Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,710 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks,

I am planning to move th franklin-kendall park - plainsboro area.
I am looking for a 2Bed-2 Bath apt.

Any one has an idea how is Somerset Park @ 201 Pickering Place, Somerset, NJ 08873 ?

Any other good apartments ? (Budget 1200-1500)

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 11:34 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,003 times
reupping this since i too am looking to move.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:12 AM

108 posts, read 149,522 times
Kendall park is the older but nice starter houses in south brunswick, prices are ok, taxes are high, but they have blue ribbon school system. South brunswick is a great place to live, very low crime. I lived and went to school there....across rt 27 is franklin park and its worse schools, mostly black townhouses with section 8 people relocating there from the city of new brunswick because there is public transportation...not good schools to raise kids in...plainsboro is also nice and its on the backside of south brunswick, mostly white and indian, schools are good and its around all farm land....the best place you named was south brunswick by far....when I lived in kendall park I had a great childhood, lots of kids... somerset park is ok, but right across the street is south brunswick and much better if you have kids...my parents, aunts, uncles, and sister still live there and not looking to leave..if you work in that area there is no better place to go but kingston, and princeton .....kingston still goes to sb schools,.

Last edited by mrlindin; 09-17-2013 at 05:25 AM..

Old 09-17-2013, 05:18 AM

South brunswick has the nicest high school you will prob ever see. Brand new and huge, giant stadium, everything just built...I have a sister that just graduated from there, great teachers and most kids coming from that school end up going places in life..

Old 09-17-2013, 05:21 AM

My sister is 20 years younger then me so I know both sides of the story....property value in south brunswick is always going up no matter what, franklin park not so much...its getting worse

Old 09-17-2013, 05:37 AM

Nice town houses in south brunswick are princeton walk (very nice) nassau square ( nice but not a nice as princeton walk)Summerfield ( better then nassau square but under p.w) those are the best condo/town homes.....houses/ developments are timberponds (very nice) highgate manor (very nice) kendall park section ( mostly ranch style houses and nice, great starter homes) all south brunswick is nice...those are just the main places in sb.....cops don't bother people in sb and are very friendly..

Old 09-17-2013, 05:39 AM

O and whispering woods are nice town homes...anything I named are the best in the town, there are a few more places because sb is big but those are the best.....

Old 09-17-2013, 05:48 AM

If your looking for a place with buses to new york, princeton,new brunswick and any other town along rt 27 then kendall park is the best...nassau square and kendall park houses can walk to the bus stop and go right to ny for like 13 bucks.....8 when I lived there...

Old 09-17-2013, 05:53 AM

I have a few friends that live in somerset park and late at night there are groups of black kids out, some bloods from new brunswick, some break ins, because they offer section 8 homes....its worst area of rt 27, but its not that bad.....yet....but everyone around the area all talk about how much that whole area has went downhill....10 years ago it was nice over there but johnson & johnson, and rutgers took over new brunswick to make it nicer and built student living places and hotels where the projects were and pushed everyone south to franklin park/ north brunswick area...they are still building in new bruns and soon all those old city houses will be gone and everyone will be south.....

Old 09-17-2013, 06:04 AM

If you don't have kids and like the prices of franklin park,,,,,society hill has the nicest condos in that area......my parents grew up in franklin and went to school there and loved some of the houses out there when they were looking but it was out of the question for them because they had 5 kids and there was no way my mom was letting us go to school there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey