Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,346,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Prof. Peter Cooper does know his stuff.
Yep.

I'm not a big Country fan to begin with, but I absolutely never listen to Country radio -- and I haven't since I was a kid. There are a handful of good songs, and a handful of truly talented and unique artists that get played....but far too much of it is mass produced hokey crap.

What's funny is that on this show...even the more mainstream Pop-Country sounding stuff sounds better than it's real world equivalent.

In the past, the Country "outlaws" have had to go elsewhere to avoid the idiotic big business music machine here (not meaning to insult anyone out there that is in the industry -- just a matter of my opinion on how this town has handled artists that didn't fit the mold before). Now we have grown such a wealth of musical talent, from singers, songwriters, session musicians, producers, etc that reach across many different genres. I just wonder when "Big Country" will learn to accept the non-prepackaged, fresh, alternatives that have become abundant in the area. Why does Big Country have such a hard time accepting Americana or Bluegrass as popular? Most of it is countrier than Country anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 04:17 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,097,132 times
Tonight at 9 on ABC is "Nashville - The Whole Story" - a recap of all the entanglements and plot lines to get people ready for the 2nd half of the season. If anyone is interested in joining the fun but is worried they won't 'get' it - TONIGHT is the show to watch!

Also read about how the actors are appearing at the Opry AND at the Bluebird. I think it's great! GO NASHVILLE!

Old 01-02-2013, 04:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 12,808,660 times
I watched the premier episode and my impression was "prime time soap opera" so I didn't bother watching anymore. I had the same impression of "Vegas", too much drama crap.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:28 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,346,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I watched the premier episode and my impression was "prime time soap opera" so I didn't bother watching anymore. I had the same impression of "Vegas", too much drama crap.
That is, more or less, what it is. But I will say the characters are a bit more interesting than a normal soap opera (from my limited experience of watching bits and pieces).

Really, the only reasons I watch (and half the time, watch online at a later date) is to see the cool sights and sounds from the filming around Nashville, and to listen to the music. I was pleasantly surprised with the music...much less hokey or cliched than I imagined...then I found out T Bone Burnett was producing it, and it made sense.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM

620 posts, read 1,839,940 times
Country Girl - thanks for reminding us of the show tonight and look forward to next week's new episode!!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 PM

230 posts, read 409,301 times
It is a prime time soap opera, but the music is excellent!

Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 AM

What are you doing on Sunday January 6th????

CMT is running a "Nashville" marathon starting at 1PM CST! I think it sounds like a lovely thing to watch while taking down the tree . . .

CMT Presents a ‘Nashville’ Marathon Beginning Sunday, January 6 at 2PM - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

New episode on Wednesday the 9th!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,479,129 times
Wait...my tree is already down! Can I still watch?

Thanks for the link. I might give it another try.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Wait...my tree is already down! Can I still watch?
Nope, but thanks for playing.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 AM

CMT marathon starts in half an hour . . in the meantime, this is a cool site that the Tennessean has put together!

ABC's 'Nashville' Series | The Tennessean

And here is a map of where they have thus far filmed:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...19403,0.292511
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville