Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 04:06 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times

Advertisements

https://jocoreport.com/council-appro...r-subdivision/

Quote:
In a unanimous vote, the Smithfield Town Council approved a request by developers of the new East River subdivision on Buffalo Road just north of Booker Dairy Road. The council approved the first phase of the subdivision which includes development of 25.5 acres out of the 67.8 acre site. A total of 40 single family homes will be built in the first phase.

Once fully constructed, East River will include nine phases and 281 single family residential lots. Electric, water and sewer service will be provided by the Town of Smithfield. The site was annexed by the Town this summer.

Before voting to approve the project, Councilman David Barbour questioned Planning Director Stephen Wensman about an overflow parking requirement. Barbour said he wanted to be clear the language in the preliminary plat conditions for the first phase and additional phases was clear that overflow parking would be properly addressed. Wensman said the preliminary plat conditions cover the overflow parking requirements.

The property is owned by Sam’s Branch of Clayton and is being developed by Reid Smith.

Old 10-15-2019, 04:58 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Any chance they will redesign those buildings? They look hideous in my opinion
Yeah, there is something really "off" about them.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:08 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,898,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Don't think this was posted..

Merge Capital/Five Horizons are working on developing a roughly 9 acre triangular parcel off S. Saunders heading into downtown.

LOHA: Lorcan O'Herlihy Architects
I think they look pretty cool. I especially like the one in the bottom pic. I do think I would like the style more of it were mixed in with downtown instead of being on its own. That is a pretty good location, but it does have the potential to be kind of an island.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:45 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Any chance they will redesign those buildings? They look hideous in my opinion
Well until they are actually built, sure there's a good chance the design will change. LOHA is no amateur design group but obviously styles are subjective as is displayed by the mixed response to the renderings. I'm not in love with it, but like it. It's very unique though for Raleigh. Even for the south in general in my opinion.

@po-boy
This is a good location short term and likely a golden location long-term. It's very close to Dix Park and is a main artery for BRT. Western Blvd is the biggest hinderance for it's walkability to downtown, but those neighborhoods in between are already getting more dense and built up. The connectivity to the warehouse district will flow nicely in the next decade+ I would imagine. Assuming it gets built as planned.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:23 AM

511 posts, read 511,067 times
I like how they look. Looks like something you'd see in Australia.

Old 10-16-2019, 03:11 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,148,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Well until they are actually built, sure there's a good chance the design will change. LOHA is no amateur design group but obviously styles are subjective as is displayed by the mixed response to the renderings. I'm not in love with it, but like it. It's very unique though for Raleigh. Even for the south in general in my opinion.

Divided opinions are great. Beats having more mundane 5 floor stick built block fillers.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:05 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
https://www.wect.com/resizer/1H6E2fs...CR6IVROJEE.PNG

Wilmington City Council has authorized staff to enter into an agreement with East West Partners in connection with the proposed $90 million Gateway project, which would include an 8 story hotel, 6 story office building and Housing complex with a 31K square foot grocery store, downtown Wilmington's first downtown grocery store.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:28 AM

459 posts, read 373,532 times
Raleigh's startup Pendo is now a $1 billion unicorn. They will occupy the Pendo Tower in Downtown Raleigh when it finishes construction in 2021.

"RALEIGH, NC—OCTOBER 17, 2019—Pendo.io, the product cloud company, today announced it raised $100 million in Series E funding to help companies become product led. Sapphire Ventures led the round, with participation from new investors General Atlantic and Tiger Global, along with existing investors Battery Ventures, Meritech Capital, FirstMark, Geodesic Capital, and Cross Creek. Pendo has now raised $206 million and will use the new funds to accelerate global expansion and drive product development to meet the growing demand for software that makes digital products easier to use. The company’s valuation is now $1 billion."

https://www.pendo.io/news/pendo-rais...e-product-led/

Old 10-17-2019, 12:37 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Live look at the River Place project in Wilmington which has topped out, the last floor level of residential on the lower water side is being finished...

Downtown Wilmington - Skyline - Surfchex

Old 10-17-2019, 09:11 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts Greensboro

The count down rings of light on the ceiling above the seating.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.