Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 AM

16 posts, read 42,515 times

Advertisements

I think I am wrong. I saw the sign this morning. The sign has a picture of a site plan and a phone number. They are different homes from the ones on Willow. I left a message, waiting to hear back from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 01:36 PM

Churchill Estates is opening its next single family development in Somerset, NJ called Lakeside at Franklin. The site comprises 15 beautifully wooded acres, is on high ground and all lots are on a cul-de-sac. Each house is to be located on large lots - at least 20,000 square feet (1/2 acre), wooded with many houses having walk-out basements and side entry garages. A good portion of the lots adjoin public wooded open space, never to be developed. The house models will have 5 bedrooms with 3 1/2 baths or 4 bedrooms with 2 1/2 baths. This site is within minutes of I-287, NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway and bus/train to NYC. Attached is the Site Plan of the development. On this site, will be built the same type of high quality home that you expect and recently inspected

Old 06-05-2012, 06:11 PM

283 posts, read 667,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logo71 View Post
Churchill Estates is opening its next single family development in Somerset, NJ called Lakeside at Franklin. The site comprises 15 beautifully wooded acres, is on high ground and all lots are on a cul-de-sac. Each house is to be located on large lots - at least 20,000 square feet (1/2 acre), wooded with many houses having walk-out basements and side entry garages. A good portion of the lots adjoin public wooded open space, never to be developed. The house models will have 5 bedrooms with 3 1/2 baths or 4 bedrooms with 2 1/2 baths. This site is within minutes of I-287, NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway and bus/train to NYC. Attached is the Site Plan of the development. On this site, will be built the same type of high quality home that you expect and recently inspected
I checked Churchill Estates online and found following PDF dated Jan 2010:
http://ftp.weichertonline.com/wnh/Ch...PR_Jan2010.pdf

It mentions only 3 homes (at that time) out of 25 homes. Location: Easton avenue to Hamilton St to Veronica Avenue. 5 bedrrom/4 bedroom with 3.5/2.5 baths, 2,600 to 3,200 sq ft. Price starting from $525,000.

From photo, looks good construction with garage on the side of home (for more home space), good entrance.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:08 PM

That site is already built. Only two homes available there. Same builder is starting Lakeside project.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:14 PM

60 posts, read 142,553 times
Hi Folks,who have bought house in Summerfields.
I need your advice on things you choose with Mike who
Prewire Ethernet,wireless access point, alarms ,cable,surround system in homes.

What options you choose from package?

Thanks!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTG007 View Post
Hi Folks,who have bought house in Summerfields.
I need your advice on things you choose with Mike who
Prewire Ethernet,wireless access point, alarms ,cable,surround system in homes.

What options you choose from package?

Thanks!
GTG007:

We did the media package by Mike (M. S. Sound Inc) for about $3,000 for our Bergen home as follows:
-Cable outlets in Family room and in all bedrooms all Ethernet Cat6 lines
-Structure panel in basement with all modules for phone and cable. This will also house customer's routers and cable and all ethernet lines will be terminated here.
-Pre-wire for customer's HD TV which conists of 2 HDMI CL3 cables terminated.
-2" pipe from basemet to attic for future wiring (it costs $220 but useful in future for any additional wiring work, so that you do not have to rip-apart the wall)
ALARMS
-Standard Key pad with fixed Eng. display for alarm in the master bedroom (cost $325, but useful in case of false alarm, you do not have run down to reset the alarm)
-Glass-break sensors on the first floow for glass protection (2 sensors-$250 each. This alrms are new type, which has microphone with computer chip. It will receive and analyze any window pane glass breaking with the sound frequency matching)
-Basement window protection alarm package for all widows ($250). This is to protect all 4 basement windows. Prices will be higher if added later on.

The vendor also has $25/month optional alarm monitoring package, which can be terminated at any time. With that package, any home alarm will be received by their company, who will notify the police.

-

Old 06-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Thanks a lot Yogesh! What you think about Wireless
Access Point.I am buying Essex. Will Router alone
Can do the job..

Did you had Mike Prewire for surround system, it's very
Tempting but very expensive also...

Old 06-11-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Thanks a lot Yogesh! What you think about Wireless
Access Point.I am buying Essex. Will Router alone
Can do the job..

Did you had Mike Prewire for surround system, it's very
Tempting but very expensive also...
1) We did not opt for wireless router system. With Cat5 or Cat6 wiring in all the rooms, we can have internet/tv in all the rooms. Wireless router can be purchased from the stopres and installed later if needed and put one per each floor.

Mike provides standard Cat5 cables (10 Giga bits/sec) good for today's technology, but my son asked for cat6 (100 Giga bits/sec) which will be faster service available in next 2-3 yrs. It may cost $200 extra.

2) Surround sound system can be done later, may be cheaper. We did everything for which we do not have to disturb the structure or rip-off the wall later.

3) One thing for which we did not agree with Mike was to put TV accessories (DVR, Cable box, etc. for TV in family room) to a remotely (20 ft away) cabinet behind kitchen. We told him we prefer to put it next to TV in a corner, and we can provide a small table-stand for that.

4) The site will have Verizon, Comcast or Dish Network for TV and internet services. We will go for Verizon. It is very fast internet broadband service. In fact, in some NJ towns, people have filed lawsuits demanding Verizon provide service in their town. Verizon is concentrating only in few towns at a time to saturate the customer base there first before moving on to other towns.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 AM

Thanks a lot again Yogesh, I think lot of
People will get help from your posts.

I will also check prices for cat6 Ethernet,
Looks like good option.

I am still confused about Prewire for surround
System, as in future I will not be able
To do prewire without breaking walls &
Surround system wires will look ugly on walls, but
He is asking $1200 for prewiring, kind of confuse..

Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks a lot again Yogesh, I think lot of
People will get help from your posts.

I will also check prices for cat6 Ethernet,
Looks like good option.

I am still confused about Prewire for surround
System, as in future I will not be able
To do prewire without breaking walls &
Surround system wires will look ugly on walls, but
He is asking $1200 for prewiring, kind of confuse..
GTG007:
1) Thanks for your email. The surround sound system wiring is personal choice and how much you are willing to spend and appearance of the room. We shall run wiring for sterios, etc. near the edge of the room or below carpet.

2) Some of the stuff is unnecessarily expensive as quoted by the contractors. For example, the main electrical contractor (D&C Electric) was asking for $1200 for putting low-voltage lighting below the kitchen cabinets, which we di not accept. Also for light switches for the entire house, there was upgrade for $500 to provide piano-key type switches, but we preferred the tradition on-off toggle switches (they are soft switches anyway).

3) The electrical contractor stated that we should buy any lamp fittings (other than the standard ones supplied by him), chandeliers, fans, etc, only from Chester Lighting store at Chester, NJ. I refused. He will put standard light fitting now. I will change them later and install fan also later.

4) One thing someone must do beforehand is to prewire for giant TV in family room. Loacation of TV should be decided first. We put it over fire-place. For that we also added costly option for having a thick marble slab above furnace so that the heat should not affect TV panel in any case (this was as suggested by builder during construction upgrade discussion).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey