Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 02:39 PM

13 posts, read 107,718 times

Advertisements

Has anyone purchased (or is considering purchasing) a new home in the new development called Summerfields in Somerset, NJ? My husband and I are considering the area but would like to hear from anyone who has either heard of the development, went to the sales office, or even have already purchased a home. Or if you just know the area, that would help too!! They're selling homes in Phase 2 now, with Phase 1 homes to be built soon. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 02:50 PM

8 posts, read 49,105 times
I've seen those homes and spoken with the sales agent. I think the homes are good value for the money, but you need to do your research. I've read that the Franklin township school district is not the best, so if you have kids this may be a consideration. One option is to send your kids to Rutgers Prep, which is close by. As far as the homes go, they are priced fairly and they include a lot of amenities that are included as standard options. Location wise you are close to a lot of the major highways, and fairly close to New Brunswick Train station. Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:04 PM

6 posts, read 86,400 times
Builder has trick to sell only higher price houses.

1 . starting 2000 sqf but on bath tub in MB and most is optional

2. next level 2389 sqf only just 3bed and no living room also front layout is not looks great Most is optional. For 2389 sqf is big area he can make nice 4bed with every thing

3. next 2655 sqf and up is starting 4bed but lost of optional.

And this is in Somerset if you have kids so twice.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
Builder has trick to sell only higher price houses.

1 . starting 2000 sqf but on bath tub in MB and most is optional

2. next level 2389 sqf only just 3bed and no living room also front layout is not looks great Most is optional. For 2389 sqf is big area he can make nice 4bed with every thing

3. next 2655 sqf and up is starting 4bed but lost of optional.

And this is in Somerset if you have kids so twice.

Could you post that again--in English?
Do you really expect anyone to understand what is meant by..."but on bath tub in MB and most is optional"...or..."is starting 4bed but lost of optional".

What does that "word salad" actually mean?

Old 08-08-2011, 04:54 PM

6 posts, read 86,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Could you post that again--in English?
Do you really expect anyone to understand what is meant by..."but on bath tub in MB and most is optional"...or..."is starting 4bed but lost of optional".

What does that "word salad" actually mean?
sorry for my English and typo error, OK when i visited i saw lowest model 2000 sq.f 3 bed 2 1/2 bath there is no bath tub in master bath also no space to adding bath tub only stall shower. and 2389 sq.f only just 3bed 1 1/2 bath and no living room . For 2389 sqf is big area but no living room builder can make nice 4bed with every thing , 2655 sq.f and up is starting 4 bed 2 1/2 bath all house come with basic features is not a great you have to go for optional and it' cost more.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 PM

13 posts, read 107,718 times
I actually think the houses are a decent deal. The prices are a little high, but they do offer some nicer features as "standards" (i.e. granite countertops, sodded yards, full basements, etc). We've gone back a couple times and they seem to be selling pretty well. The only downfall, IMO, are the schools...

Old 12-30-2011, 10:04 AM

283 posts, read 667,099 times
Default Homes at Summerfields, Somerset, NJ

We have purchased a home (Bergen model) in Summerfields. The homes are moderately priced. We also studied other new construction homes coming up in the area. This one offers full, unfinished basement and the home layout is meticulously planned. You may have to pay little more extra (about $15-20K) for upgrades. Surrounded by open fields, a wooded lot on the site and walking/hiking trails nearby, the place is very livable.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:19 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,013,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
We have purchased a home (Bergen model) in Summerfields. The homes are moderately priced. We also studied other new construction homes coming up in the area. This one offers full, unfinished basement and the home layout is meticulously planned. You may have to pay little more extra (about $15-20K) for upgrades. Surrounded by open fields, a wooded lot on the site and walking/hiking trails nearby, the place is very livable.
Thats a pretty optimistic description of the location, no? You didnt mention the industrial/business park one has to drive through in order to get to the Summerfields.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:48 AM

283 posts, read 667,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
Thats a pretty optimistic description of the location, no? You didnt mention the industrial/business park one has to drive through in order to get to the Summerfields.
Yes, it is surrounded by Industrial/business parks, but it is near to Rt 287, New Brunswick, etc. The prices are very moderate (4 bedrooms for about $450K). The sq fts are prperly utilized.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 PM

28 posts, read 211,615 times
I think the Summerfields @ Somerset are priced pretty decent. Couple of models I liked are Bergen @ 437k, Mercer @ 487k with 10k incentives which they are offering upfront. For the sqft these models are offering I think they are reasonable priced, atleast comparing to the new constructions in Monroe, North Brunswick & Sayreville. On the downside I noticed that the lots are not big enough and at the first look its quite visible that the houses are kinda cramped next to each other. Lots are smaller whereas the houses standout quite huge. Backyards are very small. The surrounding neighborhood looked impressive with everything around the corner (banks/shoprite/liqour/restaurants/coffee/preshool/park). But for someone working in NY (like me) am not sure if its a viable option, since one has to drive to New Brunswick to park and then take the NJ transit or Bound Brook as well. For someone working close by (I noticed there are few companies around), this might be a good pick. Unlike other builders (@Sayreville) they seem to be willing to work with the customer for custom changes. They surprised me when they said that the kitchen granite counter top is not an option but included in the base model. I was told that the schools are not great compared to other parts of Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey