” office space.

https://www.wraltechwire.com/2019/10...-chatham-park/

Old 10-29-2019, 10:23 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
It reeks of insecurity.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:46 AM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It reeks of insecurity.
Hmmm. Other than the brainy nucleus bit, what did he say that reeks so much of insecurity? Ubless that specifically is what you were talking about, because I and many others don't disagree with the opinion that Raleigh's height is great as-is. We don't need no 60 floor tower here, it wouldn't fit and wouldn't look good.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Hmmm. Other than the brainy nucleus bit, what did he say that reeks so much of insecurity? Ubless that specifically is what you were talking about, because I and many others don't disagree with the opinion that Raleigh's height is great as-is. We don't need no 60 floor tower here, it wouldn't fit and wouldn't look good.
He does it to troll for one. Architect77, for whatever reason, is obsessed with the Charlotte vs Raleigh comparison. The thread has overall been very civil lately with all that. But if that pointless discussion is going to get triggered, Architect is now a front runner for doing it.

But besides that, his remarks are kind of insult to both cities. He typically uses Charlotte having a lot of skyscrapers to disparage it as over compensating I guess?? "Trying" to be a big city. But Raleigh isn't and is happy being a big town LOL and shouldn't have tall buildings because we're too cool for that and too brainy and too organic and understated. Alright, so what happens when the demand is there for more skyscrapers in DTR? There's already multiple 400+footers on the table currently. Does that mean we're not as brainy anymore because we have to go tall like every other growing city?? Most of the comments don't even make sense. Rarely are his opinions about what's going on here and how the city is growing (especially when comparing it with Charlotte) actually in line with what's happening.

Last edited by Trent Y; 10-29-2019 at 12:01 PM..

Old 10-29-2019, 11:46 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times
Ally Tower

Photo by HJKburg

STREET CAR tRADE sTREET Construction

Photo by XRZ.ME

Honeywell HQ Construction

Photo by HJKburg

Providence Road Aopartments at Strawberry Hill

Photo by HJKburg

Ellis Aparments

[URL=http://s64.photobucket.com/user/wblangston/media/Construction/Ells_zpsnld4qxzd.jpg.html]
Photo by CTaylorD013

Jonas Courthouse expanstion

Photo by HJKburg

Duke Metro Tower Fountaion work - (bed rock )

Photo by MadisonPerkitect

500 West Trade Apartments

Photo by JaisonD03

Last edited by CLT1985; 10-29-2019 at 12:00 PM..

Old 10-29-2019, 02:00 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Quote:
He does it to troll for one. Architect77, for whatever reason, is obsessed with the Charlotte vs Raleigh comparison. The thread has overall been very civil lately with all that. But if that pointless discussion is going to get triggered, Architect is now a front runner for doing it.

But besides that, his remarks are kind of insult to both cities. He typically uses Charlotte having a lot of skyscrapers to disparage it as over compensating I guess?? "Trying" to be a big city. But Raleigh isn't and is happy being a big town LOL and shouldn't have tall buildings because we're too cool for that and too brainy and too organic and understated. Alright, so what happens when the demand is there for more skyscrapers in DTR? There's already multiple 400+footers on the table currently. Does that mean we're not as brainy anymore because we have to go tall like every other growing city?? Most of the comments don't even make sense. Rarely are his opinions about what's going on here and how the city is growing (especially when comparing it with Charlotte) actually in line with what's happening.

I've never known the size of buildings to determine the intellect of the city, lol.

On topic, the Mosaic development looks great. It looks like it should be in a close-in suburb of a major MSA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina