Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:16 PM

2 posts, read 11,563 times

Advertisements

Im getting confused about this Franklin and Franklin township. Which is which?...theres a Franklin by along Cedar Grove/Demott Lane, Near Easton ave near a golf course and there's one a franklin rt 27 going south.

Which one is bad? People seem to have something to say about Franklin is bad.

We just looked for a condo by Quailbrook (Demott Lane) which looks like a nice area. Is this the bad Franklin or are the other talking about the Franklin along 27 south?

Can someone please clear out where is Franklin and Franklin Park? are both in Franklin township?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 10:34 AM

316 posts, read 943,012 times
hi. that area you are looking at is fine. i've been lookin there too. it is confusing, i agree! I believe the entire area as a whole is considered Franklin Township. But then within FT are smaller boroughs that are considered their own towns, like Somerset and Franklin Park. Most of FT is nice and fine and safe, except for the one area that borders New Brunswick. Other than that, you'll be fine. I like the Qualbrook area, and I also like the area right by route 27. some nice complexes in there (Wynnefield, Nob Hill, etc).

Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 AM

5 posts, read 25,276 times
Every"ONE" Keeps Confusing These Towns INDEED... There Is A Franklin (just plain Franklin) "AND" A Franklin Township aka Franklin Park... As far as Franklin Park... It's QUIET and FAMILY Like ALWAYS!!! Once you leave this little town and yes it is a town in itself... and head down route 27 toward New Brunswick and other surrounding areas esp the Brunswick(s) it can be in looks as far as my opinion on the rougher looking side... as most ppl stated, every town, city, and area have the Good, The BAD and The UGLYYYYY!!! Franklin Park/ Franklin Twp itself is by far NOt a bad place to live... I am out and about often driving up and down these roads, eating in the restaurants, shopping and just SIGHT SEEING and I know I can see out both eyes and this area may not be 100% best but it is not even 50% Worst I do think the ranking of # 5 is good for that small circle. Franklin Park is NOT considered apart of the other areas which are considered BAD (sorry but this is true)... This little "small" portion of a town has such great qualities to raise a family!

Old 03-11-2011, 11:28 AM

19,120 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysKeepAnOpenMind View Post
Every"ONE" Keeps Confusing These Towns INDEED... There Is A Franklin (just plain Franklin) "AND" A Franklin Township aka Franklin Park...

Unfortunately, this bit of misinformation just makes things more confusing for the OP.

There is no "just plain Franklin".
Franklin Twp, which occupies 47 square miles in total, is composed of smaller units with names such as Somerset (the largest section by far), Middlebush, Griggstown, East Millstone, Pleasant Plains, Blackwells Mills, Little Rocky Hill, Zarephath, part of Kingston, and Franklin Park.

Franklin Park consists mostly of condominiums, whereas the rest of the township is mostly single-family homes ranging from small post-war bungalows to mini-mansions selliing for $600,000 and up. Somerset, being the biggest section of Franklin Township, has the greatest diversity of homes, and includes apartments and condominiums in addition to single-family homes.

All residents of Franklin Township are served by the Franklin Twp Police Department. Fire services are provided by volunteer companies located around the township. There are 5 post offices, including two that are designated as "Somerset". The largest is the Somerset PO on DeMott Lane, across the road from the municipal complex. There is also a smaller Somerset PO on Franklin Blvd. East Millstone has its own tiny PO on Market Street. Zarephath also has its own PO. Franklin Park is served by a post office on Rt 27 that they share with part of South Brunswick.

All told, Franklin Twp stretches from South Bound Brook and Rt 287 on the north, to Princeton Twp on the south; and from New Brunswick on the east, to the D & R Canal on the west. In this huge 47 square mile area, there is much diversity and much open space. However, nowhere in that 47 square miles is there something known as just "Franklin".

Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Unfortunately, this bit of misinformation just makes things more confusing for the OP.

There is no "just plain Franklin".
Franklin Twp, which occupies 47 square miles in total, is composed of smaller units with names such as Somerset (the largest section by far), Middlebush, Griggstown, East Millstone, Pleasant Plains, Blackwells Mills, Little Rocky Hill, Zarephath, part of Kingston, and Franklin Park.

Franklin Park consists mostly of condominiums, whereas the rest of the township is mostly single-family homes ranging from small post-war bungalows to mini-mansions selliing for $600,000 and up. Somerset, being the biggest section of Franklin Township, has the greatest diversity of homes, and includes apartments and condominiums in addition to single-family homes.

All residents of Franklin Township are served by the Franklin Twp Police Department. Fire services are provided by volunteer companies located around the township. There are 5 post offices, including two that are designated as "Somerset". The largest is the Somerset PO on DeMott Lane, across the road from the municipal complex. There is also a smaller Somerset PO on Franklin Blvd. East Millstone has its own tiny PO on Market Street. Zarephath also has its own PO. Franklin Park is served by a post office on Rt 27 that they share with part of South Brunswick.

All told, Franklin Twp stretches from South Bound Brook and Rt 287 on the north, to Princeton Twp on the south; and from New Brunswick on the east, to the D & R Canal on the west. In this huge 47 square mile area, there is much diversity and much open space. However, nowhere in that 47 square miles is there something known as just "Franklin".

Geesh Shot me with a Bow & Arrow! Lol... (kidding and I am truly not taken offense to your feedbak)... I was typing so fast and I surely meant to write Franklin PARK and I do stand to be CORRECTED!!! SERIOUSLY... Thank You for catching my mistake!

Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 AM

19,120 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysKeepAnOpenMind View Post
Geesh Shot me with a Bow & Arrow! Lol... (kidding and I am truly not taken offense to your feedbak)... I was typing so fast and I surely meant to write Franklin PARK and I do stand to be CORRECTED!!! Thank You for catching my mistake!
Unfortunately, your entire post was filled with misinformation!

Old 03-11-2011, 11:53 AM

All in All... I TRULY Agree with your EVERY WORD!!! I am TEAM Franklin Township All The Way!!! And I truly hope everyone see my post to be on the POSITIVE side for this town!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Unfortunately, your entire post was filled with misinformation!
Everyone def have their opinions... Truth be told I didnt include any information other than my likings to the town in particular and what I have WITNESSED in certain areas ("OTHER" sections of the TOWN that "BORDER").

Also I never said the New Brunswick area was apart of Franklin Park, I just said if you drive along or around and take a visit to "CERTAIN "surrounding" areas when sight seeing as we always do, you will come along some rougher LOOKING neighboring areas.

And again as stated every Town has their GOOD, their Bad, and their UGLY Parts!

So no misinformation on my part just merely my likings and findings! But again your post offer what would be considered "INFORMATION" and some GREAT INFORMATION might I add!!!

Take Care!

Old 03-12-2011, 08:34 AM

431 posts, read 942,501 times
Lived off Willow ave in franklin twp, the area is strange, a small section has $900,000 plus homes and down the road are trashy homes with ghetto people,,, further down closer to new brunswick you get the real hood with gangster wannabes. I would stay away from franklin twp if you have kids that need to go to school... the dumb and dangerous are mixed in with the bright and future leaders. The dumb kids dare throw punches at POLICE OFFICERS!!! imagine what they do to other kids

UPDATE: Two teens plead guilty to charges in Franklin High school brawl | Courier-Post | courierpostonline.com

"Acadia1

10 posts, read 12,978 times

Franklin
I lived in Franklin for a couple of years. I'm not there anymore thank God! It is going downhill in every way. Definitely agree with Anthony B not to move anywhere near Hamilton St./New Brunswick area. The elementary schools are OK but middle and high schools are not rated high at all. They spent millions of dollars on a beautiful state of the art high school for the gangs to destroy, yes, I'm talking about crips and blood gangs. Taxes are high and can find decent housing more towards the town offices, but be prepare to update old homes. Franklin is a huge township. The areas around Griggstown and Franklin Park are OK...more towards rural Griggstown and off Middlebush Road are very nice. Good luck!
[LEFT]
Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-jersey/148905-franklin-township-somerset-new-brunswick-princeton.html#ixzz1GOrZAsy0"
[/LEFT]

Old 03-12-2011, 04:11 PM

279 posts, read 1,086,429 times
I agree that Franklin is not good. Just curious....all those towns within Franklin Twp? Do all those kids go to Franklin High School or do some of them (Kingston, Griggstown, etc) go to South Brunswick HS? I thought Kingston was part of South Brunswick...along with Kendall Park, Dayton, and Monmouth Jct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey