Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 08:46 PM

16 posts, read 42,515 times

Advertisements

Phase 2 of single families homes is very far away. Unfortunately that is what I was waiting for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 08:16 PM

60 posts, read 142,553 times
Hi ,

I am buying Essex and little confused about recessed lights in kitchen.
Don't know which one is better for kitchen "2 recess lights" or "take standard one in kitchen and later add bulbs in flush mount".

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 PM

283 posts, read 667,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTG007 View Post
Hi ,

I am buying Essex and little confused about recessed lights in kitchen.
Don't know which one is better for kitchen "2 recess lights" or "take standard one in kitchen and later add bulbs in flush mount".

Thanks!
To GTG007:

We have Bergen model with open type kitchen. We had 7 recessed lights for kitchen (4 in corners, 2 over kitchen island and one over sink). We did not agree for contractor's proposal for 2 haging lamps over island or low-voltage night-light below cabinet ($500 option). Your case may be different since you have different type of kitchen for your model. Usually any light will work, but recessed lights look really cool, and does not heat up the area. It is only one-time expense.

In fact we were earlier thinking of buying Essex model, which at 464K price is upgrade over Bergen model. In fact Essex is the first upgrade model with cathedral ceiling for family room, followed by Mercer, Somerset and Susses models. Essex has some unique features such as backside breakfast nook enclosure (it will cost $20k to construct if done separately), 12ft x 14ft separate dining room and side entry door for the garage. However we wanted open-type kitchen (where one can see movement in house from kitchen) hence settled for Bergen. It is just a matter of personal choice, nothing against any model.

Yogesh Upadhyaya

Old 07-09-2012, 05:42 PM

44 posts, read 113,571 times
Anyone know how many town homes will be in phase2?

Old 07-10-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest20 View Post
Anyone know how many town homes will be in phase2?
Guest20:

According to Public Offering Statement filed by the developer and available to all the purchasers of the homes, 100 townhomes will be built. Each townhome will have one car garage and one car driveway. It was supposed to start in phase 3, but for some reason, will be taken up soon in phase 2.

The planning is as follows:

Phase 1- 150 single family homes (almost over)
Phase 2 (earlier phase 3)- 100 townhomes
Phase 3- 50 single family homes
Additionally, 600 rental apartments will be constructed. Out of that, 420 will be market rate apartments and 180 will be affordable housing units. Affordable housing aprtments will include:

i) 26 one-bedroom apartments
ii) 70 two-bedroom apartments
iii) 26 three-bedroom apartments
iv) 50 age-restricted apartments
v) 24 very-low income apartments

Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 PM

We have an appt to choose out our granite slab for our countertop soon. Anyone have any advice on choosing these slabs of granite?

Old 07-11-2012, 06:50 PM

60 posts, read 142,553 times
Quote:
We have an appt to choose out our granite slab for our countertop soon. Anyone have any advice on choosing these slabs of granite?
This is personal choice, see all colors
Available And select whichever you like..

Betsy is very nice & go through
With you for all colors nicely.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 PM

To gtg, I've already met with Betsy, this meeting is with the granite manufacturer to select the actual slabs to be fabricated into the countertop. I didn't know this was a part I'd the process until now. I was under the impression that you choose from. The samples an they select it for you. Wondering if anyone else had one through this part if the process.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:00 AM

20 posts, read 65,937 times
There are different levels of granite to choose from. once you decide to upgrade from the standard, and you pick a more expensive higher grade level that is a few levels up, thus paying a much higher price, then as a courtesy to you for spending the higher price they allow you to go to the granite place where you get to pick out the piece of slab you want. Granite has different swirls of patterns for each cut. No two counters are exactly alike so to insure you like it, they allow you to pick it.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
To gtg, I've already met with Betsy, this meeting is with the granite manufacturer to select the actual slabs to be fabricated into the countertop. I didn't know this was a part I'd the process until now. I was under the impression that you choose from. The samples an they select it for you. Wondering if anyone else had one through this part if the process.
Sub: Selecting kitchen countertop

To guest20: I agree with akboo1.

The manufacturer of the countertop granite is Alpine Technologies, located in Somerset, off Cottontail Road (2 miles from the Summerfields). If you do not wish to visit the place, you can sign and fax the waiver. However, it was advantageous for us to visit the vendor last week. We had selected Black Galaxy type granite, but found out after visit that builder had changed it to Black Absolute since matching piece for fireplace was not available. (We had also selected granite piece on top and bottom of fireplace in living room for additional safety). The vendor's place has a huge godown with different types of granite and marble slabs.

About counter tops: The builder offered standard greenish marble which is of limited use. We selected level 5 upgrade (Black Galaxy) which has copper tints and glows in night, the best in the market. Black Absolute is level 4 with black color and white grains. These upgrades are 4k-5k extra but worth it. Other builders provide granite as the standard one. granite has following advantages over marble:
1) Marble is porous and absorbs food color and gets discolored over a period of time and difficult to clean. Granite stays the same.

2) Granite is very hard material, softer only next to diamond. Marble gets small cuts due to kitchen knives, utensils, etc.

3) Cleaning of granite is very easy. It also has good resale value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey