Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 08:03 PM

10 posts, read 8,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1187 View Post
Honestly i would write it down, It wont be that hard for them to find out. The reason why they say to omit in the medical is because they would need your consent in order to access your old records and then be lucky enough to run into something out there.

If it was a private job i would definitely leave it out, like when it asked if you ever been fired and so forth. But the Gov agencies usually work together and will share info.
Appreciate the reply...Yea I guess i'll just put it down and hope for the best, GL on your process too

Old 05-24-2016, 08:08 PM

64 posts, read 80,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Hey. Hello people. Introducing myself here as a potential hire.

I got my CDL Permit with correct endorsements.
My list number is: n<125
I got a CDL road test soon but, to play it safe I might do the FBF training.
I'm pumped that I might have a shot at getting a job that doesn't require some Middle Easter country (7 years Army).

But, I do have a few questions, if it's cool:

How bad is the blood pressure thing looked at? I did medical today, got told to come back next week cuz' my BP was 150/90 but the doctor lady was really pissin' me off.

Also, I read that basically after FBF training n00bs (probies?) are just default-assigned to North Manhattan or West Bronx? How feasable is it for me to ask for -anything- in Brooklyn? (south, north, clean, dirty, whatever). I'll take Brownsville or East New York...

Again, I'm thankful for the info that's already on here, beginning sounds harsh but I've been a Private before, so hopefully I'm prepared.

Is you BP always that high? If you're BP is down in the 130s and 70s the next time they take it then you should be alright from what I been hearing. Were you able to finish all your medical things in one day??

Old 05-24-2016, 08:11 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Thanks for your service!

I hate to say but BP is one of the bigger DQ culprits...just try and be relaxed and not nervous when you go, no coffee morning off etc etc...

Provides are assigned where needed, usually that means the Bronx or upper Manhattan... But Brooklyn north isn't too far fetched...you never know though, one class almost half the class was assumed to a dump in queens that had just opened! Even if you don't get assigned where you like , you can put a transfer in on day one... If you want to work in Bk and a new guy your best bet is Brooklyn north, you can most likely get there pretty quickly... Brooklyn south you might wait a bit longer.. But you never know ...
Oh, cool and, thanks for the quick response. Sadly, my BP steady in the 135/85 range which is ok... but I jog miles a 10K(6.2) a 5K(3.1) each week, and some lifting in between. I mean I didn't get instantly DQd AND I will play it safe and get my own doctor 3rd party evaluations, I mean I did the medical for my Interstate CDL Permit (before I got the letters) and I was fine, 137/84 not great but good. I really want this job. The other likely jobs veterans got to look forward to; Correction, Police and Security. Pardon the negativity but those all suck.

Sanitation the job is cool, schedule might not be, but the actual taskings are cool.

But the Brooklyn North is good news for me (would be crap if I was impact as a cop but, trash truck it's fine).

Old 05-24-2016, 08:11 PM

264 posts, read 504,168 times
Quote:
Hey. Hello people. Introducing myself here as a potential hire.

I got my CDL Permit with correct endorsements.
My list number is: n<125
I got a CDL road test soon but, to play it safe I might do the FBF training.
I'm pumped that I might have a shot at getting a job that doesn't require some Middle Easter country (7 years Army).

But, I do have a few questions, if it's cool:

How bad is the blood pressure thing looked at? I did medical today, got told to come back next week cuz' my BP was 150/90 but the doctor lady was really pissin' me off.

Also, I read that basically after FBF training n00bs (probies?) are just default-assigned to North Manhattan or West Bronx? How feasable is it for me to ask for -anything- in Brooklyn? (south, north, clean, dirty, whatever). I'll take Brownsville or East New York...

Again, I'm thankful for the info that's already on here, beginning sounds harsh but I've been a Private before, so hopefully I'm prepared.
Go to the doctor and get some BP pills to get it under control. the best thing you can do and just dont disclose it.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmen718 View Post
Is you BP always that high? If you're BP is down in the 130s and 70s the next time they take it then you should be alright from what I been hearing. Were you able to finish all your medical things in one day??
Sometimes after I run (I should do this next time) I can get a 125/80 reading.

I finished all the XRay, Blood, Hearing, Sitting, Vison, EKG, and Sitting today (had no choice) but, I gotta go back for BP.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:17 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,481 times
Quote:

I finished all the XRay, Blood, Hearing, Sitting, Vison, EKG, and Sitting today (had no choice) but, I gotta go back for BP.
They made me go back for EKG and additional x ray, and I ended up being fine , good luck

Old 05-24-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:

Sitting?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1187 View Post
Sitting?
Apparently a poorly constructed joke on my part about the waiting time

Old 05-24-2016, 08:38 PM

3,738 posts, read 3,473,407 times
Quote:

Why do you have to go back for BP?

If I take BP meds and don't say anything, about taking meds, will they find out? I think that was answered before and folks said that NOT to take any BP meds because they will see it in the blood test. True?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Apparently a poorly constructed joke on my part about the waiting time
Bahaha i thought that's what you meant, but since i have done physicals before and they have made me do lunges and squats was making sure you weren't referring to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City