Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 10:01 AM

31 posts, read 52,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn11216 View Post
I got a call from MHANY yesterday (from the main number) inviting me for an "apartment viewing". The first two dates for that are Friday (tomorrow) and Monday.
That's so awesome. Congrats. Hopefully they invite you to sign the lease! Did you get an email approval first or did they just call you out of the blue and say come in and look at apartments?

I finally got through to someone at MHANY, so for anyone having issues reaching someone like I had, that 275 extension works.

Last edited by Elly252; 09-14-2017 at 10:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 10:24 AM

125 posts, read 210,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn11216 View Post
I got a call from MHANY yesterday (from the main number) inviting me for an "apartment viewing". The first two dates for that are Friday (tomorrow) and Monday.
Good for you! Let us know how it all looks! I have to turn in 2 additional documents since I'm a city worker . Hopefully after turning in these documents today I get the same call as you

Old 09-14-2017, 10:31 AM

25 posts, read 56,448 times
I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, it's been my first week back at work, so I've been pretty busy.

BUT heres an update from my lunch break.

Last week, Wednesday the 6th, I received a call from MHANY to come in for an apartment viewing the next day.
On Thursday the 7th, I was shown the unit assigned to me.

I have a log number of 3XX's with CB & municipal, band 2.

So to the good stuff... The apartment was beautiful! Nice, spacious, bright & lots of closet space.
It was the only unit shown to me, because it was "all they had available to show me", which I'm pretty sure was just due to the fact that hardly any apartments are entirely done yet.
The building is still very much under construction interior wise (lobby, hallways, scaffolding outside).
There was paper covering mostly everything in the building(not the apartment).

The realtor told me they were aiming for a late September move-in date. As you can imagine, I am extremely excited, but trying not to get my hopes up too high just yet due to some stories I've read on these forums.
I have yet to be called in to sign affidavits to send my paperwork off to HDC, which is what the realtor told me is the next step I'll be taking.

It's been exactly a week today since my viewing and I am growing more & more anxious by the day.

Last edited by citygirl2791; 09-14-2017 at 10:41 AM..

Old 09-14-2017, 12:36 PM

9 posts, read 16,786 times
Whoa, that's crazy exciting! I never thought they'd have people moving in this soon. Congratulations and fingers crossed for you, citygirl!
I'm so happy to see things happening for everyone. My log is a bit higher, in the 5000's, so hopefully I'll be hearing sooner than I imagined.

EDIT: Just called and got a mini update! For people with CB preference, they are currently on log number 2549 and working their way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl2791 View Post
I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, it's been my first week back at work, so I've been pretty busy.

Last week, Wednesday the 6th, I received a call from MHANY to come in for an apartment viewing the next day.

So to the good stuff... The apartment was beautiful! Nice, spacious, bright & lots of closet space.
It was the only unit shown to me, because it was "all they had available to show me", which I'm pretty sure was just due to the fact that hardly any apartments are entirely done yet.
The building is still very much under construction interior wise (lobby, hallways, scaffolding outside).

The realtor told me they were aiming for a late September move-in date. As you can imagine, I am extremely excited, but trying not to get my hopes up too high just yet due to some stories I've read on these forums.
I have yet to be called in to sign affidavits to send my paperwork off to HDC, which is what the realtor told me is the next step I'll be taking.

It's been exactly a week today since my viewing and I am growing more & more anxious by the day.

Last edited by booksandburritos; 09-14-2017 at 12:49 PM..

Old 09-14-2017, 02:26 PM

31 posts, read 52,886 times
Oh awesome. Thanks for the intel. I'm 27XX so fingers crossed even harder now that my paperwork is up to snuff.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:48 PM

21 posts, read 33,021 times
Congrats to everyone--definitely appreciate hearing descriptions of the apartments from those who get a chance to view them.

Even though I have a CB preference and did do an intake interview, my log is 7X,XXX so I am not holding my breath! But it's still good to hear that there is movement in the process.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Can you share what floor the apt was? Studio/1 bedroom/2 bedroom/etc?

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npsBK View Post
Can you share what floor the apt was? Studio/1 bedroom/2 bedroom/etc?

Thanks!
The unit assigned to me was a 1 bedroom on the 7th floor. I of course would've preferred a higher floor, but beggars can't be choosers. I absolutely loved the apartment.

For everyone curious about how the apartments look:

Bathroom:
- Floor: Dark gray 2' x 4' ceramic tile floors, the same exact ones 461 dean uses.
- Walls: Mostly tile with 3" x 6" white ceramic tiles in a subway pattern. Looks nice & clean.
- Mirror: Huge mirror that spans from just above the sink up to the ceiling vertically and across the whole wall horizontally above the sink and toilet, it looks awesome. In my unit the bathroom was very spacious as well.
- Sink: Floating sink, same exact one 461 dean uses, with slightly different faucets/deeper sink that look even better than dean in my opinion.
- Toilet: Your standard two piece toilet, not as cool as the wall hung ones at 461 dean, but a brand new toilet nonetheless.
- Storage: Huge wall hung cabinet. (461 dean uses the same ones)

Kitchen:
- Cabinets: White cabinets/drawers with nice silver handles. Feels to be a pretty stain resistant finish.
- Countertops: Dark gray quartz countertops.
- Backsplash: Nice & clean. White-ish, light blue-ish 2" x 6" ceramic tiles.
- Appliances: Whirlpool fridge, stove, microwave & dishwasher. All look beautiful and modern.
- Faucet: Tall Kohler pull-out faucet.

Living/bedrooms/other:
- Closets: My unit had a great amount of closet space. 1 big linen closet, and 3 other (1 in the bedroom 2 by the main entrance) decent size closets.
- Floors: White oak wood floors. (Medium brownish-grayish stain)
- Windows: Great amount of natural light. Nice big windows, almost floor to ceiling but not quite.
- Cooling/Heat: All white PTAC units (air conditioning/heat). (a bit bigger than the ones used at 461 dean)
- Doors: Doors/handles almost identical to the ones used at 461 dean.

The reason I make so many 461 dean comparisons is because you can get a slight idea of what it looks like by googling it, and they also share the same architect.

I think that pretty much covers everything.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
The unit assigned to me was a 1 bedroom on the 7th floor. I of course would've preferred a higher floor, but beggars can't be choosers. I absolutely loved the apartment.

For everyone curious about how the apartments look:

Bathroom:
- Floor: Dark gray 2' x 4' ceramic tile floors, the same exact ones 461 dean uses.
- Walls: Mostly tile with 3" x 6" white ceramic tiles in a subway pattern. Looks nice & clean.
- Mirror: Huge mirror that spans from just above the sink up to the ceiling vertically and across the whole wall horizontally above the sink and toilet, it looks awesome. In my unit the bathroom was very spacious as well.
- Sink: Floating sink, same exact one 461 dean uses, with slightly different faucets/deeper sink that look even better than dean in my opinion.
- Toilet: Your standard two piece toilet, not as cool as the wall hung ones at 461 dean, but a brand new toilet nonetheless.
- Storage: Huge wall hung cabinet. (461 dean uses the same ones)

Kitchen:
- Cabinets: White cabinets/drawers with nice silver handles. Feels to be a pretty stain resistant finish.
- Countertops: Dark gray quartz countertops.
- Backsplash: Nice & clean. White-ish, light blue-ish 2" x 6" ceramic tiles.
- Appliances: Whirlpool fridge, stove, microwave & dishwasher. All look beautiful and modern.
- Faucet: Tall Kohler pull-out faucet.

Living/bedrooms/other:
- Closets: My unit had a great amount of closet space. 1 big linen closet, and 3 other (1 in the bedroom 2 by the main entrance) decent size closets.
- Floors: White oak wood floors. (Medium brownish-grayish stain)
- Windows: Great amount of natural light. Nice big windows, almost floor to ceiling but not quite.
- Cooling/Heat: All white PTAC units (air conditioning/heat). (a bit bigger than the ones used at 461 dean)
- Doors: Doors/handles almost identical to the ones used at 461 dean.

The reason I make so many 461 dean comparisons is because you can get a slight idea of what it looks like by googling it, and they also share the same architect.

I think that pretty much covers everything.
Many thanks for this! Congrats.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:46 PM

@npsBK Ahh I don't know about the congrats, I am still crossing my fingers! I just don't know how long it takes to sign affidavits after the viewing. In my head I am still not clear because anything can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery