Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:34 PM

838 posts, read 1,212,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBoy1212 View Post
.. looking at you in amazement at how stylish everybody is or in awe at the fact you live here, have no common sense (or maybe thats because they are not use to the vibe of NYC, I took a double decker tour bus to feel the experience and my friend and i were the only NYers and the guy who was doing the tour told everybody and they were cheering.), I visited the top of the rock almost everybody had an accent or spoke a different language, and last but not least everywhere you go "how do i get here?"
Dude that is a crock of ****. I have NEVER looked in amazement at ANYONE here or the fact that they live here. Are some people interesting? Of course...but any new place that people go, the people are different and interesting and they are going to observe them. I'm not sure what kind of tour bus you were on where they would actually cheer for you....for what? And your comment about visiting the top of the rock..and everyone having different accents ....WELL...from what I have noticed about NYC is that half of the people don't even speak english or speak it that well...soooo...this is new to you how????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 09:47 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,080,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
Dude that is a crock of ****. I have NEVER looked in amazement at ANYONE here or the fact that they live here. Are some people interesting? Of course...but any new place that people go, the people are different and interesting and they are going to observe them. I'm not sure what kind of tour bus you were on where they would actually cheer for you....for what? And your comment about visiting the top of the rock..and everyone having different accents ....WELL...from what I have noticed about NYC is that half of the people don't even speak english or speak it that well...soooo...this is new to you how????
Everybody has their own experiences sweetie. Many people live in areas where they're not used to people being different or not speaking english or whatever. I think some of our spanish girls, at least some of the ones I know, are very unique looking and styled. Some areas just have one type of people and they can potentially dress extremely dull. Take for example where my mother lives in CT. Dullsville. No make-up, hair from the 90's, down stated clothing and ZERO sex appeal. So never know where someone comes from that they might be a bit shocked or awed by New Yorkers.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Everybody has their own experiences sweetie. Many people live in areas where they're not used to people being different or not speaking english or whatever. I think some of our spanish girls, at least some of the ones I know, are very unique looking and styled. Some areas just have one type of people and they can potentially dress extremely dull. Take for example where my mother lives in CT. Dullsville. No make-up, hair from the 90's, down stated clothing and ZERO sex appeal. So never know where someone comes from that they might be a bit shocked or awed by New Yorkers.
Haha yeah. I guess that could be true if you're coming from like... bubblef***, lousiana...but maybe I don't see this because I came from California and they aren't exactly bland there.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 PM

541 posts, read 1,903,485 times
I don't know if I ever fooled the locals (I doubt I did), but before I moved here I use to fool the tourists into thinking I was a local. They would pick me out of the lineup constantly asking for directions.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:51 PM

371 posts, read 1,107,484 times
Quote:
For that do you think that a person in ny who does not speak english would resemble a tourist, i mean like for goodness sake they were wearing those bags and pouches and those dreaded visors when it was a cloudy day. I didnt say all tourist i was just talking about the ones ive seen. Yeah when i meant that everybody had different and different languages they were like ooo awe o my god those buildings are huge. All of them had no clue as to what they were looking at. I was on the red gray line tour New York City sightseeing tours-save time-purchase tickets online It wasnt like cheering they were just clapping i guess because they wouldnt expect a native to take a bus tour.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Haha yeah. I guess that could be true if you're coming from like... bubblef***, lousiana...but maybe I don't see this because I came from California and they aren't exactly bland there.
Come on now I'm from Louisiana....!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
Come on now I'm from Louisiana....!
LOL! Sorry...but I had to get a point across. And I only said "MAYBE" if you're from there..that you would be in awe with the people here. So you tell me

Old 08-14-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
LOL! Sorry...but I had to get a point across. And I only said "MAYBE" if you're from there..that you would be in awe with the people here. So you tell me

Don't remember being in awe of the people...except maybe some of the more "eclectic" ones. Lets trash Mississippi...that state is worse than Louisiana.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
Don't remember being in awe of the people...except maybe some of the more "eclectic" ones. Lets trash Mississippi...that state is worse than Louisiana.
See...that's all I'm saying! Agreed...I just didn't think I was THAT much in awe of the people when I came here...it was just another new exciting city...as every city I have traveled to has been...even in BUBBLEF**K, MISSISSIPI!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:11 PM

8 posts, read 29,829 times
Someone was mentioning they can tell a tourist by their hair and makeup, clothes or something like that. Can you elaborate on this? I'm wondering if I fit the bill (I don't live in New York). Just curious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City