Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 08:41 PM

264 posts, read 504,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Why do you have to go back for BP?

If I take BP meds and don't say anything, about taking meds, will they find out? I think that was answered before and folks said that NOT to take any BP meds because they will see it in the blood test. True?
I doubt they test your blood for that. Just read some stuff online, apparently they can detect through urine but not blood and they have to specifically looking for it. Maybe someone else who has done it can give you an exact answer.

Last edited by GH1187; 05-24-2016 at 08:50 PM..

Old 05-24-2016, 09:18 PM

101 posts, read 154,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Sometimes after I run (I should do this next time) I can get a 125/80 reading.

I finished all the XRay, Blood, Hearing, Sitting, Vison, EKG, and Sitting today (had no choice) but, I gotta go back for BP.
Does the xray show the shoulder?

Old 05-24-2016, 09:22 PM

712 posts, read 1,208,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunz21z View Post
Does the xray show the shoulder?
no

Old 05-24-2016, 09:31 PM

88 posts, read 108,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
Sooooo ... No word on chrisvosten huh
It is kind of weird that we have not heard anything from chrisvosten, when he was very vocal and trying to be the best help that he could to everyone, hope everything is smooth with him...

Old 05-25-2016, 03:22 AM

733 posts, read 724,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
no
It's was past your bed time when you posted this ... I hope you don't have a hung over ! Good luck today !

Old 05-25-2016, 06:31 AM

3 posts, read 2,741 times
Hey guys new here and currently in the first morning of orientation. I have a question I really need answered but havent had an oppurtunity to ask anyone who works here. Went back through several pages but didnt see anything on this.

I am undecided on taking the job and was hopijg there would be a chance to delay hiring as I will have a better idea of where Im at with my current job 6 months to a year from now. I am around number 350. Is the call letter option to turn down employment for the time being the only chance to do that? By going through orientation and medical, and ending up getting selected for employment, would turning it down make me lose my chance forever or is there an option to do so at that time?

Also if this is my only chance, if I delay it and ask to be readded to the list, should I wait until I have decided or do it immediately? How far back on the list do you end up?

Old 05-25-2016, 06:35 AM

512 posts, read 766,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatslyb View Post
Hey guys new here and currently in the first morning of orientation. I have a question I really need answered but havent had an oppurtunity to ask anyone who works here. Went back through several pages but didnt see anything on this.

I am undecided on taking the job and was hopijg there would be a chance to delay hiring as I will have a better idea of where Im at with my current job 6 months to a year from now. I am around number 350. Is the call letter option to turn down employment for the time being the only chance to do that? By going through orientation and medical, and ending up getting selected for employment, would turning it down make me lose my chance forever?

Also if this is my only chance, if I delay it and ask to be readded to the list, should I wait until I have decided or do it immediately? How far back on the list do you end up?

if you pass up on the job you become inactive on the list......at whatever point in the future(before the list expires) you decide to activate your name you go back to your regular list number......generally you are one of the first to be hired the next go around.....

some advice if i may, if you are that undecided about your current job to wait 6 months to see whats up, you need to leave and have a job to where you actually look forward to going to everyday.....

Old 05-25-2016, 06:42 AM

529 posts, read 727,384 times
Little bit of advice to anyone getting your cdl. When you go make sure to grab at least 4-5 of the blue applications cause they make you fill one out every single damn time. I really hate this Jamaica dmv with a passion

Old 05-25-2016, 07:11 AM

3 posts, read 2,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudini4242 View Post
if you pass up on the job you become inactive on the list......at whatever point in the future(before the list expires) you decide to activate your name you go back to your regular list number......generally you are one of the first to be hired the next go around.....

some advice if i may, if you are that undecided about your current job to wait 6 months to see whats up, you need to leave and have a job to where you actually look forward to going to everyday.....
Thanks for the quick reply. Will I have to do orientation all over again at that time? Or if I complete all of it now will it still count?

I do enjoy my job and it has some upsides I am unsure if I want to abandon. On the other hand a real pension and earlier retirement is pulling me the other direction towards dsny.
Also I fairly recently got the position I wanted (right before DSNY test finally came up) and Im unsure if it will continue going smoothely or get a bit bumpy so to speak. After a bit of time I feel Ill have a better idea what to expect for the next 10+ years. And compare that to DSNY. But I digress, before posting my whole life story lol.

Thanks again for the quick reply and good to know I can get back on the list.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:35 AM

186 posts, read 308,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatslyb View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Will I have to do orientation all over again at that time? Or if I complete all of it now will it still count?

I do enjoy my job and it has some upsides I am unsure if I want to abandon. On the other hand a real pension and earlier retirement is pulling me the other direction towards dsny.
Also I fairly recently got the position I wanted (right before DSNY test finally came up) and Im unsure if it will continue going smoothely or get a bit bumpy so to speak. After a bit of time I feel Ill have a better idea what to expect for the next 10+ years. And compare that to DSNY. But I digress, before posting my whole life story lol.

Thanks again for the quick reply and good to know I can get back on the list.
Yes you will have to do orientation again. The sooner you start dsny the better. Just a little fyi. You will have everyone else on this list beat in seniority. But take the medical and see if you pass. If you fail the medical then you keep your other job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.