Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 07:05 PM

961 posts, read 2,465,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
LOL, I dont fit in with either for various reasons but both are cool with me, to some Guyanese they might consider me white or Latino. The black Guyanese are more open to dating other races and other new things compared to the Indians. I was with some Chinese chick and she asked me and some other Guyanese guy how come Im this color and your that color? Why I look like a Spanish and he looks Indian and dark. Me I'm actually a mulato with European and African features both sides of my family is also mulato and so are thier parents aswell. 100 years of mulato mixing I presume. most confuse me for a Puerto Rican or sometimes Dominican or Cuban. One time I visited Richmond Hill Queens some Coolie kid called me whitebai. I dont live around Black or Guyanese Indians, only know about Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Mexicans, and Black Americans I live around these types of people!
I've noticed that the Indo-Trini girls are also more open to dating other ethinicities than Indo-Guyanese (though they are not too hostile toward other people). Any ideas why that might be? I know you're not no Guyanese spokesperson, especially since you live in the Bronx and you're not Indian, but why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
I've noticed that the Indo-Trini girls are also more open to dating other ethinicities than Indo-Guyanese (though they are not too hostile toward other people). Any ideas why that might be? I know you're not no Guyanese spokesperson, especially since you live in the Bronx and you're not Indian, but why is that?
Yo no lie, I wish I can help you with that answer. I dont associate with Trinidadians why because I dont know any or very little espeically Indian ones. As for Guyanese being hostile to others is nothign new and a common occurance. As for Guyanese Indians dating thier own kind, I dont know. Some times they are hostile or even shy to others. I Knew one Guyanese chick from Bronx Community College she was cute, and I wanted to date her, I had feelings for her but she did not want to take it beyond friendship. I asked her out and she was like nah. She was not cute or ugly, not fat not slim, something about her that I liked. She liked the fact that I was more Puerto Rican then I was Guyanese. Damn I wanna know where this girl is. IF you go to Castle Hill section of the Bronx you can find many half Indo Guynaese and half Puerto Rican, also on Grand Concourse some half indo Guynaese and half Dominican, I met a few. Oh yeah I also visited Guynana a month ago, many women of all races there are stuck up like New York women. I really cant explain why. I know more about Ricans and Dominicans then I do about my own people

Old 08-22-2011, 08:07 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,409,857 times
BronxGuyanese in afew posts u mentioned some Guyanese being hostile towards you because they thought u were Rican or Dominican. Whats up with that? Do English Caribbean folks and latino caribeans have some sort of bad blood between them In NY?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
BronxGuyanese in afew posts u mentioned some Guyanese being hostile towards you because they thought u were Rican or Dominican. Whats up with that? Do English Caribbean folks and latino caribeans have some sort of bad blood between them In NY?
No I dont think so. However every group has a superiority complex you feel me.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:56 PM

961 posts, read 2,465,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Yo no lie, I wish I can help you with that answer. I dont associate with Trinidadians why because I dont know any or very little espeically Indian ones. As for Guyanese being hostile to others is nothign new and a common occurance. As for Guyanese Indians dating thier own kind, I dont know. Some times they are hostile or even shy to others. I Knew one Guyanese chick from Bronx Community College she was cute, and I wanted to date her, I had feelings for her but she did not want to take it beyond friendship. I asked her out and she was like nah. She was not cute or ugly, not fat not slim, something about her that I liked. She liked the fact that I was more Puerto Rican then I was Guyanese. Damn I wanna know where this girl is. IF you go to Castle Hill section of the Bronx you can find many half Indo Guynaese and half Puerto Rican, also on Grand Concourse some half indo Guynaese and half Dominican, I met a few. Oh yeah I also visited Guynana a month ago, many women of all races there are stuck up like New York women. I really cant explain why. I know more about Ricans and Dominicans then I do about my own people
I notice that Indo-Guyanese girls tend to be more on the shy side as opposed to hostile. But as far as the half coolie half Rican shorty, I'll put an apb out for you kid, lol. I'll keep a look out and let her know if I'm ever in Castle Hill!

Old 08-28-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
I notice that Indo-Guyanese girls tend to be more on the shy side as opposed to hostile. But as far as the half coolie half Rican shorty, I'll put an apb out for you kid, lol. I'll keep a look out and let her know if I'm ever in Castle Hill!
WOrd no doubt, put me on that, Im looking for a half Guyanese half Rican chick or half Guyanese or half Dominican. But yeah some indo Guyanese girls tend to be shy, but give them a couple of shots of rum they will loosen up a bit.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:19 PM

917 posts, read 2,005,667 times
My family's guyanese and we don't party and we aren't loud at all. They're always exceptions. I see this post was made early sept. Most Caribbeans/west indians are playing loud music for labor day. It's kind of annoying sometimes but I get over it.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:21 AM

393 posts, read 891,756 times
Most of my neighbors are Chinese. They are often aloof when I try to be social to them, but they are never rude or mean. That being said, there is a Guyanese family on the floor below me and I've never, ever had a problem with noise with them, and they are extremely nice whenever we interact. However, Flushing is known for being fairly quiet for a neighborhood of its urbanness. (is that a word?) Once there was an all-night party down the block, this was in April or so, and it was Spanish-language music. But I've never had a problem with immigrants in Flushing, or in Long Island City when I lived there. Queens is great for its fairly peaceful diversity, don't ruin it for us! (that goes for the Guyanese AND the white people involved in this discussion!)

Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 7,852 times
Guyanese in NY are garbage. Many came from poor families but most came because of the Black racism in Guyana. I suggest you spray them with insecticide.

I am almost certain they are Indians (like me). These bastards got a new life and are squandering it because they have been afraid of blacks for forty years and want to take advantage of the system (and of Whites). They are a bunch of cowards.

Why the hell don't you bomb them out? May be an extreme measure, but what the hell can you do with thrash??

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolgre View Post
I think I am fairly tolerant of new immigrants to New York. Will someone please explain to me though why Guyanese immigrants have to have noisy parties with microphones and loudspeakers? They seem to have absolutely no regard or respect for their neighbors. We had to actually call the police one night when one of their parties went on until 4 A.M. As soon as the police left the first time, they turned the music up again. Finally, the police had to come two more times, the final time telling the people that the party had to disperse. Of course, then the police were told that these Guyanese people had a right to have a party and make as much noise as they wanted, that they were Americans. The police told them that we had rights too.

I just don't understand why these new immigrants think they can run rough shod over other people with no regard to their neighbors' comfort and rights.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 5,193 times
I am a cuban american. There is an indo guyanese man (federal police officer, NYC ) at work I would date if we were both available. He is attractive, I love his tanned skin, he is very nice and friendly, and seems like a teddy bear. He is a very attractive man in every respect. Since I am cuban I never see a chance with him but admire him from afar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City