Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:49 AM

1,890 posts, read 3,123,497 times

Advertisements

Are there any stations/routes where you can be somewhat confident you will not encounter rats on the platform? I've been frightened every time I've ridden your filthy subway system, but, at least in part to keeping my head down and not looking at the tracks, I haven't seen any rats yet. Of course, that's only been two round trips (4 rides total)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 09:13 AM

119 posts, read 339,948 times
There was one train station that was the scariest thing i've encountered. It was in East Harlem and was like near a bridge or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about? This happened a few years back when i was lost.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 AM

916 posts, read 2,250,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Boy View Post
There was one train station that was the scariest thing i've encountered. It was in East Harlem and was like near a bridge or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about? This happened a few years back when i was lost.
/Thread right here! Can some informative poster pinpoint which train station Lost_Boy was
talking about? If this guy is scarred for life after encountered with the East Harlem train
station, still lost at life, using Lost_Boy as forum ID, it's got to be the scariest station of
them all.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
/Thread right here! Can some informative poster pinpoint which train station Lost_Boy was
talking about? If this guy is scarred for life after encountered with the East Harlem train
station, still lost at life, using Lost_Boy as forum ID, it's got to be the scariest station of
them all.
Hug me.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 AM

916 posts, read 2,250,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Boy View Post
Hug me.
Sorry man, I feel sorry about your terrible experience with the East Harlem train station.
But I only give out my precious hugs to Lost Girls only.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
Sorry man, I feel sorry about your terrible experience with the East Harlem train station.
But I only give out my precious hugs to Lost Girls only.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:45 PM

6 posts, read 8,231 times
I take the L (often to the very end, even late at night) and it IS scary, but I've gotten used to it. Usually my face is buried in a Kindle or I talk on the phone and appear confident wherever I go.

Also, where are you guys seeing these giant rats? Are you sure you're not coming home late at night wasted and just seeing things exaggerated??

Old 06-18-2012, 01:50 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,172,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLemonade7 View Post
I take the L (often to the very end, even late at night) and it IS scary, but I've gotten used to it. Usually my face is buried in a Kindle or I talk on the phone and appear confident wherever I go.

Also, where are you guys seeing these giant rats? Are you sure you're not coming home late at night wasted and just seeing things exaggerated??
I only saw those multiple big rats at the station in my post. I see them in the tracks daily, And just average size. The ones in the Morgan ave (L) line station were so big and so many I was afraid they were going to rob me. I was not wasted. Had only a Pepsi, Just one Pepsi.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,744,516 times
I might guess that several of the stations on the 6 line in The Bronx between 138th/3rd Avenue and Whitlock Ave could be pretty intimidating, esp at night

Old 06-19-2012, 07:39 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,662,927 times
A bit off-topic, but I thought I'd use a subway related thread to let everyone know about a job opportunity that doesn't come along too often...

September 5-25 will be the filing period for the Staten Island Railroad Conductor Exam. (Check in at mta.info | Home Page for updates).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City