Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 01:06 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
I know one, but she doesn't work in the Littleton area LOL
Of Course! val is our New Hampshire Realtor!

Sandbar, give Val a call either way, as she wil give you the best advice!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 02:08 PM

141 posts, read 282,491 times
Default Littleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Of Course! val is our New Hampshire Realtor!

Sandbar, give Val a call either way, as she wil give you the best advice!!!
Thanks Val and Mr Comet! Actually Littleton has really aroused our curiosity and yes I can't wait to visit that candy store! Yummy!!! But Littleton for sure is a very appealing community for my husband!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:39 AM

Default LIttleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
Thanks Val and Mr Comet! Actually Littleton has really aroused our curiosity and yes I can't wait to visit that candy store! Yummy!!! But Littleton for sure is a very appealing community for my husband!
Hi Sandbar! Yes IMHO Littleton sounds like a town your husband would like! You will definitely have to check out that world famous candy store! Also right next to it and across the street are two great pizza spots!

What is nice about this town is that for a town so far from the southern part of the state it has everything! Also the Medical Community is very established!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:22 PM

4 posts, read 15,908 times
Henniker NH, or Newmarket, NH has what you're looking for, although dogs cannot run off leash

Old 01-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Default Henniker is nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykat5 View Post
Henniker NH, or Newmarket, NH has what you're looking for, although dogs cannot run off leash
Henniker has everything going for it to be one of the best small towns in New Hampshire except for one thing!

That being a big eye sore of a slum like apartment building! Right in the middle of this lovely quaint community is this grotesque building which looks like something right out of a Boston slum!

Not knocking Henniker but how could they have allowed this eye sore! Who paid off the zoning comittee?! Or does the person who owns this building sit on the zoning committee or receive special favors from them!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:59 PM

452 posts, read 1,733,513 times
Could it be a dorm/animal house for New England College that your speaking of, Comet? NEC is a big part of Henniker.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthibodeau View Post
Could it be a dorm/animal house for New England College that your speaking of, Comet? NEC is a big part of Henniker.
Well not primarily, as I was looking at property right next to it and I asked the realtor that and she said it was mostly people who commute to Concord and just some local towneys.

I am aware of NEC, and it is a nice quaint college! Personally if I had to choose between Henniker or New London I would take New London, however, there again in New London you have the Mass. aka Taxauhusetts Retiree Immigration Problem! But Colby Sawyer college is a fine academic institution!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:31 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Henniker has everything going for it to be one of the best small towns in New Hampshire except for one thing!

That being a big eye sore of a slum like apartment building! Right in the middle of this lovely quaint community is this grotesque building which looks like something right out of a Boston slum!

Not knocking Henniker but how could they have allowed this eye sore! Who paid off the zoning comittee?! Or does the person who owns this building sit on the zoning committee or receive special favors from them!
Henniker is nice for the most part, except for the ridiculously high equalized tax rates

Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Henniker is nice for the most part, except for the ridiculously high equalized tax rates
I also noticed with some homes I looked at which had very old man dug basements that there is an annual water seepage event. Thus many basements in Henniker are not dry, as also Henniker is right below many boggs from New London down through Henniker.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:50 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,719 times
Quote:

I guess Henniker meets the workforce housing requirement already then? Check out the thread on this, Comet, if you have not already - we could see housing like this springing up all over the state, in which case NO towns would qualify as one of the best small towns in NH. "Who paid off the zoning committee" is right - this is the sort of thing which breeds corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire