Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,007 times

Advertisements

Sandbarcreek,
Good luck with your search for a tranquil piece of the Granite State! I own a home in Bethlehem (next to Littleton) and land in Gilmanton. Both are wonderful communities and close to lots of amenities. For the job search consider reading the local regional weekly papers. Salmonpress has about a dozen regional papers with pretty good classifieds. For example, this week's Littleton Courier advertised a full time patrolman position for the Town of Littleton. They also list local teaching vacancies. Some papers require a subscription to view while others are free (Winnisquam Echo).
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 03:41 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,203,544 times
Talking Thank you for your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtninf View Post
Sandbarcreek,
Good luck with your search for a tranquil piece of the Granite State! I own a home in Bethlehem (next to Littleton) and land in Gilmanton. Both are wonderful communities and close to lots of amenities. For the job search consider reading the local regional weekly papers. Salmonpress has about a dozen regional papers with pretty good classifieds. For example, this week's Littleton Courier advertised a full time patrolman position for the Town of Littleton. They also list local teaching vacancies. Some papers require a subscription to view while others are free (Winnisquam Echo).
Good luck!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST "MTNINF"

With the HOLIDAYS UPON US FALL in its FULL BEAUTY

SMALL TOWN AMERICA in NEW HAMPSHIRE seems so APPROPRIATE!

THANK YOU COMETFOR STARTING THIS LOVELY THREAD!

I hope that more people contribute to itso we are all able to

find PARADISE in the GREAT STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE!

PLEASE KEEP THE IDEAS COMING IN!!

HAPPY FALL TO ALL OF NEW HAMPSHIRE!

Take good care!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 10-02-2008 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! :0) HAPPY FALL! :0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY! :0) PEACE! :0)

Old 10-03-2008, 09:19 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,965,355 times
Smile Beautiful Fall Foliage

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST "MTNINF"

With the HOLIDAYS UPON US FALL in its FULL BEAUTY

SMALL TOWN AMERICA in NEW HAMPSHIRE seems so APPROPRIATE!

THANK YOU COMETFOR STARTING THIS LOVELY THREAD!

I hope that more people contribute to itso we are all able to

find PARADISE in the GREAT STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE!

PLEASE KEEP THE IDEAS COMING IN!!

HAPPY FALL TO ALL OF NEW HAMPSHIRE!

Take good care!

Countrylv22
Indeed Countrylv22 if there was every The World's Capital of Fall Foliage it would have to be the state of New Hampshire! We are all so fortunate to have such beauty surround all of us here! Hope ot post some great fall pics soon!

Comet!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:22 PM

Talking Thank you for this GREAT THREAD COMET!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Indeed Countrylv22 if there was every The World's Capital of Fall Foliage it would have to be the state of New Hampshire! We are all so fortunate to have such beauty surround all of us here! Hope ot post some great fall pics soon!

Comet!

THANKS for this GREAT THREAD!

I would love to hear about more towns in NH

that go ALL OUT for the HOLIDAYS!

That really CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE GREAT INPUT!

Take care!

HAPPY FALL!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 10-20-2008 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: HAPPY FALL 2008!:0) SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0) HAPPINESS IS FROM WITHIN!:0)PEACE!:0)

Old 10-20-2008, 09:41 PM

Smile Lancaster, Bethlehem, LIttleton and Sugar Hill

Quote:

THANKS for this GREAT THREAD!

I would love to hear about more towns in NH

that go ALL OUT for the HOLIDAYS!

That really CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE GREAT INPUT!

Take care!

HAPPY FALL!

Countrylv22
Lancaster, Littleton, Bethlehem and Sugar Hill may be way up North and secluded but that area is truly God's Country!!!!

Actually, there is a great Diner in Littleton k:

:: Littleton Diner :: Reviews Summary

If you like home spun meals with a warm caring ambiance then you should check it out! They also have a fantastic Chicken Fried Steak!

Just be careful of the Bears and Elk this time of year, as they have appetites too!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:56 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,180,700 times
Quote:
Lancaster, Littleton, Bethlehem and Sugar Hill may be way up North and secluded but that area is truly God's Country!!!!

Actually, there is a great Diner in Littleton k:

:: Littleton Diner :: Reviews Summary

If you like home spun meals with a warm caring ambiance then you should check it out! They also have a fantastic Chicken Fried Steak!

Just be careful of the Bears and Elk this time of year, as they have appetites too!
Hiya Comet - We enjoy the Littleton Diner (it's also a popular stop for politicians when they're in the area or depending on how you feel about them). One thing we learned since moving here is to go on "off" times - if you go at "normal" times for breakfast, lunch or dinner, there's often a wait - if you go even 15 minutes earlier or later, no problem and you get to chat with the people who work there and they have a GREAT sense of humor and are a lot of fun!

We also have, what I *think* is a new B&B here in town, the North Country Inn. I'm not sure if it's open for business yet, but they do have a sign out...when that house was for sale, if DH and I had the money, we would have bought it and done the B&B thing with it - beautiful old house with a tennis court and right off Main Street.

Right now Bethlehem is having some problems concerning a landfill - I'm not really "up" on it all, but evidently there have been cancer "clusters" identified and the state is looking into it -I don't know if it's a current landfill or an old one, but it is something someone thinking of moving to Bethlehem should probably check out........I've been too preoccupied with work to really follow what is really going on......

Old 10-22-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Hiya Comet - We enjoy the Littleton Diner (it's also a popular stop for politicians when they're in the area or depending on how you feel about them). One thing we learned since moving here is to go on "off" times - if you go at "normal" times for breakfast, lunch or dinner, there's often a wait - if you go even 15 minutes earlier or later, no problem and you get to chat with the people who work there and they have a GREAT sense of humor and are a lot of fun!

We also have, what I *think* is a new B&B here in town, the North Country Inn. I'm not sure if it's open for business yet, but they do have a sign out...when that house was for sale, if DH and I had the money, we would have bought it and done the B&B thing with it - beautiful old house with a tennis court and right off Main Street.

Right now Bethlehem is having some problems concerning a landfill - I'm not really "up" on it all, but evidently there have been cancer "clusters" identified and the state is looking into it -I don't know if it's a current landfill or an old one, but it is something someone thinking of moving to Bethlehem should probably check out........I've been too preoccupied with work to really follow what is really going on......
Hi dare! Did you get my DM? The wife and I will be at the Littleton Diner so if you want to meet for lunch let us know!

That is sad about the Bethlehem Land Fill! I personally feel all landfills should be closed and every single thing should be recycled or reprocessed!

Dare, what do you think about Sugar Hill?

Thanks to all who made this thread!

Comet!!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:30 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,180,700 times
Quote:
Hi dare! Did you get my DM? The wife and I will be at the Littleton Diner so if you want to meet for lunch let us know!

That is sad about the Bethlehem Land Fill! I personally feel all landfills should be closed and every single thing should be recycled or reprocessed!

Dare, what do you think about Sugar Hill?

Thanks to all who made this thread!

Comet!!
Hi Comet - Never got your DM - just sent you one!

I don't know much about Sugar Hill other than a lot of people really like it! I think CaptJob probably knows more about it than I do, didn't he stay near there on his first trip?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Smile Hello DARE TO DREAM! :0) THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post

Thank you so much for post this DARE TO DREAM!

I truly appreciate it!!

However, after reading about it,

it just made me sick to my stomach!

The company that Bethlehem is having problems with, brings TRASH

from different states! They have been fighting with the town for

over 10 years, I believe.....

Which means that the town has spent 10% of its budget or $300,000+

in LEGAL fees! The company keeps increasing their acreage

there, even though the town is against it!

Supposedly, the company is involved in questionable practices!

Here is what I do NOT get, if they are NOT even paying ENOUGH in taxes,

WHY are the RESIDENTS of the GREAT STATE of NH NOT doing more about

this!!????

This is not just something that affects the town of Bethlehem

This HURTS the state of NH as well as others!!!!

It affects the air we breathe, the soil, the groundwater

For example, when people do not recycle their cans, and they up in a

landfill, and they get incinerated, the ASH from the cans, seeps into

the soil, contaminating the groundwater (I believe with LEAD & MERCURY)

As a result of the LANDFILL GASES & everything they do, the fish along the

NH coast as well as the coast of Maine are ALL

affected!So, THIS AFFECTS

EVERYONE for many years to come!

I am sure that the CANCER CLUSTERS there are DUE to this LANDFILL

& its QUESTIONABLE practices!!!!

So, WHY are the GREAT people of New Hampshire, not doing more

about this!!??????

It is NOT just Betlehem's problem, it is a problem that hurts

EVERYONE!

And I wanted to have a garden.............

And the ICING on the CAKE the company involved,

brings TRASH from different states!!!????

WHY???WHY????

Bottom line, not only do we all need to RECYCLE MORE!!!

But PEOPLE need to get ANGRY about this & FIGHT IT!!!!!

If you DO NOT, the STATE will end up with more companies like this one,

because they see how this one is getting away with murder!!!!!

COMET, sorry to take over your thread, but since we were talking

about BETHLEHEM, and it is a shame, since its such a quaint, cute

beautiful town, with the exception of that HORRIBLE LANDFILL!!

OK, I am DONE for now....... PLEASE CONTINUE

and PLEASE ADD to this WONDERFUL thread, the NICEST

SMALL TOWN AMERICA IN the GRANITE STATE!

WITH GREAT CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS!!!

THANK YOU DARE TO DREAM for your contribution!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING COMET!

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

Take good care everyone!

Have a GREAT week!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 10-22-2008 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: UNLESS YOU WANT TO EAT FISH WITH LEAD, PLEASE RECYCLE YOUR CANS! :0) RECYCLE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!:0) GET INVOLVED! SMILE!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for post this DARE TO DREAM!

I truly appreciate it!!

However, after reading about it,

it just made me sick to my stomach!

The company that Bethlehem is having problems with, brings TRASH

from different states! They have been fighting with the town for

over 10 years, I believe.....

Which means that the town has spent 10% of its budget or $300,000+

in LEGAL fees! The company keeps increasing their acreage

there, even though the town is against it!

Supposedly, the company is involved in questionable practices!

Here is what I do NOT get, if they are NOT even paying ENOUGH in taxes,

WHY are the RESIDENTS of the GREAT STATE of NH NOT doing more about

this!!????

This is not just something that affects the town of Bethlehem

This HURTS the state of NH as well as others!!!!

It affects the air we breathe, the soil, the groundwater

For example, when people do not recycle their cans, and they up in a

landfill, and they get incinerated, the ASH from the cans, seeps into

the soil, contaminating the groundwater (I believe with LEAD & MERCURY)

As a result of the LANDFILL GASES & everything they do, the fish along the

NH coast as well as the coast of Maine are ALL

affected!So, THIS AFFECTS

EVERYONE for many years to come!

I am sure that the CANCER CLUSTERS there are DUE to this LANDFILL

& its QUESTIONABLE practices!!!!

So, WHY are the GREAT people of New Hampshire, not doing more

about this!!??????

It is NOT just Betlehem's problem, it is a problem that hurts

EVERYONE!

And I wanted to have a garden.............

And the ICING on the CAKE the company involved,

brings TRASH from different states!!!????

WHY???WHY????

Bottom line, not only do we all need to RECYCLE MORE!!!

But PEOPLE need to get ANGRY about this & FIGHT IT!!!!!

If you DO NOT, the STATE will end up with more companies like this one,

because they see how this one is getting away with murder!!!!!

COMET, sorry to take over your thread, but since we were talking

about BETHLEHEM, and it is a shame, since its such a quaint, cute

beautiful town, with the exception of that HORRIBLE LANDFILL!!

OK, I am DONE for now....... PLEASE CONTINUE

and PLEASE ADD to this WONDERFUL thread, the NICEST

SMALL TOWN AMERICA IN the GRANITE STATE!

WITH GREAT CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS!!!

THANK YOU DARE TO DREAM for your contribution!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING COMET!

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

Take good care everyone!

Have a GREAT week!

Countrylv22
Countrylv22 you are absolutely right!!!!! It is horrific how our state and federal government let these Huge Land fill Waste Management Companies bully pristine and beautiful small communities like Bethlehem NH. Personally I believe Waste Management Companies and other Land Fill conglomerates have pushed this Global Warming Diversion upon us in order to detract us from the poisons that they bury and dump each day within our Mother Earth! Very sad and yes we should all be outraged and write our representatives and most of all make certain which of our law makers are being bought and influenced by these land fill waste management lobbyists!

Our Planet's Fresh Water supply is severely endangered because of these greedy and reckless practices. It is time we all take charge and control of our vital natural resources and save our fresh water supplies. For starts we can write our representatives, call them and also local and national media requesting a ban on Plastic Shopping bags and other non recyclable manufactured goods. In other words if it cannot be recycled it should never be manufactured. And when they do come buy to do the weekly pick up of our garbage that "garbage should be driven to a recycle plant and not a land fill! Lastly one point to grow on. Absolutely all Land Fills Leak in to our fresh water supply!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire