Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 05:36 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,198,603 times

Advertisements

Wow Country! You got more info than I had - thank you!

Bethlehem is still a pretty little town - hopefully they will be able to get this mess taken care of soon, especially with the new developments and condos that are going in there....the last I heard there was at least 1 housing development and 1 condo complex being built there, but I'm not sure if they are still going forward with all that's going on with the economy.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 10:12 AM

248 posts, read 807,567 times
I just came back from a trip to NH, and I thought that Henniker did a good job of "small town" America. The local College, which I know is not typical for a small town, but the main street with the little shops...the houses... and the views. That was just a visit - anyone agree?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,972,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzmjp View Post
I just came back from a trip to NH, and I thought that Henniker did a good job of "small town" America. The local College, which I know is not typical for a small town, but the main street with the little shops...the houses... and the views. That was just a visit - anyone agree?
Ditto on that DZMPJP! Henniker is a quaint and lovely community lined with beautiful trees and the fall is awesome! Happy you had a great time!

Comet!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:47 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,998,525 times
I do, I do!! (agree, that is) Did you get a chance to stop into St. Georges Cafe for sandwiches? Cute, casual, just right for lunch (I think they close up by 2 PM... ) I'm hoping to get to Henniker sometime next week. I bet it was beautiful along the Contoocook in the last week or so... any pics to share??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzmjp View Post

Old 10-23-2008, 09:03 PM

248 posts, read 807,567 times
Talking Wish we had pics!

We got into Henniker around 10 am... a little too early to eat lunch ... but from what we saw...driving around and checking out the neighborhood(s), the views.... WE LOVED IT! We were so absorbed in looking at everything that we forgot to take pictures! That tells you how much we enjoyed it there! Then, when we walked Main Street, we forgot the camera in the car

I like how everything is right there - grocery, restaurants, gas... but you still have the quaintness of small town America with the Main Street and small stores.

Some houses are orignal "new England" style and you can tell, they started when the town did. It is one of our top towns... up there with Sutton and Antrim. Which are also cute, but I think that Henniker fits the bill for that small town America feel.

** Anyone have some side info on Henniker, please DM me...we are starting the intensive research process **

Old 10-24-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
I do, I do!! (agree, that is) Did you get a chance to stop into St. Georges Cafe for sandwiches? Cute, casual, just right for lunch (I think they close up by 2 PM... ) I'm hoping to get to Henniker sometime next week. I bet it was beautiful along the Contoocook in the last week or so... any pics to share??
Actually Valerie C I hope to post some pics of that Cafe and Henniker by the end of November! Also will have some of Mont Vernon and Milford if all goes well by Christmas.

Would appreciate anyone who would like to share pics of their favorite New Hampshire Small Town!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:02 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,466,188 times
I am looking forward to seeing the pictures! Small town American life should be valued and preserved!! So glad you enjoyed your time in Henniker, dzmjp!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
I am looking forward to seeing the pictures! Small town American life should be valued and preserved!! So glad you enjoyed your time in Henniker, dzmjp!
Also I hope to have some of Hopkington, Francestown and toher parts of Hillsborough County, down through Mont Vernon. Anyone have pics near New Boston??

Old 10-26-2008, 04:09 PM

141 posts, read 283,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Also I hope to have some of Hopkington, Francestown and toher parts of Hillsborough County, down through Mont Vernon. Anyone have pics near New Boston??
Thank you Comet for this post! I will look forward to seeing your photos of Mont Vernon and Henniker!

Old 10-27-2008, 04:19 PM

141 posts, read 283,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR WONDERFUL & KIND

POSTS! I have truly ENJOYED all of them!

I think ALSTEAD, seems to be a NICE & quaint place, its close to Keene

Maybe someone else can give their opinion on it!

Thank you so much for EVERYTHING COMET!

Take care,

Have a great day everyone

Countrylv22
My great uncle used to own horses there. From what I learned Alstead is a very attractive community!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire