Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 05:13 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,183,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Hi Dare! Actually Orford is about 20min North on 10 aka Dartmouth College Road and is also right off 91 on the Connecticut River bordering Vermont. It is about 1 hour from you. And yes it is Campton and it is right on 93 below Lincoln and North Woodstock!
Ahhhh, okay. Now that you said that, I think there's a sign for Orford on 91, isn't there? I think I've seen it when we go back to NY to visit. Yep, the place I was thinking of is below Lincoln, so it must be Campton!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 01:43 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,966,606 times
Thumbs up Music and Theater Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Ahhhh, okay. Now that you said that, I think there's a sign for Orford on 91, isn't there? I think I've seen it when we go back to NY to visit. Yep, the place I was thinking of is below Lincoln, so it must be Campton!
Actually as far as Music and Theater or the Arts in General, where you live Dare and towards the south west down to Hanover has an abundance of culture and creativity!

Seems like Artists enjoy the Small Town Atmosphere and Privacy!

Old 11-03-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Actually as far as Music and Theater or the Arts in General, where you live Dare and towards the south west down to Hanover has an abundance of culture and creativity!

Seems like Artists enjoy the Small Town Atmosphere and Privacy!
Oh definitely! I was amazed at the talent that is up here! With hubby being a musician, he was hoping for something and he found it - it took some digging and looking and networking, but he's found a really good group of musicians (not just the blue grass group) and every Sunday some of them get together here and play. There's not only the "music community" but a lot of gifted artists, writers, etc. I'm hoping once the Opera House is finished, there will be a lot of things that will go on there!....That is one thing I miss from our old area, we had an old Opera House that was renovated and would have various people come through and play there - Dylan, CSN, Willie Nelson, etc......

Old 11-03-2008, 04:47 PM

141 posts, read 282,733 times
Smile Cannot wait to get up there and enjoy!

Quote:
Oh definitely! I was amazed at the talent that is up here! With hubby being a musician, he was hoping for something and he found it - it took some digging and looking and networking, but he's found a really good group of musicians (not just the blue grass group) and every Sunday some of them get together here and play. There's not only the "music community" but a lot of gifted artists, writers, etc. I'm hoping once the Opera House is finished, there will be a lot of things that will go on there!....That is one thing I miss from our old area, we had an old Opera House that was renovated and would have various people come through and play there - Dylan, CSN, Willie Nelson, etc......

This area of New Hampshire sounds so pretty and full of culture! I know my husband will love it too! Looking forward to our trip there soon I hope by April!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
This area of New Hampshire sounds so pretty and full of culture! I know my husband will love it too! Looking forward to our trip there soon I hope by April!
Hi Sandbar - This area has a lot of "hidden talent" as well as what you see in various shops, the farmer's market and craft fairs, etc. Some of it is obvious, some of it you have to dig for It took us awhile to find a lot of the things that go on, but it was worth the wait and "digging"

Old 11-03-2008, 09:48 PM

Default Art & Music in Northern New Hampshire

Quote:
Hi Sandbar - This area has a lot of "hidden talent" as well as what you see in various shops, the farmer's market and craft fairs, etc. Some of it is obvious, some of it you have to dig for It took us awhile to find a lot of the things that go on, but it was worth the wait and "digging"
Ditto on all that Dare! I really do believe there is so much talent throughout the North Country. Many musicians and artists prefer to have the quiet of a heavy snow where silence is snow white

Also the fall colors of the North Country are truly awesome and second to none!

Old 11-04-2008, 07:47 PM

6 posts, read 13,500 times
I think all the towns in the surrounding area of Littleton are nice...living in a large populated city has made me appreciate the time I spent in NH..:-)

Old 11-05-2008, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevw View Post
I think all the towns in the surrounding area of Littleton are nice...living in a large populated city has made me appreciate the time I spent in NH..:-)
Well, come on back bevw! It's kinda weird....I looked up the population for the town we moved from - there are actually about 4000 fewer residents of that town than there are in Littleton, yet Littleton is much less congested and had better town planning or something in the way it is "set up." I was really surprised - I thought our old town had a much bigger population....we had much more crime and a lot more traffic congestion....it really surprised me

Old 11-06-2008, 02:53 PM

141 posts, read 282,733 times
Smile We hope to be living in New Hampshire soon!

Quote:
Well, come on back bevw! It's kinda weird....I looked up the population for the town we moved from - there are actually about 4000 fewer residents of that town than there are in Littleton, yet Littleton is much less congested and had better town planning or something in the way it is "set up." I was really surprised - I thought our old town had a much bigger population....we had much more crime and a lot more traffic congestion....it really surprised me
Hi Dare! We also may be one of those who finally find their dream home in New Hampshire! We are seriously looking near Hanover and also near the Woodstock area! Hope to hear more from you soon!

Old 11-06-2008, 05:13 PM

Smile Ditto Dare!

Quote:
Dare it also does appear New Hampshire's population is benefiting from those who have been fed up with their State and Local Income and Sales Tax.

Beyond that the North Country in New Hampshire is a beautiful as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire