Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:52 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,185,560 times

Advertisements

guess that road needs a bigger culvert.

it's a mess out there for sure - a lot of roads are closed and some roads look like they should be ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 08:57 AM

311 posts, read 1,000,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
guess that road needs a bigger culvert.

it's a mess out there for sure - a lot of roads are closed and some roads look like they should be ....
Actually, this is a driveway. Never had a problem with it in the many years he's lived there!

Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,373,681 times
I just got back from the rr tracks and boardwalk at Weir's Beach and all I can say is wow! It is going to be some time before the train is running again.

I just took my dad on the train when he was here visiting in July. This is the boardwalk that I run on everyday.

Here are some pics:

Old 08-08-2008, 11:39 AM

Old 08-08-2008, 11:41 AM

Old 08-08-2008, 11:48 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,211,831 times
It's amazing what Mother Nature is capable of!

Nicole - You should send/upload those pics to the WMUR site!

NHG - You should send/upload that driveway pic to them as well!

Old 08-08-2008, 11:54 AM

68 posts, read 229,915 times
I heard on WMUR yesterday that we have already exceeded the total amount of rain for an entire year!! We still have 4 more months to go. Although the rain really doesn't bother me I do hope that old wives tale isn't true that if there is a lot of rain during the summer there won't be a lot of snow. :-( I DO like the snow!!!

Old 08-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,246,788 times
Red face Hello NICOLE! WOW! HOW SAD!

Thanks for posting this thread NICOLE!

THANKS for ALL of the PICS as well!

I am so sorry all of this is taking place WOW! I am so sad about that

poor little girl How HORRIBLE for her family

I have a question, I believe it rains A LOT in Seattle, London, etc.

Why are these rains causing so much damage in NH? It rains a lot in other

parts of the world, WHY is it affecting NH & New England so much?

Is the infrastructure just too old to take it, or what?

I would love to understand WHY ? Sorry for my ignorance on this

Did you all experience this type of event in previous years? This much rain...

I would APPRECIATE any input you all can give me on this!

Take care!

PLEASE try to STAY SAFE & DRY!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Wow-all I can say is when is this going to end? We got hit pretty hard here in Laconia. No one died like that poor little grl in Ashland though -that is so sad.

Where I live, I am the second townhouse in from the road. If you go out my back door and to the left there is the road. It was washed over and like a raging river last night. We watched people chance it and drive through-STUPID!! Our townhouse complex is built on a failry steep grade-thank God! I got no sleep as I was worried that we would get flooded.

The entrance to my complex has rocks and sand and debris from a construction project up the road. On WMUR they are saying many roads right near me are really damaged.

I live right down the street from the Weir's Beach boardwalk- I saw pictrues on the news-part of the boardwalk and train tracks are gone!

We have had a few really bad storms here this summer. We had a few really bad wind and hail storms and had some flooding but nothing like this. Last night was the worst for my area.

I am getting ready to go out and take some pictures-we tried to take some last night but it was so dark that we were unable to.

I hope everyone is ok.

Nicolem

Last edited by countrylv22; 08-08-2008 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: GREAT POSTS & PICS EVERYONE!:0) THANK YOU! :0) I HOPE EVERYONE ELSE IS OK! :0):0)

Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Thanks for posting this thread NICOLE!

THANKS for ALL of the PICS as well!

I am so sorry all of this is taking place WOW! I am so sad about that

poor little girl How HORRIBLE for her family

I have a question, I believe it rains A LOT in Seattle, London, etc.

Why are these rains causing so much damage in NH? It rains a lot in other

parts of the world, WHY is it affecting NH & New England so much?

Is the infrastructure just too old to take it, or what?

I would love to understand WHY ? Sorry for my ignorance on this

Did you all experience this type of event in previous years? This much rain...

I would APPRECIATE any input you all can give me on this!

Take care!

PLEASE try to STAY SAFE & DRY!

Countrylv22
Well let's see. We are having a very very rainy summer. We just had-at least in my city-the snowiest winter ever. Also-if you recall-in a period of 18 months in 2005-2007 we had three major floods in NH- that did a lot of damage. I am no expert but I believe that weather is cyclical. Since we moved here in 1999-we have experienced pretty much everything. Cold winters, mild winters. A lot of snow, little snow. Extemely hot summers, less hot summers. Wet summers, dry summers. You get the picture.

With this summer- I cannot really say if it is infrastructure or not. Since June-we have had very very heavy rain sometimes daily for long stretches of time. Hail, tornados, etc. Even with the best of infrastructure-all that weather is bound to start erroding roads etc. In the case of the Weir's Beach pictures-that rr has to be 100 years old at least I guess it couldn't take the weather beating on it daily anymore.

I guess I am sorry-I really don't have an answer for you-just some thoughts and babbling. I am looking out the window now and see the SUN! That is certainly a sight for sore eyes.

Maybe someone with a little more insight will chime in.

Nicolem

Old 08-08-2008, 12:31 PM

472 posts, read 1,716,923 times
Whoa, this looks like the flooding we had in Oregon last winter. La Nina year, and then some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire