Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 11:27 AM

21 posts, read 33,007 times

Advertisements

Got emailed for an interview for this one, which surprised me because of my lottery number 7X,XXX. I have a community board preference, and if I were to get trough I'd be eligible for the band 4 range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npsBK View Post
Got emailed for an interview for this one, which surprised me because of my lottery number 7X,XXX. I have a community board preference, and if I were to get trough I'd be eligible for the band 4 range.
Congrats! what is the email address that they sent you?

Old 08-22-2017, 02:59 PM

9 posts, read 16,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly252 View Post
I got an email yesterday from the management company asking me for additional documentation for a few income related questions. Assuming this is a sort of good thing? Like I've been moved on to the 1/2 step between interview and credit/background check?
That's so exciting!! I think that's definitely a good thing. Any news is good news as far as I can tell - means your application is still moving and someone is actually looking at it. Keep us posted!

Old 08-23-2017, 01:13 PM

11 posts, read 24,463 times
I got a denial email yesterday, so I'd say if you're getting a request for more info that is a good thing!! Good luck to you all! I'm out. :,(

Old 08-23-2017, 02:12 PM

125 posts, read 210,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma2017 View Post
I got a denial email yesterday, so I'd say if you're getting a request for more info that is a good thing!! Good luck to you all! I'm out. :,(
Oh no. What did the email say?

Old 08-23-2017, 06:05 PM

11 posts, read 24,463 times
It said I've been denied due to being over asset. Dissapppinting but fair. I hope it goes to someone who needs it to than we do.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:04 PM

21 posts, read 33,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie237 View Post
Congrats! what is the email address that they sent you?
Thanks, but this is just for the initial interview... so still a ways to go. The email came from MHANY.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:14 AM

14 posts, read 17,402 times
I had my interview back at the beginning of july. They were very nice! They asked me last week for more info regarding my income. But does anyone know how this may play out if I change my job. Had a very promising interview the other day. Same exact income but would that throw me out of the running?

Old 08-24-2017, 12:03 PM

9 posts, read 16,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BratNeeBee View Post
I had my interview back at the beginning of july. They were very nice! They asked me last week for more info regarding my income. But does anyone know how this may play out if I change my job. Had a very promising interview the other day. Same exact income but would that throw me out of the running?
That's great! Would you mind sharing some sense of your log number?

And no, as long as your income is still in the range, I don't think this would disqualify you at all; they might just ask you to verify more information. If you do accept another job, maybe ask your new employer for a letter describing your new salary right away, and send that along to MHANY in the interest of being proactive.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:57 PM

14 posts, read 17,402 times
That's good to hear! My number was around 22XX. I also work for the city and live in the Community Board. That's what probably boosted me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery