Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2021, 11:56 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,201,046 times

Advertisements

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022, my DEAR COUNTRY PORCH FRIENDS!!!

CHEERS!!YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Is anyone joining me on the Country Porch this evening?

We have chosen to stay home for New Year's Eve for safety reasons, both virus and driving.

So, I'm sharing some hors-d'oeuvre's I've made - miniature quiches, miniature vegetable rolls, and stuffed mushrooms along with a cheese board, pickled herring and herring in sour cream.

Your choice of Belvedere or Grey Goose vodka. Champagne at midnight with limoncello and gelato parfaits.

YAY!!! YES, we are here!! And I definitely love everything you brought over, SHEENA!!

I really love limoncello & gelato parfaits, so yummy! Thank you!

Cheers & Blessings, my friend!! Thank you for being part of the COUNTRY FAMILY PORCH!! Thank you for all of the delicious food you bring over, I cannot wait to try it all!!

THANK YOU for everything, SHEENA!!!

Celtic Woman 'Auld Lang Syne'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fAG2yv-o5A&t=1s

I cannot believe that I have been 15 years here, YAY, I cannot believe what a wonderful ride it has been!!!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE KIND FRIENDS HERE!!
The COUNTRY FAMILY PORCH thread would not be the same without you!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022, everyone!! May the PARTY continue for several weeks at least!! Or longer, I have to taste everything that you all have brought over!!

Best of wishes, Blessings, Great Health, Happiness, Joy, Love, etc. to everyone here!!!

(((((HUGS)))))) Everyone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 12:31 AM

Talking Thank you for your kind post & wishes, GRANITE STATER!! :) Happy 2022!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Hope everyone had a great holiday and upcoming New Year, 2022 is around the corner!

Dear GS,

Thank you for your kind post & wishes! This place would not be the same without you! Best of wishes going your way as well!!

We are STILL CELEBRATING the HOLIDAYS here!!!

I cannot believe that 2022 is here!!YAY!! HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2022 to you & yours!!

Happy New Year to everyone here!!!Cheers & Blessings to all of our FRIENDS here!!

Old 01-01-2022, 10:42 AM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Dear GS,

Thank you for your kind post & wishes! This place would not be the same without you! Best of wishes going your way as well!!

We are STILL CELEBRATING the HOLIDAYS here!!!

I cannot believe that 2022 is here!!YAY!! HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2022 to you & yours!!

Happy New Year to everyone here!!!Cheers & Blessings to all of our FRIENDS here!!

Thank you and have a great New Year Country!

Old 01-01-2022, 04:30 PM

22,476 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Thank you, Country, for the new year's wishes. Happy 2022 to you and all who post in this thread. May 2022 bring health, happiness and prosperity.

Old 01-01-2022, 04:37 PM

126,288 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Happy New Year all the way from Canada!
I hope everyone here had a good start to the new year.We are expecting quite a bit of snow and I can hardly wait.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:26 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
So, I began the year with a big BANG. On my forehead. I was just released from the hospital with eleven stiches on my forehead. I tripped while clearing the table, a glass broke and shattered. My sock was caught on the metal strip that divides the hardwood in the family room, to the vinyl flooring in the kitchen. I pulled, thinking that the snag in my sock would break. It did not.

I spent several hours in the ER. A plastic surgeon wasn't available, so the stitches were done by a regular surgeon, which was not my choice. I was bleeding profusely, which is not uncommon with head wounds, especially ones on the forehead.

What a way to begin the new year. Please keep me in your prayers.

Old 01-18-2022, 06:05 PM

Smile So, sorry to hear about what happened! Get well soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
So, I began the year with a big BANG. On my forehead. I was just released from the hospital with eleven stiches on my forehead. I tripped while clearing the table, a glass broke and shattered. My sock was caught on the metal strip that divides the hardwood in the family room, to the vinyl flooring in the kitchen. I pulled, thinking that the snag in my sock would break. It did not.

I spent several hours in the ER. A plastic surgeon wasn't available, so the stitches were done by a regular surgeon, which was not my choice. I was bleeding profusely, which is not uncommon with head wounds, especially ones on the forehead.

What a way to begin the new year. Please keep me in your prayers.

Dear Sheena,

I am sorry that you had a crazy & painful beginning to 2022

I pray that you are feeling much better!! I pray that you have been taking it easy, taking care of yourself.
And that your hubby spoiled you!

How are you doing right now? How are you feeling?

Please get well soon!

((((((HUGS)))))) Best of wishes & Prayers going your way!!!!

COUNTRY

Old 01-18-2022, 08:57 PM

Talking Dear GRAND VIEW GLORIA, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! BLESSINGS to ALL HERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
And here we come, trudging through the snow! Babs and Avigail have promised to play neither 'Cannibals' nor 'Zombies', today, and so we can all relax. That big insulated carrier our Driver is carrying, is full of miniature pecan pies - the pecans from the scary-looking orchard surrounding Dowager Soybean Empress' decaying 1910 Beaux Arts manse in the Mississippi Delta. Delta people make the best party food: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/sh...a-reed-s-south

Our children are entertaining on Central Park South, and since I'm banished from entertainments, for occasional lapses into honesty with our co-conspirators.... and since I tore-down the house in Southampton and the one in Wyoming (their replacements progressing all-too-slowly), I've been hanging-out with Avi's real grandparents, in Connecticut. Babs & Avi blanched and ground the almonds for the flour, all-by-themselves (after a few tries: one can over-process, in a heartbeat), and so the little no-grains/no-sugar pie crusts are both Keto and free of excess oxygenation (being fresh and all).

Inside, the bottom layer is custard.

Next, there's a pecan butter the girls made. The house's Chef taught them to toss pecan halves in an egg/lemon juice/butter/salt/brandy/spices reduction that's pretty intense. That egg/lemon technique is a New Yorkish thing - not a Delta thing. But I like it. And it turns those pecans into the perfect topping for the little pies.

Please! Eat them all up! They're buttery, and very, VERY low-carb. No sugar at all...

Everyone is looking so wonderful! Weather like this, is so wonderful for hair and skin. The whole gathering is glowing! And you're all so kindly and dear... ...especially, YOU, Country. Thank you so very much, for getting us all together!

My Dear Grand View Gloria

I LOVE this post, everything you wrote, what you made for us, your kind words, thoughts, etc.
Your writing style always makes me SMILE!! Thank you so much my FRIEND!!

And of course, everything you made is so DELICIOUS!! I am still enjoying it all! And the fact that it is low carb, is AWESOME!!
And you know me, I LUV CUSTARD!! I can give up a lot of bad stuff But it would be dreadful to have to give up CUSTARD!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, for being a part of the COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY!!! This place would NOT be the same without you!! Your posts ROCK, the food you make is to DIE for!!!
Thank you for everything, my Dear Friend!!

I cannot stop eating what you brought over, as well as the other delicious goodies that everyone else brought as well! I AM STILL CELEBRATING!! YAY!!

Wishing you & everyone here a very very HAPPY, SAFE, HEALTHY, PEACEFUL NEW YEAR 2022!!!

CHEERS & BLESSINGS!!

((((HUGS)))))

LOTS OF HAPPY NEW YEAR REPUTATION COOKIE POINTS GOING TO EVERYONE HERE!!!

Old 01-18-2022, 09:21 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Dear Sheena,

I am sorry that you had a crazy & painful beginning to 2022

I pray that you are feeling much better!! I pray that you have been taking it easy, taking care of yourself.
And that your hubby spoiled you!

How are you doing right now? How are you feeling?

Please get well soon!

((((((HUGS)))))) Best of wishes & Prayers going your way!!!!

COUNTRY
That you so much, my friend! We are snowed in now! We got 16 inches of snow. It's kind of cozy sitting in front of the fireplace.

I am feeling OK. The stiches were taken out and it's healing nicely it seems. The only thing is it's very itchy.

Were you or any other members of the Country Porch Family, affected by the snow?

Old 01-19-2022, 08:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Sheena, I am so sorry about your head!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire