Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 02:19 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were released from jail / prison by officials in their city due to COVID-19. As the participants have said "they don't give a _____". They're being profoundly honest, they don't. Their sentiment and irresponsibility carries over into the other crucial areas of their lives, too. I'm willing to be that you'd be hard-pressed to find even one of them who has a lease or mortgage in their own name.

The people they hurt more deeply than anyone will be their mothers, grandmothers, aunties, sisters, and baby-mamas (I doubt most of these men in this video are married). They are the ones who run to the aid and try to keep these type of men from reaping the consequences of their actions and will do all their can to cushion the blow when they do fall.

Should these men/grown boys, who admitted they don't give a flip about Coronavirus come down with it, as usual, it will be women left doing the heavy lifting of caring for these grown boys should they get sick and struggling to pay for their burials should they die from the virus.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:21 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
I'm surprised YouTube didn't take that video down yet TBH

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-07-2020, 02:23 PM

1,486 posts, read 987,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organizedjen View Post
my building and apartment is typically clean, and i don't leave windows open at night.

i saw a mouse in my kitchen, and i don't know how it got here?

have you seen a mouse, or an increase of mice where you live?

this made me think of that rat video in new orleans
How big?
To keep mice out you must plug the holes. The major ones are where pipes enter and exit the apartment such as under the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, heating pipes, and sometimes dead spaces at the bottom of base cabinets.

I haven't see a single moue since i moved into my place. I have only seen 1 baby roach in the years ive lived here and i think it came in through the balcony door when i left it open over night.

I never leave garbage in the kitchen over night.
Never leave dirty dishes in the sink over night.
Always wipe down the stove with Clorox wipes after use (non bleach wipes)
Keep counter tops clean and dry

Old 04-07-2020, 02:33 PM

Default What other options do they have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Hospitals are assisting the virus with killing patients by ventilating patients using their traditional methods of triage. They have no clue that it is the infection in the lungs they need to prevent. Several DRs around the country is seeing that ventilators are not the solution and are killing patients that could survive had they intervened before going on ventilator.
What would be the alternative if they didn't ventilate those patients who were struggling to breathe?

Old 04-07-2020, 02:46 PM

Default Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Looks like an Asian woman was targeted in an acid attack in Brooklyn by a coward. Be careful out there if you're Asian. I post here cause coronavirus has increased hate crimes toward Asians.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/brookl...e-acid-attack/

Be safe, stay home.

Good news is NY is plateauing on the curve but data could be lagging behind as deaths were highest today.
This is terrible! It seems that he had been there just waiting for her, or whomever, to come out. I don't understand why some people are so stupid. I hope he is caught ASAP.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:48 PM

Default What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakejones View Post
damn, another person just killed themselves on the 7 train at jackson heights. There was a jumper last week at 46th street that got killed too

just what emergency responders need
omg!

Old 04-07-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

This woman got very sick with COVID-19 but symptoms resolved

She was quarantined for 14 days at home as per doctor's instructions

She asked doctors to test her again and they said they don't do that because she completed the 14 days

She insisted and got tested again and tested positive again, this is a big problem

Maybe she was tested too soon after overcoming the virus. Maybe it's a random false positive. What's the biggest problem with this in your opinion?

Old 04-07-2020, 04:35 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...m0ozDLrfrIIXfU

Why NYC Says Widespread Coronavirus Testing May Be Counter-Productive

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...ZmBbbL4dNm98J8

Temporary Burials Possible in NYC as Coronavirus Death Toll Rises

Old 04-07-2020, 04:52 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...m0ozDLrfrIIXfU

Why NYC Says Widespread Coronavirus Testing May Be Counter-Productive
3-week ago news might as well be 3-year old news

Blasio was wrong then, and he's still wrong now

Old 04-07-2020, 05:01 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
3-week ago news might as well be 3-year old news

Blasio was wrong then, and he's still wrong now
He's not a doctor, if you're placing your faith in a politician then I understand.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City