Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2019, 06:54 PM

37,888 posts, read 41,990,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
Raleigh doesn't aspire to be anything more than it is right now.
This is obviously not true, and that's a good thing as it would mean that Raleigh is a complacent city which is certainly is not.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:57 PM

37,888 posts, read 41,990,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
When I look at the compactness (and smallness) of Downtown Raleigh, it appears far more dense than Charlotte

When I drive through uptown the tall buildings seem very spaced apart, and I wonder if you can walk from one side to the other easily within a reasonable amount of time.
This is ridiculous as the tallest buildings Uptown are currently clustered along the Tryon and College street corridors. Why would you make a claim that's so easily disprovable?

Old 06-30-2019, 07:13 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,441,554 times
I pull for all cities , towns and Villages in North Carolina. Not a one is like each other. Some are doing great and some not so good. Of all the cities and town in NC over 100,00 are doing well. Guess what not one of these cities are developed in the same way. So trying to compare these cities and towns to each other is not we can do in a fair way.

It is not fair to compare Charlotte & Raleigh or Raleigh to Durham to Greensboro and so on.

It best to just post what is being develop in a city and not all development between each city is equal.

I like for poster to share what is going on in there city.

I do not think a poster on this site and tell us what a city will look like in 50 years,

Old 06-30-2019, 08:07 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,518,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Hmm, I didn't realize there was a statute of limitations. Anyway here's a gem from last year:

"Charlotte finally made it to the big time. A top ranking you can be ashamed of!! Charlotte's crime rates not looking positive. But at least you have a beautiful skyline!!
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article199620439.html"

That’s your example? You went back to February 2018 in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT THREAD to find that example! Because I posted
That’s rich,who’s trolling who?

Old 07-01-2019, 04:33 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,645,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
That’s your example? You went back to February 2018 in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT THREAD to find that example! Because I posted
That’s rich,who’s trolling who?
Dates and threads don't matter, what you post does. You know full well you love to poke Charlotte and talk about how much better Raleigh is, etc., etc. Denying it is just ridiculous. As is giving a thumbs up to someone who says you shouldn't do it.

Last edited by Edward Teach; 07-01-2019 at 05:38 AM..

Old 07-01-2019, 05:05 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,518,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Wrong, it was THIS THREAD. And you know full well you love to poke Charlotte and talk about how much better Raleigh is, etc., etc. Denying it is just ridiculous.
Click image for larger version

Name:	26242405-CDA5-427E-BEFE-9899BBC05513.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	212342

Old 07-01-2019, 05:11 AM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,730,738 times
Some of ya'll need real life hobbies. The amount of jackassery in this one thread is laughable at times.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:10 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Progress on Project Slugger office tower in downtown Greensboro

As you’re the most prominent poster in The Triad, I thought you might find joy that in the July 2019 edition of American Way, found on American Airlines, there is a glowing profile of Greensboro, Winston and High Point downtown revitalization, efforts to attract large industrial companies and growth overall. Also, it has mentions and renderings of both Project Slugger and Carroll’s new office tower in Downtown Greensboro. I wouldn’t know about either project if not for this thread and your contributions GSO, so thanks and great to hear so much happening in The Triad!

Old 07-01-2019, 07:00 AM

6,160 posts, read 7,229,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
As you’re the most prominent poster in The Triad, I thought you might find joy that in the July 2019 edition of American Way, found on American Airlines, there is a glowing profile of Greensboro, Winston and High Point downtown revitalization, efforts to attract large industrial companies and growth overall. Also, it has mentions and renderings of both Project Slugger and Carroll’s new office tower in Downtown Greensboro. I wouldn’t know about either project if not for this thread and your contributions GSO, so thanks and great to hear so much happening in The Triad!
Wow that's great! Thanks for the find. Speaking of downtown Greensboro projects, construction has reached the 5th floor (two to go) on the Hampton Inn and Suites

Recent photos of the Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts. The parking lot is paved. I'm not a fan of all the surface lot but I understand the premium parking is part of the payment structure for the facility. Hopefully one day it will be replaced with development. There will still be enough parking with the 8 story Bellemeade parking deck located diagonally across the street.

The center will have some interesting features.

- “Schiffman’s Ring of Light,” named for the owners of Schiffman’s Jewelers, will be suspended over the seating area.
It will consist of 60 LED pieces, each measuring 3 feet by 12 feet. Among other functions, it will provide a timed countdown to the start of every performance.

- The venue will feature the Meyer Sound Constellation electronic acoustic enhancement system.
It combines electro-acoustic technology with the physical architecture to provide natural-sounding acoustics.

- the two-story, 8,000-square-foot, porcelain-floored lobby called Phillips Hall, will feature a massive piece of art made by an internationally known artist.

- The third floor will hold four pre-function spaces, including the Koury Ballroom and an outdoor terrace overlooking LeBauer Park.

- There will be a large wrap-around outdoor marquee spanning one corner which will give it a NY Times Square feel.

- One of two interior art gallery spaces runs along the building’s North Elm Street side. Floor-to-ceiling glass there will enable passers-by to look in.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 07-01-2019 at 07:12 AM..

Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,441,554 times
Greensboro is growing up and looking nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina