Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 PM

141 posts, read 282,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Up near Bethlehem there is an outfit called the Northern Land Guide Service. So if you are new to the area and want to get a feel for what the hunting is like I personally think it would be worth your while to use their services. They do everything from big game to fishing.

New Hampshire Fly Fishing in New Hampshire Fishing NH Fly Fishing

Bethlehem and most of the White Mountain area is a great place for Field & Stream people.

N.H. License Fees and Requirements - N.H. Fish and Game
Thank you Mr Comet! I would very much love to be in Bethlehem New Hampshire during Christmas!! Sounds like a very beautiful small town! I will tell my husband about that guide service!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 09:48 AM

6 posts, read 13,496 times
Default hello DareToDream

[quote=DareToDream;6519862]Hi Bevw - Well....let's see......Monday we hit a high of 9....on Tuesday we were in the 50's....yesterday in the 20-30 range, today it's in the 20's and they're predicting (depending on the source) anywhere from 6-14 inches of snow between now and tomorrow afternoon It is snowing now, very lightly and there are still bare patches under the trees.

In the 2+ years we've lived in Littleton, one thing I've learned is not to trust the weather forecasts - just wait and see what comes out of the sky A couple of times we were supposed to get 3-6 inches and got a dusting to an inch, maybe......[/quote
Wow! that sure is alot of snow!..The winter here so far has been unseasonably cold, low 30's @ night, which is unusual for L.A.
lots of rain too and tons of snow in the surrounding mountain areas.
I spent the last 2 holidays in Nashville, where my son lives and it gets pretty chilly there also, low 20's @ night...

Old 12-27-2008, 09:52 AM

6 posts, read 13,496 times
Wow! thats sure is alot of snow! The winter here so far has been unseasonably cold, low 30's @ night,which is unusual for the sna fernando valley the last couple of years. I spent the last 2 winter holidays in Nashville where my son lives and Oh boy it gets down to the low 20's @ night

Old 12-27-2008, 10:49 AM

141 posts, read 282,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevw View Post
Wow! thats sure is alot of snow! The winter here so far has been unseasonably cold, low 30's @ night,which is unusual for the sna fernando valley the last couple of years. I spent the last 2 winter holidays in Nashville where my son lives and Oh boy it gets down to the low 20's @ night
Hi bevw! I agree, it has been so cold in California. I was visiting my husbands inlaws last week and there was snow in Berkeley of all places! Very cold at night like about 20! But I truly would take Littletown over any California City or Town! Littletown has so much less crime, more beautiful scenary and especially the most cleanest air and water!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:47 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
BevW and Sandbar - We're actually supposed to be in the 50's today It's quite foggy this morning and we had rain yesterday - some of the snow has melted. We've had some cold mornings and days, but they've been short-lived. This week's highs are supposed to be mostly in the 20's and 30's and snow showers some days.

Littleton, IMO, does a great job of keeping the roads safe during and after a storm. They seem to come past our house about ever 4 hours or so when it's snowing and when there's a prediction of a significant amount, they come through an put down sand or salt or a combination before it actually starts in earnest. We moved into our house the day of the Valentines' Day blizzard in 2006 - our house is about 241' higher in elevation than Main Street - we were able to get our 2 cars and a moving truck up and down the road with no problems.

We have heard of more "crime" in the area since we moved, but I'm not sure if it's because there has been an increase or if it's because we know more of the area now. It hasn't been anything like the area we moved from, though and we do feel very safe up here.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:39 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
I remember passing through a town years ago that just struck me as postcard I believe it was Hancock over by Keene somewhere. I believe I found it by wrong turn off route 202/9. Wish I could again Passing through it was a very nice town. I also Like New Boston.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:55 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
I remember passing through a town years ago that just struck me as postcard I believe it was Hancock over by Keene somewhere. I believe I found it by wrong turn off route 202/9. Wish I could again Passing through it was a very nice town. I also Like New Boston.
Yes nhyrnut! Hancock is a very attractive community and so is New Boston! Have you been to Henniker? Today our temp was about 28 in the morning but now is in the mid 30's. Yes we get lots of snow here but most of do enjoy the peace and quit it brings us!

Dare, I personally believe Littleton truly has it together! For such a small town it has everything you need to live a good life. And the Medical Community there is awesome as well!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:48 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
Quote:
Yes nhyrnut! Hancock is a very attractive community and so is New Boston! Have you been to Henniker? Today our temp was about 28 in the morning but now is in the mid 30's. Yes we get lots of snow here but most of do enjoy the peace and quit it brings us!

Dare, I personally believe Littleton truly has it together! For such a small town it has everything you need to live a good life. And the Medical Community there is awesome as well!
Yes I have been. I lived in Hillsboro for a bit. Towns in NH I have lived include Manchester, Hillsboro, Lancaster, Concord, and Keene. I have been through or visited every town in the state at one time or another. My work requires alot of travel. Between that and Family located throughout VT and NH. I have been all over both states. I have also been to 49 of the 50 states traveling in my late teens early 20's as well.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
Yes I have been. I lived in Hillsboro for a bit. Towns in NH I have lived include Manchester, Hillsboro, Lancaster, Concord, and Keene. I have been through or visited every town in the state at one time or another. My work requires alot of travel. Between that and Family located throughout VT and NH. I have been all over both states. I have also been to 49 of the 50 states traveling in my late teens early 20's as well.
Are you still using the same original set of tires for all that traveling throughout the 49 states? If so I want to know what brand of tire you have!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:10 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Quote:
Comet - It could use more employment opportunities....other than that I agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire