Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 10:19 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,994 times

Advertisements

These plans are very preliminary but some early renderings of the other 40 story tower being proposed across Capital Blvd were presented last night at the CAC meeting. This isn't as far a long in the rezoning process as Kane's tower but they have stated they would be looking for a tenant to lease at least 50% of the building before they started. Thought it was interesting that they stated they would not need outside capital to fund the project.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:57 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
This looks amazing! S9 Architecture out of NYC is doing the design.
500 K mixed use, including:
230 K office
170 K residential
40 K retail

Plans aren't finalized but a multi use Performing Arts Theater could be included.

*Sorry drrckmatthews didn't see your second thumbnail detailing the project.

This looks good

Old 07-10-2019, 12:09 PM

678 posts, read 738,350 times
Is hotel space included? Downtown Raleigh really needs more hotel space

Old 07-10-2019, 12:16 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
Is hotel space included? Downtown Raleigh really needs more hotel space
In what?

Old 07-10-2019, 01:21 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,107 times
This is how Charlotte Douglas International Airport will look like around 2035
By 2033 CLT will have 164 gate positions.

Photo by CLT

Last edited by CLT1985; 07-10-2019 at 01:40 PM..

Old 07-10-2019, 01:48 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,107 times
If a Major League Soccer team comes to Charlotte, there are at least 60 companies willing to spend $100,000 annually to buy luxury suites, Carolina Panthers executives told the Charlotte Business Journal this week. The pledges for suites would dwarf many existing teams in the league, whose soccer-specific stadiums typically have a total of 30 luxury boxes.

Tom Glick, Panthers president, and Joe LaBue, vice president of ticket sales and services, said the NFL team has spent recent months conducting corporate and fan surveys to better gauge interest in an MLS team.

“We’ve been looking at interest in supporting a new Major League Soccer club and the news is extraordinary,” Glick said. “We have 60 letters of intent for annual commitments for suites just for soccer. And I think what’s important about that is we haven’t gone to the market yet. We’ve really just been speaking to the folks who are already here.”

There are 151 luxury suites at Bank of America Stadium.

In addition to corporate interest, Glick predicted season ticket sales in the range of 30,000 for a Charlotte MLS team. There are no intent letters, ticket deposits or commitments for season tickets.

Panthers owner David Tepper has said for more than a year that he is interested in adding an expansion soccer club to his sports portfolio and having the team play at the Panthers’ 75,000-seat stadium in uptown. Tepper paid $2.275 billion last summer to buy the NFL team from founder Jerry Richardson.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott..._news_headline

Old 07-10-2019, 03:27 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,939,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post

Photo by CLT
I wish they could prevent the red clay dirt from being visible around CLT runways.

I wonder why grass can't cover it up.

And don't say it's due to construction because the red clay has been visible for the last 10 years.

Maybe y'all don't mind it, but I associated it with rural surroundings, and I don't want millions of fliers associating it to NC.

And while I like the presence of the national guard building at CLT I wish the signage letters were a tiny bit more refined looking.

I like the basic Helvetica font, but something about these channel letters seems not quite right.

I wish airports could afford to be completely rebuilt rather than expanded in bits and pieces.

Ideally a new huge airport for CLT would be one long concourse with a fast moving sidewalk. The objective is long sight distances so that its obvious where to find your gate.

Straight lines are easiest for people to understsand, and the concourses like fingers poking out in all directions or semi circles like Dallas are the most confusing.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
These plans are very preliminary but some early renderings of the other 40 story tower being proposed across Capital Blvd were presented last night at the CAC meeting. This isn't as far a long in the rezoning process as Kane's tower but they have stated they would be looking for a tenant to lease at least 50% of the building before they started. Thought it was interesting that they stated they would not need outside capital to fund the project.

I'll take any 40 story building for Raleigh, but the exterior has a tad bit of too much going on.

1) The flare at the top
2) The curve on the South Elevation
3) the different masses at the base
4) At least 3 different curtain wall systems (exterior glass)

I would either not change the exterior glass so much or not separate the volumes so much.

Doing both weakens the overall statement. You don't know what to focus on as the main gist of the building.

The glass variation? The different volumes of the boxes? Or just the curve on the South side?

I'm speaking generally and maybe the boxy volumes aren't enough to be the gist of the building.

A similar building was just completed across the street from me in Atlanta:

881 by Stephen Edwards, on Flickr

Old 07-10-2019, 04:02 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
I wish they could prevent the red clay dirt from being visible around CLT runways.

I wonder why grass can't cover it up.

And don't say it's due to construction because the red clay has been visible for the last 10 years.

Maybe y'all don't mind it, but I associated it with rural surroundings, and I don't want millions of fliers associating it to NC.

And while I like the presence of the national guard building at CLT I wish the signage letters were a tiny bit more refined looking.

I like the basic Helvetica font, but something about these channel letters seems not quite right.

I wish airports could afford to be completely rebuilt rather than expanded in bits and pieces.

Ideally a new huge airport for CLT would be one long concourse with a fast moving sidewalk. The objective is long sight distances so that its obvious where to find your gate.

Straight lines are easiest for people to understsand, and the concourses like fingers poking out in all directions or semi circles like Dallas are the most confusing.

You’re worried about the on of the busiest airports in the world seeming rural because there is red clay somewhere? I’ve never noticed the red clay but Whatever. North Carolina will survive.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post

Photo by CLT
Atlanta's airport now is postponing some of its future expansion plans for whatever new projections about the industry has.

But here, to keep the overall picture of NC balanced, is a 3-4 year old video about RDU's expansion plan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPmxEug3mrk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.