Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 09:25 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times

Advertisements

Hmmmmm, quite the makings of a band - guitar, keyboards, drums.......Every Thursday night there's a "rock jam" in the area and Friday nights there's a blue grass one nearby as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 10:06 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Question Blue Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Hmmmmm, quite the makings of a band - guitar, keyboards, drums.......Every Thursday night there's a "rock jam" in the area and Friday nights there's a blue grass one nearby as well
Dare are there any Summer Blue Grass Festivals up your way?

Old 01-13-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Dare are there any Summer Blue Grass Festivals up your way?
There's this one: http://pemivalleybluegrass.com:8080/pemivalleybluegrass which is the only one I know of. There may be something across the border in VT, but I don't really know, as I'm not a major fan of bluegrass. These guys are very popular in the area: Parker Hill Road on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads as is this group: The Back Shed String Band on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads . They're all really nice people.

Each year there's a "mini-Woodstock" type of thing called "Jerry Jam" (for Jerry Garcia) in Franconia: Jerry Jam, Franconia NH Music Festival with Supplication, Masceo, Slow Natives, Pay the Piper, Crunchy Western Boys DH did the sound for that one last year and will probably do it this year as well.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:58 AM

141 posts, read 282,416 times
Smile Wow Music, Fishing and hunting!

Quote:
There's this one: http://pemivalleybluegrass.com:8080/pemivalleybluegrass which is the only one I know of. There may be something across the border in VT, but I don't really know, as I'm not a major fan of bluegrass. These guys are very popular in the area: Parker Hill Road on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads as is this group: The Back Shed String Band on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads . They're all really nice people.

Each year there's a "mini-Woodstock" type of thing called "Jerry Jam" (for Jerry Garcia) in Franconia: Jerry Jam, Franconia NH Music Festival with Supplication, Masceo, Slow Natives, Pay the Piper, Crunchy Western Boys DH did the sound for that one last year and will probably do it this year as well.
Hi Dare!

Sorry I missed yesterdays love fest!!!

Sounds like there is so much culture up your ways with music and fishing and hunting! Sounds like Littleton for a small twon has everything one could want! I can't wait to get there!

Old 01-13-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
Hi Dare!

Sorry I missed yesterdays love fest!!!

Sounds like there is so much culture up your ways with music and fishing and hunting! Sounds like Littleton for a small twon has everything one could want! I can't wait to get there!
Sandbar - Along with the music, fishing and hunting, there are quite a few artists, "crafty" type people (who make jewelry, pens, various and sundry items) and authors as well. Some things you have to sort of "dig for" as they aren't well publicized, others are publicized quite a bit. I'm hoping for more music, plays, etc., once the Opera House is finished with renovations and open for business, so to speak

Old 01-13-2009, 11:09 AM

141 posts, read 282,416 times
Quote:
Sandbar - Along with the music, fishing and hunting, there are quite a few artists, "crafty" type people (who make jewelry, pens, various and sundry items) and authors as well. Some things you have to sort of "dig for" as they aren't well publicized, others are publicized quite a bit. I'm hoping for more music, plays, etc., once the Opera House is finished with renovations and open for business, so to speak
Thank you so much Dare! I like doing quilting, baking and 4H with my children! But I refuse to filet or pluck anything my husband catches or shoots!

Old 01-13-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
Thank you so much Dare! I like doing quilting, baking and 4H with my children! But I refuse to filet or pluck anything my husband catches or shoots!
If I remember correctly, there's a quilting group that meets once a month (?), not really sure. There's also a new place on Main Street Yarn Garden .

I don't do anything except eat what my husband brings home from hunting, either!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Default Never could sew!

Quote:
If I remember correctly, there's a quilting group that meets once a month (?), not really sure. There's also a new place on Main Street Yarn Garden .

I don't do anything except eat what my husband brings home from hunting, either!
One thing I do not do it sew! Also if my wife sees a sewing machine she gets sick! But maybe this quilting thing is different????

Old 01-13-2009, 04:39 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,450,823 times
No! It's not any different than sewing, Comet, since sewing is involved. Both make me equally ill. my machine hates me and refuses to cooperate. I respect those who are able to master their beasts, however, like Wanna.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:10 PM

Smile Sewing machines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
No! It's not any different than sewing, Comet, since sewing is involved. Both make me equally ill. my machine hates me and refuses to cooperate. I respect those who are able to master their beasts, however, like Wanna.
If ever I want my wife to divorce me all I have to do is buy her a sewing machine for Christmas!!!!!

When our kids were young I always left the house when she was trying to sex their costumes! It was not a pleasant site!!!!!:shocked :

She definitely has much better skills in other areas!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire