Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2022, 07:41 PM

171 posts, read 198,818 times

Advertisements

@Ceebvndy - Thank You and Good to know. 2 questions (if you have the answers)lol Do you know if those buildings are for higher AMI's? and Will they be going by the log #s already submitted. I appreciate your response
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 08:46 PM

65 posts, read 57,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Oh we’re going to be neighbors pretty soon! How many bedrooms are you aiming for?

I fall into 2 AMI% categories (make it make sense) and the price difference between 2 and 3 bedroom in each of the AMI% isn't that much so 3 bedroom would be ideal but I'll take a 2 bedroom apartment.

Hey, maybe I'll be that noisy upstairs neighbor

Old 04-22-2022, 10:21 PM

290 posts, read 328,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
@Ceebvndy - Thank You and Good to know. 2 questions (if you have the answers)lol Do you know if those buildings are for higher AMI's? and Will they be going by the log #s already submitted. I appreciate your response
It’s mixed income. So all these buildings are strictly for those selected from the lottery placement. Like people can’t find these apartments on apartments.com and just apply.. it’s all through housing connect. The website shows what the AMIS are but I know it’s as low as 50% to 130% but I’m not sure the exact AMIs. From what I heard, they are still calling people from the applications but I don’t know which log # they are up to. Gotta remember there are 3 buildings so they will be doing this process for a very long time. 1- 17 story building that’s ready now and 2- 13 story buildings. Building B will be ready sometime in the fall and the other..building C has its own separate lottery process and won’t be ready until sometime next year. I think that application will come outta towards the end of this year as per housing connect. So, you have many chances with 3 building options. Don’t lose hope!

Old 04-22-2022, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIDP View Post
I fall into 2 AMI% categories (make it make sense) and the price difference between 2 and 3 bedroom in each of the AMI% isn't that much so 3 bedroom would be ideal but I'll take a 2 bedroom apartment.

Hey, maybe I'll be that noisy upstairs neighbor
Oh! So, yeah you’ should def try your preference. Can’t wait for us to get that “I’ve been approved” post!

And shoot… you never know! Lol!

Old 04-23-2022, 09:32 AM

182 posts, read 225,978 times
Does anyone know if you fall slightly above one AMI but below the next one up, what happens? Its so frustrating that they take gross income when you dont even see all of that in actual pay.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom81 View Post
Does anyone know if you fall slightly above one AMI but below the next one up, what happens? Its so frustrating that they take gross income when you dont even see all of that in actual pay.
From what I heard you could be ineligible due to falling in between income ranges but I would wait for the agency to let you know that for sure and try anyways.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
From what I heard you could be ineligible due to falling in between income ranges but I would wait for the agency to let you know that for sure and try anyways.
that would suck but only as much as I probably wouldn't be eligible for the 3 bedroom. thankful I fall right in range for the 2 this waiting period is going to be so hard lol

your move in date is so close! I know we dont know each other but very excited for you! maybe we may end up neighbors

Old 04-23-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom81 View Post
that would suck but only as much as I probably wouldn't be eligible for the 3 bedroom. thankful I fall right in range for the 2 this waiting period is going to be so hard lol

your move in date is so close! I know we dont know each other but very excited for you! maybe we may end up neighbors

I’m glad you fall in the 2 bedroom range!! Yesss! I’m super excited and you never know! Just might be! I’m rooting for you!

Old 04-25-2022, 08:01 AM

do they ask for more than what's in the list for docs after they go through the initial review?

Old 04-25-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I’m glad you fall in the 2 bedroom range!! Yesss! I’m super excited and you never know! Just might be! I’m rooting for you!
Thank you!!! im making lists of decor ideas.

I was looking at the sample pics and noticed that I didnt see any lights on the ceiling in the kitchen or living room. Are there any? sorry if thats a crazy question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery