Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2017, 03:56 PM

12 posts, read 24,306 times

Advertisements

Hi ... I was wondering are you community board? Because my log number is 5,xxx and I have not been contacted. Does anyone know who i can email to inquire about my status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
I got picked for this one as well, log number 5x,xxx if that helps.

Unforchanntly I won't be taking it because I'm already in another lottery building. I wish I could pass it on to someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 05:30 PM

125 posts, read 211,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
I got picked for this one as well, log number 5x,xxx if that helps.

Unforchanntly I won't be taking it because I'm already in another lottery building. I wish I could pass it on to someone else.
When you say you've been picked .. you mean for an interview or you got the apartment already?

Old 08-18-2017, 05:48 AM

153 posts, read 183,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn11216 View Post
Hi Gemma2017 - I have a log number in the 9XXs and CB preference, but haven't heard anything yet from MHANY (nor have friends in a similar position). I can shed a little bit of light on the construction, based on my personal understanding of the NYC Dept of Buildings website from a previous Affordable Housing lottery experience.

In late July, an inspector came to examine the building for a partial Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (or Temp C/O) and August 1st that partial Temp C/O was granted. I say "partial" because it only includes Floors 1-14 (out of 23), minus the apartments with private terraces. The certificate is valid for 3 months, at which point they will need to issue a new Temp C/O in order to proceed with a final Certificate of Occupancy which officially allows for move-in (if that final C/O hasn't already happened). Presumably the rest of the building, floors 15-23 and the terrace apartments, receives its Temp C/O by then too.

Obviously, quite a bit needs to happen before that final C/O, from big things like plumbing and electrical sign-offs to small things like certifying that the developer doesn't need to plant trees on the sidewalk. Visually, as you pass the building, appliances are in the units, and last week there was a cleaning crew wiping down the windows from the inside. The front lobby/entrance is still under total construction, with the sidewalk completely unpaved.

However, there is hope that things may move quickly. Once a building is approved for a Temp C/O, that tends to speed up the remainder of the process, as there is a bit of a race-against-the-clock to finish while that Temp C/O is still valid, or else a new one is needed. From the developer's standpoint, each delay means one day further from occupancy (one day further from rents being paid).

Take this with a grain of salt, but Forest City Ratner claimed recently that the building would be occupied by the end of September, based on a August 3 press release by FCR reported on by watchdog construction blog Atlantic Yards Report: Forest City Q2 results silent on Pacific Park; 38 Sixth nudged back; 461 Dean outpaces 535 Carlton

You can also see a broad biweekly report on Atlantic Yards construction updates building-by-building as reported by New York State Empire State Development here: https://esd.ny.gov/subsidiaries_proj...onupdates.html

Note: the developer some time ago rebranded the larger construction project of the area "Pacific Park Brooklyn", but New York State refers to the project by its original name "Atlantic Yards". Within that project, 38 Sixth Avenue is also referred to as Building B3.

Hope any of that is of interest!
Hi brooklyn11216,

Great info here, and thanks everyone for chiming in! brooklyn11216 are you saying you have not had your interview yet? And what is your AMI % (like band 1, 2 3, 4 or 5-market rate)???

Thanks!

Old 08-18-2017, 09:59 AM

9 posts, read 18,744 times
@sarah29_, I had my intake appointment in July, and I believe I'm in Band 3.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:36 PM

153 posts, read 183,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn11216 View Post
@sarah29_, I had my intake appointment in July, and I believe I'm in Band 3.
Do yo qualify for studio and 1 bed? You have a good log number! So lucky!

For everyone: Am I correct in saying after they qualify our income, they then work from the lowest log number, up til they fill apartments??? For CB/and all other priorities for now...

Good Luck all!

Old 08-18-2017, 08:03 PM

25 posts, read 56,625 times
@sarah29_ I'm thinking thats what they do! This handbook is super helpful in all the steps of affordable housing.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Old 08-21-2017, 03:08 PM

954 posts, read 945,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdsimmons View Post
When you say you've been picked .. you mean for an interview or you got the apartment already?
Interview.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:01 AM

11 posts, read 24,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieMarie View Post
Hi ... I was wondering are you community board? Because my log number is 5,xxx and I have not been contacted. Does anyone know who i can email to inquire about my status?
Hi ValarieMarie,

Are you also CB? Seems like they're working though all the CB first. If you are CB and you would like to reach out to someone, maybe try Mutual Housing NY? But I think even not all CB people have been called yet... if you have an popular AMI and household size, there might be more competition for those units than someone who has a rare AMI/size. So even if Principal Lewis got called with his/her high log#, it might be because he/she fits into one of those rare AMI/size apartments.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:26 AM

954 posts, read 945,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieMarie View Post
I had CB preference. There's not way to inquire about your status unless you get picked for an interview.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:26 AM

31 posts, read 53,050 times
I got an email yesterday from the management company asking me for additional documentation for a few income related questions. Assuming this is a sort of good thing? Like I've been moved on to the 1/2 step between interview and credit/background check?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery