Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,973,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
My great uncle used to own horses there. From what I learned Alstead is a very attractive community!

Thank you sandbar for posting here! There are so many magnificent communities throughout New Hampshire and this Thread is one way we can share all these wonderful and beautiful places.

If anyone has some good fall pics of there favorite small town please do not be shy and post them here!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 04:51 PM

141 posts, read 283,244 times
Question Love this thread!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Thank you sandbar for posting here! There are so many magnificent communities throughout New Hampshire and this Thread is one way we can share all these wonderful and beautiful places.

If anyone has some good fall pics of there favorite small town please do not be shy and post them here!!!!
Thank you Mr Comet!!! I really do enjoy this thread! Do you or anyone know about Sugar Hill or New London!

My husband and I were thinking about staying in New London to get a feel for the area!

Old 11-01-2008, 04:57 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,074,936 times
actually there's been a lot of talk about Sugar Hill. There's a whole thread that someone was researching it for a book. You can read it at https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-h...r-hill-nh.html

If you use the search feature at the top blue bar, look for 'sugar hill new hampshire' and a number of threads will come up. I've never been there, but it sounds lovely.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
actually there's been a lot of talk about Sugar Hill. There's a whole thread that someone was researching it for a book. You can read it at https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-h...r-hill-nh.html

If you use the search feature at the top blue bar, look for 'sugar hill new hampshire' and a number of threads will come up. I've never been there, but it sounds lovely.
Yes, Sugar Hill does have a special quaint charm, as does the nearby communities like Bethlehem, Littleton and Lancaster. Also near the "Leftmont" border there are a couple of a cute towns called Orford and Monroe!

Old 11-02-2008, 10:43 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,199,833 times
Quote:
Yes, Sugar Hill does have a special quaint charm, as does the nearby communities like Bethlehem, Littleton and Lancaster. Also near the "Leftmont" border there are a couple of a cute towns called Orford and Monroe!
And Monroe has a standing Friday night blue grass jam that draws people from as far away as Canada some nights! Whenever my inlaws visit, we take them to it and they love it - Hubby plays with the group and we sit in the "spectator section" and listen......

Old 11-02-2008, 02:22 PM

141 posts, read 283,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
And Monroe has a standing Friday night blue grass jam that draws people from as far away as Canada some nights! Whenever my inlaws visit, we take them to it and they love it - Hubby plays with the group and we sit in the "spectator section" and listen......
Thank you dare for your post! My husband loves Blue Grass and he used to be a Banjo Picker a life time ago! I will tell him about Monroe!
Do you know if Lancaster has any banjo Play offs or contests?

Old 11-02-2008, 02:49 PM

Good question sandbar Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to that I *think* Campton may have something like that in the summer, but I'm not positive. The last 3 years, they've had a blue grass "festival"...at least I think that's in Campton. Lancaster may have something like that at their fair? I dunno......maybe someone else does though!

Old 11-02-2008, 05:44 PM

Smile Tom Sawyer in Orford NH

Quote:
Good question sandbar Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to that I *think* Campton may have something like that in the summer, but I'm not positive. The last 3 years, they've had a blue grass "festival"...at least I think that's in Campton. Lancaster may have something like that at their fair? I dunno......maybe someone else does though!
Hi Dare! Haved you ever been to Orford? Seems like a very picturesque little town! Also has some very nice older homes there, as supposedly Tom Sawyer lived there during the late 1760's.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Hi Dare! Haved you ever been to Orford? Seems like a very picturesque little town! Also has some very nice older homes there, as supposedly Tom Sawyer lived there during the late 1760's.
Hiya Comet - I'm ashamed to say I've never even heard of Orford! Where is it?

I did notice, though, that I wrote Campton, NH, now I'm not sure if it's Campton or Compton that has a blue grass thing....is there both a Campton and a Compton in NH I think my brain is friend!

Old 11-02-2008, 06:10 PM

Smile Orford NH

Quote:
Hiya Comet - I'm ashamed to say I've never even heard of Orford! Where is it?

I did notice, though, that I wrote Campton, NH, now I'm not sure if it's Campton or Compton that has a blue grass thing....is there both a Campton and a Compton in NH I think my brain is friend!
Hi Dare! Actually Orford is about 20min North on 10 aka Dartmouth College Road and is also right off 91 on the Connecticut River bordering Vermont. It is about 1 hour from you. And yes it is Campton and it is right on 93 below Lincoln and North Woodstock!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire