Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 10:58 AM

5,586 posts, read 5,024,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
trust me, the traffic in pahrump is NOTHING at all like you're used to & completely different than vegas. heck, even the drive into vegas is nothing like you're used to. open road, little to no traffic, 70+ mph

if you can, take a long weekend & come check out the place. i'll gladly show you around town when you get here & answer all of your questions honestly. nye county is a different way of life & it's not necessarily meant for everyone.
Thank you for that offer.

There is probably nothing more worse than the SF Bay Bridge commute. 24/7 gridlock going in to city.collisions galore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 10:17 AM

32 posts, read 56,903 times
I'm another Pahrump resident. We relocated from Boulder City, NV due to the larger chunk of land you get with a house, the lower cost of living, and the lack of traffic. Other cities we looked at out of state were Cedar City, UT, Spokane, WA, and areas near Spokane but in Idaho. Gardnerville, NV looks good too.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Rat View Post
I'm another Pahrump resident. We relocated from Boulder City, NV due to the larger chunk of land you get with a house, the lower cost of living, and the lack of traffic. Other cities we looked at out of state were Cedar City, UT, Spokane, WA, and areas near Spokane but in Idaho. Gardnerville, NV looks good too.
So what time period is this that you found Pahrump ? Is it more hot in Pahrump than Northern Nevada like Virginia City, Winnamucca, Storey Co. Fenley, Sparks and Elko? Pahrump is a better buy than Northern Nevada with lower cost of living and little traffic? Isn't northern Nevada more cooler than southern part of Nevada?

Old 09-16-2015, 07:06 AM

2,851 posts, read 4,526,226 times
there's a definite temperature difference between southern nv & northern nv. you might want to look at minden or gardnerville, nv. they are smaller communities, with a colder climate - i've only been there once & personally i wasn't impressed with the traffic, but i might have been there at the wrong time.

if your heart isn't stuck on nv, maybe check out camp verde, az
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Verde,_Arizona
Climate Camp Verde - Arizona and Weather averages Camp Verde

Old 09-16-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
there's a definite temperature difference between southern nv & northern nv. you might want to look at minden or gardnerville, nv. they are smaller communities, with a colder climate - i've only been there once & personally i wasn't impressed with the traffic, but i might have been there at the wrong time.

if your heart isn't stuck on nv, maybe check out camp verde, az
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Verde,_Arizona
Climate Camp Verde - Arizona and Weather averages Camp Verde
Thanks but not interested in Arizona. Just Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming and maybe Montana.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:51 PM

the temps are cooling off, that must mean....it's FALL!! which means the social calendar is gonna get kinda full in the next couple of months. looking for something to do this weekend?

! jet ski racing at lakeside !
friday sept 18
saturday sept 19

lakeside is located on the corner of homestead & thousandaire (at the 1st stop light on hwy 160, turn south onto homestead & you can't miss it). there will be music, vendors & it's supposed to be gorgeous weather for the race.

i had no idea a) that this even existed in pahrump & b) that the "lake" at lakeside was big enough for this kinda thing. according to the article in the pvtimes, i'm not alone. i guess we had jet ski races at lakeside in 2007 but the economy went to the crapper & it kinda faded away. jet ski racing promoter greg matta is ready to bring it back to pahrump!

Jet ski racing returns to Pahrump | PV Times

Old 09-21-2015, 09:37 PM

it's that time of year again! the FALL FESTIVAL IS HERE!!

sept 24 - 27
petrack park (corner of hwy 160 & basin)

there will be carnival rides, vendor booths, live music, rodeo (extra $10, event held on 26th & 27th), parade (26th), a pie eating contest & talent shows.

tickets $30 at the gate, $25 if you purchase ahead of time

https://www.facebook.com/2013FallFestival
Presale for Fall Fest carnival and rodeo tickets going on now | PV Times
Pahrump, Nevada - Pahrump, Nevada Official Website | Visit Pahrump
Pahrump Fall Festival

Old 09-21-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
the temps are cooling off, that must mean....it's FALL!! which means the social calendar is gonna get kinda full in the next couple of months. looking for something to do this weekend?

! jet ski racing at lakeside !
friday sept 18
saturday sept 19

lakeside is located on the corner of homestead & thousandaire (at the 1st stop light on hwy 160, turn south onto homestead & you can't miss it). there will be music, vendors & it's supposed to be gorgeous weather for the race.

i had no idea a) that this even existed in pahrump & b) that the "lake" at lakeside was big enough for this kinda thing. according to the article in the pvtimes, i'm not alone. i guess we had jet ski races at lakeside in 2007 but the economy went to the crapper & it kinda faded away. jet ski racing promoter greg matta is ready to bring it back to pahrump!

Jet ski racing returns to Pahrump | PV Times

YES I love cooler weather.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:27 PM

take a minute to look at your feet. what color are they? regular ol' feet color? at this time of year, that's not good. they should have a burgundy/purple tint to them. why? cuz, it's time for the......

GRAPE STOMP FESTIVAL!!

oct 3 & 4
11am - 5pm
$10 admission fee
pahrump valley winery (at the end of winery rd, 1st stoplight in town)

there will be vendors, food, wine (of course), live music & obviously a grape stomp contest! If you wanted to be a stomper, i'm not sure if there are spots still available? they tend to sell out pretty quickly. you could always call the winery to find out for sure 775 751 7800. stompers are a 2 man team, $50 entry fee. if you don't get to stomp this year, there's always next year

Pahrump Valley Winery hosting Grape Stomp Festival | Las Vegas Review-Journal
Grape Stomp ready for smashing time | PV Times
Pahrump Winery

Old 10-02-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
take a minute to look at your feet. what color are they? regular ol' feet color? at this time of year, that's not good. they should have a burgundy/purple tint to them. why? cuz, it's time for the......

GRAPE STOMP FESTIVAL!!

oct 3 & 4
11am - 5pm
$10 admission fee
pahrump valley winery (at the end of winery rd, 1st stoplight in town)

there will be vendors, food, wine (of course), live music & obviously a grape stomp contest! If you wanted to be a stomper, i'm not sure if there are spots still available? they tend to sell out pretty quickly. you could always call the winery to find out for sure 775 751 7800. stompers are a 2 man team, $50 entry fee. if you don't get to stomp this year, there's always next year

Pahrump Valley Winery hosting Grape Stomp Festival | Las Vegas Review-Journal
Grape Stomp ready for smashing time | PV Times
Pahrump Winery
\

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada