Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:09 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,311 times

Advertisements

Any place that has a history of criminal activity or is not populated tends to be pugly looking.
I have seen, all kinds of various criminal activities.

Downtown brooklyn, area on the news a fireman was walking home with his date, and they insulted her, so he told them off, then they attacked him and his date, and pushed him down a stairwell.

Honeslty people only mess with people when they look like they have money. That is basically any well dressed American.

On the B trainline I see an old school biker guy, bummish going on about his sexuality and not being gay. That was scary enough.

Most of the youthfull ones probably joined the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 08:21 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Default Morgan ave.

Brooklyn on the L line. BIG Rats, And that street at night above was desolate. The station itself brought to mind the subway fight in "The Matrix."

Old 06-17-2012, 10:53 AM

545 posts, read 908,616 times
What is it with rats taking over the subway?? I was coming home late last night, really tired and somewhat tipsy making sure I was full alert in case of trouble, not from humankind...but rats, EEKKK!

Old 06-17-2012, 11:54 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
What is it with rats taking over the subway?? I was coming home late last night, really tired and somewhat tipsy making sure I was full alert in case of trouble, not from humankind...but rats, EEKKK!
By estimates there are 2 Rats for every resident. The subways have many people eating and leaving trash behind. The rodents are certainly intelligent enough to know where the food is. As they are around people more and more they get less afraid and more brazen. The Morgan Ave stop had tehm all over the platform, running into the holes in the walls. I counted 6.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:31 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
I'm an 80s baby. No train line bothers me. If I gotta go there then I gotta go. Thats it.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-17-2012, 01:35 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modsquad81 View Post
Actually the scariest train ride is the No. 4 going south from Grand Central to Union Square. I remember taking that train maybe a month or so after that horrific accident in August of 91 and realizing after passing through the 33rd street station that the train was doing at least 30 or 40 MPH. I think it's the only time I made eye contact with someone on the subway. We were both wide eyed and thinking the same thing, I hope this ******* remembers the sharp bend coming into Union Square and hits the breaks!
THIS!

Really, most subway stations aren't as scary anymore in the sense of being crime-ridden. In that sense, the worst, to me is 155th St. (C). I don't even like it in the daytime and it just leads up to underneath the bridges that go to Yankee Stadium. Oh how could I forget, that long-ass tunnel on 191st St. (1).

As far as actual stations go, the scariest, to me, was always Roosevelt Island. That whole place just feels like another dimension and, it feels like it goes so far down you are looking up at Satan when you get to the actual platform. Long-ass escalator.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:52 PM

255 posts, read 475,797 times
If you find any of our stations scary, you must not be from here lol

Old 06-18-2012, 05:30 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTA1992 View Post
If you find any of our stations scary, you must not be from here lol
Exactly! I find it much scarier to try and cross a main street; you never really know if some genius in a car is going to observe a red light. (And I speak from experience, having been hit by a car while crossing Ocean Parkway with the light in my favor).

Old 06-18-2012, 07:42 AM

6 posts, read 12,469 times
SAFE? subway system? Have you not heard of the many Iphone/Ipad snatchings? The constant gropings?
People bieng pushed off the trains? I take the bus as much as I can.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 AM

1,882 posts, read 3,110,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Rats on steriods you havent seen nothing yet. 3 avenue 138 street in the Bronx rats in that subway are massive they are the size of cats and roll like a pack of wolves. These Rats known to hope on the train and ride with passengers. I remember when one rat chased a hipster up and down the platform. Haha welcome to the Bronx!
Yup, NYC ain't for everybody! And you people probably think any big city deals with such problems lol #getoutandseetheworld
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City