Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 08:23 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I honestly thought this was common knowledge? Or is it only because I was born and raised the the Bronx? I've seen the boats going to Hart island from city island many times.
It is common knowledge. This is where they bury the unknown. I too was born in the Bronx as well. My grandmother used to tell me, you better have money to pay for your funeral, you dont want to be burried in Potters Field by City Island.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:24 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
A staggering number of New Yorkers have been dying at home in the past two weeks, most likely due to coronavirus.

Staggering Surge Of NYers Dying In Their Homes Suggests City Is Undercounting Coronavirus Fatalities

https://gothamist.com/news/surge-num...related-deaths

Old 04-08-2020, 08:25 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Is anyone watching De Blasio live? Not for nothing this mayor acted real slow and thus people who were vulnerable were left able to die off.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:30 AM

6,669 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Is anyone watching De Blasio live? Not for nothing this mayor acted real slow and thus people who were vulnerable were left able to die off.
my routine is watching Cuomo's and Trumps briefings w/Fauci.

I don't care for DeBlasio's talks.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:38 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Deblasio is the red headed stepchild in all of this. No one watches. He has no plan except to take walks in prospect park everyday.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:41 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
No. I can only stomach Cuomos talks. Not deBlasio or Trump.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:58 AM

39 posts, read 15,597 times
I have seen some reports that sick patients are sent to home and all of a sudden, their condition deteriorate and die. Also, there are reports that many people die at home. It is really scary. What are the hospitals doing? it is reckless to send those sick people home and let them die. They should all be treated in hospitals. From the mayor or the governer, there seems no shortage of hospital beds. What went wrong? the death rate in NYC is way higher than the rest of the country

Old 04-08-2020, 09:01 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
There are normally 1500-2000 burials on this island a year. This is nothing new. Inmates have always performed burials.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Island_(Bronx)

Don't let the media and special interest groups use this pandemic to further their agendas.

I didn't know that it was something that's been going on forever. The article didn't make it seem so though I should say. What the narrator was asking is who's going to bury all the bodies. He stated that it was already difficult for them to find people who wanted to do the work and now that people are being released for non-violent offenses, they might have difficulty finding inmates to bury all the bodies in particular with the influx of people dying from Covid-19. They're only getting $6/hr...

Old 04-08-2020, 09:06 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Hopefully, by April 30th we can start re-opening NYC

At first I was thinking this but I dunno...with all these religious people planning on congregating for Passover or whatever they call it (you know that this and Xmas are usually big events), there might be a temporary increase in cases. I would hope that the church leaders along with the people are penalized for violating stay-at-home orders. The more considerate have gone on-line during this pandemic and I like that radio stations have been cancelling events for religious folks to comply with mandatory state orders. Luckily NYC doesn't have big a** megachurches/churches per square capita like we do in major cities in the South.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:19 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
A staggering number of New Yorkers have been dying at home in the past two weeks, most likely due to coronavirus.

Staggering Surge Of NYers Dying In Their Homes Suggests City Is Undercounting Coronavirus Fatalities

https://gothamist.com/news/surge-num...related-deaths

I think this is one of the big reasons our "peak" is not as bad as feared.... at least not as of yet. People dying under the radar.

Also, it is beginning to become clear how many infected NY'ers escaped the city as hospitals in all of the areas popular for NYC resident's second homes have been swamped... Cape Cod,R.I and Ct coasts, The Berkshires, Litchfield County, Jersey Shore.......all inundated with NY'ers who could have wound up in NYC hospitals.
Good for us that they left.....bad for the places they went to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City